• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

master fakemon!!

col_serra

<------ is hot!
http://i37.*******.com/r78a3k.png

please rate my first fakemon all from scratch and suggest names

Lord_Storm

Well they dont even look like they were made to be pokemon, and they look like you have just scribbled something down on paint, so I think they arent very well made and you should give yourself a bit of practise before posting more

~Storm

Pokemon dude

Bulbasaur is cute.
I'm sorry but I don't think you put much effort into these drawings, like what lord Storm said "Well they...look like you have just scribbled something down on Paint" I agree with this. You shouldn't rush your art, art is ment to be handeled with great care and responiblity, you must put all your effort into making art or it'll floop.

The biggest problem I say you have is that, you haven't captured the essense of making the Pokemon look. Pokemon are ment to have rather big shiny eyes and a uqine(sorry can't spell that good) theme. Study Pokemon more and try to create your fakemon like Pokemon, lol.

I'm sorry for being harsh but I really think you have potenial and you can create great fakemon. I mean not everyone can draw using Paint, you should put 100% in then I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
You used default paint colours. Do not do that. Ever. Even on gun point. For the sake of our eyes.

Also, there is next to no shading on the oulines, which themselves are erratic instead of smooth, making your fakemon looking low quality.

Even shading on the bodies is pretty lame. It never has more then two colours (default paint ones at that) and the lightsource varies, top right, bottom left, it's like the sun is drunk. All pokemon sprites have their light source at the top in the direction they are facing.

Read the tutorials and maybe try something easier.

Pokemon dude

Bulbasaur is cute.
You used default paint colours. Do not do that. Ever. Even on gun point. For the sake of our eyes.

This is not true, you can create some fantasic shades of different colours in Paint, but only if you know how to use Paint properly.

Bert

Untitled
This is not true, you can create some fantasic shades of different colours in Paint, but only if you know how to use Paint properly.

He said default paint colors. Which are the colors shown in the palette when you start up paint. Most of them are craptastic, eye-blinding colors so it's recommended never ever to use them and make your own instead.

pikemono

hope you dont mind I tried to remake one of the fakemon you made. Oh and one more thing were the first three basesed of DBZ?

And for those who feel like giving me pointers forget it this was a quick 5 min sprite.

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
MS paint defaults arn't horrid, the older defualts were bright and eye burning, but the newer paints have a smoother more deep color set, I used the yellow on the sprite in mah sig, they have their uses, as for the sprites they need serious work, the designs are almost impossible to decipher really.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
MSpaint colors have far too much contrast to be usable in decent sprites, which may be why I don't see any.

You can't really just draw a random shape in, like, ten seconds and actually believe that it is passable can you? I'd suggest that before you post anything, you should compare it to an official sprite, and then compare it to the fan sprites that others have made. If you honestly don't think it's all that great, I would probably go ahead and not post it.

Consequently, I would also not post the first sprites you ever make.

pikadude43

most of the things are already said but i cant see a outline in some parts and the most of them have very little if any shading

col_serra

<------ is hot!
hope you dont mind I tried to remake one of the fakemon you made. Oh and one more thing were the first three basesed of DBZ?

And for those who feel like giving me pointers forget it this was a quick 5 min sprite.

wow if you could do that for the first 3 i would be so happy and yes i was inspired by dbz

oh and im reworking the worm ones the are my faves

pikadude43

wow if you could do that for the first 3 i would be so happy and yes i was inspired by dbz

oh and im reworking the worm ones the are my faves

ermmm tho whole point of that sprite was to help you create better sprites by using that as referance
and dont use paint default colours and give it an outline and do shading