1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Master League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by Erron Black, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullKidGod

SkullKidGod Majora's Mask God

Whe should ask Blackwing about this issue. I made this because Garchop is the same type as my gym. If Blackwing as owner of this league said that he doesnt count as counter then i post the results and the badge is all yours.

2. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

Garchomp doesn't resist. Only Bug and Grass resist Ground

3. GoldenR418

GoldenR418 Johtos Finest!

Dew what is your opinion on all this after reading it all?

Skullkidgod, that sounds like a good idea let's wait for blackwing

4. Ivysnake

Ivysnake Poison Gym Leader

(Why send a Weavile against Grounds? It's too frail!) so unless we are considering moves as counters, it seems legit.

5. Ivysnake

not to mention flying immunities, and if we count levitaters as pokemon who resist.

(Sorry for double Post, won't happen again)

6. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

7. Ivysnake

(Well, Rock is weak to steel and fighting, oh, and ground.)

And mold breaker v. Levitate can be taken into account. but if you have one pokemon that can hit it, and not the rest, it kind of nullifies that argument.

And I am 99.99% certain Will-O-Wisp was somewhere.

8. GoldenR418

GoldenR418 Johtos Finest!

It will be nice to have blackwing sorting this out

9. Dew Watatsumi

I'm not really a big user of Garchomp, but all I can say is that Gold's team consist of a Garchomp, Gengar, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Gyarados, and Breloom (I assume)

Gengar has Levitate so ground type moves cant hurt him

Garchomp, being a Dragon/Ground takes Neutral damage from Ground Types. But he does resist rock types

Jellicent is a water type which gives the type advantage but would also have ground immunity if he has levitate

Breloom is Resistant to the ground type but is also Super Effective due to the Grass typing

Ferrothorn is Super effective due to the Grass type but is Neutral when taking damage to steel types

Gyrados is immune to ground and is super effective

Also, Wego, his Excadrill is Sand Rush

Thats basically 1 Levitator (Gengar) 1 Flying (Gyrados) 2 Neutral (Ferrothorn and Possibly Jellicent if he doesnt have Levitate) and 4 Pokemon that are super effective

10. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

O well that sounds like a counter team to me

11. Solo95

Solo95 Shiny Hunter

No offence here, but jellicent doesn't get levitate, it has cursed body and water absorb instead and it was a weavile, not gyrados, but the point still stands that it had type advantage

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  12. Dew Watatsumi

As you noticed, I am not a big user of Jellicent

13. Ivysnake

Yeah, (and damp, but that's useless unless your fighting... Pineco? Suicide Shiftry?)

5 counters still is unfair (and by the way SkullKidGod, I did notice your team was a poison counter. I mean, who deliberately puts psychic on volcarona?)

14. Dew Watatsumi

And a rocky helmet

15. Solo95

Solo95 Shiny Hunter

Eh, jellicents ok, nice and bulky though but hey, I bet that knowledge will come in handy

Could that be classed as countering? I thought it was stab super effective that affected countering? counter teaming is definitely a pain to figure out as a pokemon could possibly be running anything (within reason)

16. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

heads up fairy gym will be closed until next week need to get things ready for my trip so i will not be open till next week as well need to add one more fairy member still to my team and ill be ready :)

17. Dew Watatsumi

Worth the wait. I don't think we ever battled each other, and we were former guildmates

18. TheShoveler1887

TheShoveler1887 Rock Shoveler

In the other league, counters are considered pokemon who either resist the stab moves of the gym's type or are stab super effective against the gym's type. Pokemon like Greninja and Protean Kecleon are problems when figuring out counters, as they change type, but I've mostly been using what type they are initially.

19. SkullKidGod

SkullKidGod Majora's Mask God

The Challenger Rules said clearly that Allowed up to 3 counters (Resisters, Immune Pokemon, and SE Pokemon). It not said about moves that are super effective against one type. My Volvarona has no type advantage against poison just the move. Also My Yanmega.

Neider Nintendo VGC or Smogon said that u cant put a Rocky Helmet on a pokemon that doesnt a wall pokemon. I dont like using the pokemon the same way that everyone does. That's my strategy for the battle and that's all.

Besides that Im gonna close my gym until later today cause my son woke up and have to take care of it. Have to fulfill my duties as a father.

BATTLE RESULT-
    Challenger- Watatsumi
    Leader- SkullKidGod
    Challenger's Team- Azumarrill, Greninja, M-Mawile, Trevenaunt, Espeon, Zygarde
    Your Team- Hippowdon, M-Aerodactyl, Excadrill, Garchomp, Roserade, Donphan
    Win/Lose Ratio- 3-1 Win (Forfeit)
    Rating of Challenger Performance- 8/10
    Rating of your Performance- 8/10
    Additional Comments- Good battle since start to end. Scare me when he set up his Belly Drum Azumarrill but my Donphan managed to get the kill. Overall a great battle.

BATTLE RESULT-
    Challenger- GoldenR418
    Leader- SkullKidGod
    Challenger's Team- Garchomp, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Weavile, Breloom, Gengar
    Your Team- Hippowdon, M-Aerodactyl, Excadrill, Garchomp, Roserade, Donphan
    Win/Lose Ratio- 0-1 Loss
    Rating of Challenger Performance- 10/10
    Rating of your Performance- 7/10
    Additional Comments- It was a great battle as i don't have anything for that will-or-wisp Jellicent. That's screw like 3-4 member of my team and leave his Garchomp will the easy win in his hands against my own Garchomp.

I put this one in case that Blackwing said it count as an official battle.

20. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

According to me you have four counters. Whereas you are allowed the at most. I might as well set up a poll about the abilities that make a pokemon immune to a certain move.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.