1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Master League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by Erron Black, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenR418

GoldenR418 Johtos Finest!

Alright then, a rematch. But messing with abilities will take away many people's favourite pokes like gengar and greninja. Just saying

2. broomstig

broomstig Water/Dragon Leader

Would that include Protean? Would also be a point for debate considering they could become any type, and also mega evolution type changes; would it be the original types or the mega types, and if the mega type does count, would it also count towards the 4 pokemon of the gyms type or not?

Just throwing some points out there for clarification, they are worth considering along with the immunities

3. GoldenR418

Yeah, it breaks the game too much in my opinion. I think it's fine at 3 types restriction, no aabilities need to be included. That's my opinion though

4. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

It would be best for a poll to get everyone's opinions in, and no Protean would not be taken into account here. Only Abilities like Sap Sipper, Water Absorb, Lightningrod, Levitate, etc...

5. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

And about the poll you can now vote here- http://strawpoll.me/1683740

6. CHALLENGER APPLICATION-
    Name/Username- Helio
    Preferred Battle Style(s)- Any
    Friend Code- 4038 6568 1601
    Why do you want to join?- So I can start battling again when my team is ready
    Have you read the rules carefully?- Yes

I won't have my team until November at least but I wanted to throw my own opinion about counter teams in so I'm applying early

7. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

And accepted! Why won't you have a team until November? Is it because of ORAS?

8. I did have a team but it's a long story, anyway like you guessed I'm going to start over with the remakes so it's more interesting for me.

9. Skullbash

Skullbash Fire-Dragonslayer

Name/Username- Skullbash
    Preferred Battle Style(s)- singles or doubles
    Friend Code- 3840-5907-1581
    Why do you want to join?- Battle more and test new team combinations.

10. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Application accepted!
    New Challenger!
    Need to update challenger board x.x

11. I voted yes for those abilities being classed as countering certain types for a few reasons. The main one is just so it's fair for gym leaders, sure 1 levitating pokemon might not make much of a difference but 5 or 6 definitely will. The way I see it is just as an easy way to get around the type advantage limit

12. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

BATTLE RESULT-
    Challenger- Golden
    Leader/E4 Type and Owner- BlackwingMarauder
    Challenger's Team- Gyarados, Breloom, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Breloom (Forgot other 1 didn't get to far in as I was off to a horrid start due to spore breloom x.x)
    Your Team- Sylveon, Scizor, Bisharp, Weavile, Reuniclus, Metagross
    Win/Lose Ratio- 6-0 :*(
    Rating of Challenger Performance- 9/10
    Rating of your Performance- 4/10
    Additional Comments- I did freaking horrible in this game. I started off how I usually do, but Breloom with Spore ended up screwing me over. Then he set up a Rest/Chesto Berry Gyarados with Dragon Dance, Earthquake and Waterfall... Grats.

EDIT: Also Solo95 has resigned as Electric Gym Leader so that spot is now open.

Now I am scared of versing anymore Gyarados...

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  13. GoldenR418

BATTLE RESULT-
    Challenger- GoldenR418
    Leader- BlackWingMarauder
    Challenger's Team- Garchomp, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Breloom, Gengar, Gyarados
    Win/Lose Ratio- 6-0 Win
    Rating of Challenger Performance- 7/10
    Rating of your Performance- 9/10
    Additional Comments: Good fight. Once Gyara is setup he is near impossible to beat. Could've ended differently if u got off if trick room.

14. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Woot Woot! Just made a (Pretty huge) Banner for the league go check it out! And Dark/Psychic E4 is open~

15. Murder Doll

Murder Doll Button Presser

Ahh love it, Aegislash is gonna stab that Noivern >:)

Erm I mean nice banner.

16. GoldenR418

Great job, it looks really nice now. Big improvement

17. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Thanks guys! In fact thanks to Skullbash for suggesting it! I really think it makes the league look better and more "Official" I guess you could say.
    Always open to suggestions so if you want go ahead and suggest something you think will make the league better ^.^
    And Poll is open for 30 minutes and it looks like Abilities like that can be considered a counter in some cases.
    Vote- http://strawpoll.me/1683740/r

Now open for 17 minutes, vote while you can!

EDIT- The results are in no more voting! It looks like Certain Abilities can be counters now! I will post them in the Counter Rules (Newly Made) In the First Post!
    EDIT: My Dark/Psychic E4 is now closed.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  18. Owen1997

Owen1997 New Member

Name/Username- Owen1997
    Preferred Battle Style(s)- singles or doubles
    Friend Code- 2638 1280 1561
    Why do you want to join?- Battle more and test new teams.

19. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

I just saw the banner it looks great and Dragon gym open

20. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

Sorry for closing out. Internet issues are here... Also gym is closed til Sunday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.