• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Master League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Challenger- Zelphon
Leader/E4 Type and Owner- BlackwingMarauder
Leader's Team- Scizor, Metagross, Bisharp, Reuniclus, the rest are a blur
Your Team- Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, Gorebyss, Togekiss, Excadrill
Win/Lose Ratio- 0/1 - Loss
Rating of Leader Performance- 8/10
Rating of your Performance- 7/10
Additional Comments- I thought I had you but that Scizor swag and it's Rock Smash where to much for me to handle, great battle mate I thoroughly enjoyed it even learned a bit about my team.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Challenger- Zelphon
Leader/E4 Type and Owner- BlackwingMarauder
Leader's Team- Scizor, Metagross, Bisharp, Reuniclus, the rest are a blur
Your Team- Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, Gorebyss, Togekiss, Excadrill
Win/Lose Ratio- 0/1 - Loss
Additional Comments- I thought I had you but that Scizor swag and it's Rock Smash where to much for me to handle, great battle mate I thoroughly enjoyed it even learned a bit about my team.

Lol Scizor Swag xD That is now his nickname. Except I can't nickname him... Oh well it is still Scizor Swag! And yeah that was a great battle. I thought I was finished when Excadrill used Drill Run. And your Metagross OHKO'ed my Reuniclus it was saddening to me :(

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Hmm, I just finished a battle with skullkid.

Does a team involving Garchomp, Entei, Volcarona & Hippowdon count as a counter team?

I want to know before I post some battle results.

SkullKidGod

Fire Emblem and Pokemon
Hmm, I just finished a battle with skullkid.

Does a team involving Garchomp, Entei, Volcarona & Hippowdon count as a counter team?

I want to know before I post some battle results.

He's right. I complety forgot about the Garchomp as i dont use it in the battle but we agree to have a new match tomorrow.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Fighting gym is open

Challenger- SkullKidGod
Leader/E4 Type and Owner- Dew-Fighting Gym
Leader's Team- M-Mawile/Machamp/Lucario/Espeon/Breloom/Infernape
Your Team- Staraptor/Volcarona/Roserade/Donphan/Thundurus-T/ Aerodactyl
Win/Lose Ratio- 1-2 (forfiet)
Additional Comments- Fighting isn't my primary type so I wasn't really expecting to win that match anyway. Switching to Espeon in the start was a big mistake. Mainly because I forgot everything is now packing Knock Off and Donphan can't learn Stealth Rocks in 6th gen

Challenger- Golden
Leader/-Dew Watatsumi
Leader's Team- M-Mawile, Breloom, Infernape, Machamp, Lucario, Espeon
Your Team- Ferrothorn, Gyrados, Gengar, Garchomp, Jellicent, Breloom
Win/Lose Ratio- 3-0 Win
Additional Comments- Really close match. SOO close to get an espeon sweep but Gengar just had to win the speed tie. You probably should've attacked straight ahead at the end, you probably would've gotten frozen at the end thus giving me the win. Good game

Challenger- Dew
Leader/- Skull Kid
Leader's Team- Aerodactyl/Hippowdon/Roserade/Excadrill (fogot the rest)
Your Team- Zygarde/Greninja/Azumarill/Espeon/Trevenant/Mawile
Win/Lose Ratio- 1-3 (loss/forfiet)
Rating of your Performance- 6/10
Additional Comments- That Donphan derailed any chance of me of winning this match. Plus Aerodactyl mega is a force to be reckoned with. I knew Espeon isn't gonna survive the next turn so its a forfeit.

Last edited:

SkullKidGod

Fire Emblem and Pokemon
Challenger- SkullKidGod
Leader/- Watatsumi
Your Team- Thundurus, M-Aerodactyl, Volcarona, Roserade, Donphan, Staraptor
Win/Lose Ratio- 2/0 - Win
Rating of your Performance- 8/10
Additional Comments- It was a pretty good battle. Almost can back with the M-Mawile. Not know why he dont use Sucker Punch to take my Roserade out, that could easily sweep the rest of my team. Overall a great battle.

GoldenR418

Johtos Finest!
Challenger- GoldenR418
Leader/- Watatsumi
Your Team- Garchomp, Gengar, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Gyarados, Breloom
Win/Lose Ratio- 3/0 - Lose
Rating of your Performance- 5/10
Additional Comments- Was a good fight, decided pretty early. Good game from Dew. This is my third day to competitive battling and it truly showed, I had no idea how to deall with magic bounce, yet alone what it even does

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Congrats SkullKidGod on getting another badge! I'll boost you up in the leader boards.
Looks like there will be quite a bit of battles today!

SkullKidGod

Fire Emblem and Pokemon
The Ground Gym will be open for the next 2-3 hours. Pm or Vm if want to challenge my Gym.

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Challenger- GoldenR418

Additional Comments- Was a good fight, decided pretty early. Good game from Dew. This is my third day to competitive battling and it truly showed, I had no idea how to deall with magic bounce, yet alone what it even does

It's basically Magic Coat as a ability, which means it reflects all statuses, stat changes, hazards, even leech seed and taunt right back at the opponent.

It's devastating to opponents who rely on stalling or pranksters to do damage, since it hits right back.

Last edited:

GoldenR418

Johtos Finest!
Hello guys I have a question. I faced skullkidgod, the ground gym leader, with this team: garchomp jellicent ferrothorn weavile breloom and gengar. My question is, is it a counter team or nit considering ferrothorn is part steel?

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
well, are we considering gengar is a counter with levitate? and I would possibly say he is a counter, but it is debatable.

GoldenR418

Johtos Finest!
I thought abilities weren't included

SkullKidGod

Fire Emblem and Pokemon
The 4 counters that i mention in your team are Weawile, Breeloom, Jellicent and Garchomp as hes resisted because hes dragon/ground.

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
First: Garchomp doesn't resist ground.

Second: levitate makes it immune to a type, it should be taken into account, at least in my opinion. would bouffalant with sap sipper be a counter to grass?

GoldenR418

Johtos Finest!
Ground doesn't resist ground...

Solo95

Shiny Hunter
I think a counter team means if you have 3 or more pokemon (as stated in the first post) which have super effective stab moves/resist or are immune the stab moves in return (could be wrong here) just by looking at your team though, weavile, breloom, ferrothorn and jellicent have the possibility for stab super effective and gengar is immune through levitate (unless skill swapped or mold breaker), this means there is the possibility for 5 pokemon that have a likely advantage over skullkidgods team

Last edited:

GoldenR418

Johtos Finest!
Okay I guess the ffairest thing would be a rematch. After looking at it closely, it says resisters, super effectiveness and communes. However, this refers to TYPES not ABILITIES. So considering Ferro weavile breloom and jellicent are counters I replace one of them with another poke but I get to keep gengar. Alright?

Solo95

Shiny Hunter
Better asking blackwing as it could possibly matter, may have been an oversight with the rules regarding abilities as technically unless skill swapped or just generally getting it's ability removed (or, you know mold breaker), gengar would still have an advantage

Last edited:

GoldenR418

Johtos Finest!
Humph...fine.

Edit: May I battle the electric gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.