• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mastering Current Events! (622)

STICKTOPIA

The problem is then why have it learn Giga Impact?

Cacnea's Drain punch was the sole reason why it left, because James wasn't skilled enough to train.

Gliscor's Giga Impact came out of nowhere, so in this case what was the point of it learning Giga Impact if we're never going to see it again?
Maybe it'll return back someday. They can't do that crap for nothin.

I admit there is a slight possibility Gliscor could return for the league, but there's also a chance it might now.

If it doesn't, the writers officially suck. I guess Ash should start releasing all his Pokemon again:

- Staraptor can be left behind to help a flock of Starly/Staravia being harassed by a Skarmory

- Monferno can go join the fire monkey squad and become a mascot for the firemen.

- Buizel can find out its true calling in being a lifeguard and helping little kids at sea.

- Gible/Gabite can go train in some dragon valley ala Charizard

- Grotle can simply blow up

I just lost whatever excitement I had for the Sinnoh league. If Gliscor doesn't come back, the show officially sucks.
Wow that's harsh..... especially for Grotle....

Magical Needle Smash

All this talk and only one person mentions the perfect song playing at the perfect time? Kaze to Issho ni is awesome.

Screw the haters; this episode was aces.

(Also, there seems to be no reason for a high-power move like Giga Impact to be leared if the pokemon isn't going to get some high profile battles in which to use it.)

pokefan16

another of my favorite pokemon left *sigh*

i really hate this even though ash will get gible..

it's really sad..

so i just wanna confirmed this... is gliscor "charizard"ed or "ambipom"ed?

i'm kinda confuse even though serebii put gliscor on the release list not with charizard and squirtle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hey, I'm not one of those who are still mourning over Gliscor, but I've rewatched the episode without being biased anymore. I thought that I heard Ash mention the Sinnoh League when they first meet the Airbattle master. Can anyone who speaks Japanese confirm this? It might be a direct hint, or I just might be hearing things in languages I don't fully comprehend (I know some, but it's mainly things like: mizu, ho, iwa, kawaii etc.. the basics..

About the episode, which I still haven't commented fully on apparently :s
I liked it, the battles were good, though the first one was just to make Gliscor feel bad.. and had bad ending, I mean was that hyper beam necessary?

Though I still don't like it leaving, I commemorate the days it was on Ash's team and how it's grown into using weak moves to using one of the strongest attack it can learn (stab Sky Attack being the strongest). If I remember correctly, didn't Ash make a promise that he would make it stronger? If so, he did just that, and now the Air master can finish the job be teaching it how to glide better.

Then if that hint is true, it may be a force to be reckoned with in the league when/if it returns

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
Gliscor is gone forever! She is more likely given away than being put for training and she is one of the pokemon Ash used to have, which is the permanently gone section. No, Gliscor will never return ever again and the answer is the very worst option, she is gone forever and she is ultimately murdered and DEAD! She is ultimately the most rarely seen and most temporary ash ever had. Her time with Ash is only short lived and her time with him was absolutely horrible! She's gone for good, she is only short lived, and she is dead! I think 90 episodes is short-lived. She will NEVER return to the sinnoh league and there will never be a Gliscor vs Gliscor battle ever because both of them are dead. Paul shot his Gliscor to death between DP100 and DP101 and Ash permanently released his in DP154. That species is banned from the anime and will never ever be seen ever again! She died too soon.

P.S. I'm sorry for all those threats about Gliscor.

TeddiUrsa

I watched this episodes many weeks ago as a subbed version and never said anything about Gliscor's release after it but seeing how some members act still after all the weeks/months after its release I just have to post my thoughts about this episode.

First things first: I didn't want Gliscor to leave. It was my favourite Pokémon on Satoshi's Sinnoh team. You can say that I was very biased about this episode when the title was first released. I couldn't believe that the writers "released" another Pokémon of Satoshi again.

My opinion changed after watching this episode though.

I really, really like the way Gliscor left. It has always been the funny crybaby of Satoshi's team that wanted to prove its strength. In this episode all of this had some kind of "closure".
It learned a way to train on its own under the eyes of a real air master in an area which is probably the best you could find to train its wind-gliding skills. It proved strenghts even in a loss and learned a move in order to mimic Scizor's hyper beam attack pattern.
It really matured during this episode and even was able to refrain from crying in the end, showing that it matured even in behaviour.

The animation could have been a LOT better..that's for sure, and I would be pretty disappointed if Gliscor would never get a cameo ( a return to Satoshi would be the best but...yeah..)later on, but this episode didn't feel like the coup-out that so many people tried to see in it.

Goodbye, Gliscor. You will be missed...you are awesome ^^

Pokemanik

Expert trainer
Gliscor was ( I personally think) the most emotional one on ash's team
It's the only one shown crying in any episodes
To be honest, I think gliscor and brock's sudowoodo mirror eachother
Their pre- evolved forms weren't that strong, cried alot, evolved to help their trainers, turned into real powerhouses, and would do anything for their respective trainers

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Overslept, so I got to watch from my DVR.

Sad to see Gliscor go in this episode, his tears from the whole episode made me cry a bit too though, knowing how emotional he is. :p

Plus that Scizor was pretty beast, but so was Gliscor, in the Air Battle. Also when they were agreeing to the first battle, wasn't Siczor already out of his Pokeball? When the Air Master brought his Poke Ball out to bring out Scizor.

Oh yeah, with Team Rocket's 2nd appearance, I couldnt help but enjoy how they did their motto. xD With the wind taking them away, one of the lines cracked me up.

Jessie: "Jessie!"
James: "James!"
Meowth: "This balloon is lame!"

Also Gliscor learning Giga Impact was pretty amazing, shame he was only able to do it once in this episode.

At the end when he was offered to stay and train, or go with the gang, my heart was broken a bit. Along with the song that played in Gliscor's Flashbacks; catching him, evolving him, Gym Battle against Byron's Bastiodon. Now I feel like downloading that song wherever it is.

Still in the end, I was sad to see him staying, even Team Rocket was sad too. With their big amount of tears. :p

Well, farewell Gliscor, I'm never going to forget you.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

9/10
Pretty good episode. I don't like that Gliscor is leaving, but I prefer Gible. I
I'll never forget Gliscor though, like how I'll never forget Ambipom, Butterfree & Primeape. I felt like shedding a tear when I saw those old scenes of Ash, catching Gligar, Gligar evolving and Gliscor beating Bastiodeon. The song was also great as well. Farewell, Gliscor. Good luck with your training!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I thought this was a pretty good leaving episode. I loved the scenes where it showed Gliscor's capture and first gym battle, and the song fitted it so well, but which film was it from?
I also liked the training in the night scene and how Dawn came through to help out. Shows how strong their friendship is.

SmartD

It's a good episode. We have a good battle and Gliscor learns a new move. I'm going to miss Gliscor though, it's just like the time when Ash left his Charizard for training. I hope we see Gliscor again someday.

Dattebayo

Banned
I've made a pro and con regarding Gliscor's release:

Pro - Ash's team is now balanced, so he much catch a new Pokemon that is neither a flying type nor ground type. Remember, balancing is serious business.

Con - Gliscor won't be able to see Ash's possible victory against Paul.

I almost face palmed about that Scizor using hyper beam because it's no longer a physical move in this gen. Is it just me, or was Dawn wearing sandals instead of slippers when she was wearing her PJs?

togepilover12

Blazing Flare Blitz!
I just watched the episode now, the song that played during the Gliscor flashback was emotional. I can't decide if the English song is sadder or the Japan song was sadder? What song do you think was sadder. I say the English one was sadder.

R_N

I really liked the episode, honestly. And it's not like they just threw Gliscour away, everyone was sad about it and you could tell Gliscour had a tough time choosing.

Battles were nice, though I wonder why it learned Giga Impact. It didn't really turn the tide or anything...

catzeye

Writer's Block
This episode was good and sad at the same time.

I'm going to miss Gliscor a lot, it was very funny and cute to watch.
I thought the battle between Gliscor and Scizor was awesome. Makes me want to do Air Battles as well.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm kinda gonna miss Gliscor too. TPTB didn't really use him as much as they should have. It had some pretty darn good variety of moves: Fire Fang, X-Scissor now Giga Impact. I hope it comes back for the Sinnoh League!

I swear I heard that song before but i can't remember where!

R_N

I'm kinda gonna miss Gliscor too. TPTB didn't really use him as much as they should have. It had some pretty darn good variety of moves: Fire Fang, X-Scissor now Giga Impact. I hope it comes back for the Sinnoh League!

I swear I heard that song before but i can't remember where!

I believe it was the song used when Dustox left.

STICKTOPIA

Ash says he'll see Gliscor again sometime so I assume we will see it again. Gliscor almost won that battle! 2 fire fangs and a giga impact.. 2 more fire fangs and it would have been over! I really hope Gliscor comes back. I want to see its big improvement.