• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mastering Current Events! (622)

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
As I've been watching this series and after seeing the 6 on 6 battle with Paul. I had a feeling this was going to happen. I mean Ash barely used Gliscor in the last few episodes and I have a feeling it won't be like Charizard. Well, I can't say for sure but I just have this nagging feeling Gliscor is gone for good. Off subject I do hope we see Ambipom. I also agree with Gaiash, is anyone in this series going to actually train their pokemon and not release it to some other trainer?

Thriller

Its almost time
I was preparing myself for it so I'm not too bummed.

I get the feeling we will see it again for the Sinnoh League.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
WHAT!?!

This is the second time this saga that the writers have given away my favourite pokemon on a trainer's team just to make room for a gratuitous last-minute super-powered newcomer.

I was always against Gible, and this is just B.S. of the highest degree. At least when he released them in Kanto he got rid of the ones which hadn't been of much use in gyms, so when he got to the league it never seemed like they were missing out on their deserved appearances. But Ambipom was the main powerhouse in one gym battle (against Gardenia) and one of Dawn's toughest contest victories, and now Gliscor- the little engine that could- has been shafted for that bloody thing. If Gliscor does come back for the league (and I'm hoping and praying that it does) then it better be the one to finish off Torterra, or something equally significant. Because this is just shameful.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Was it confirmed in anyway - that Glisocr was 'charizarded' and not 'ambipomed'? or, are you just saying? Still it could be 'primaped' and we won't ever know.
Considering Ash hasn't released a Pokémon since 1999, I'd like to think it's more a training

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I also agree with Gaiash, is anyone in this series going to actually train their pokemon and not release it to some other trainer?

Everyone's a quitter. They caught the Paul-itis.

So the Japanese have released the only pokemon of Ash's to have a personality.

Now let's not exaggerate, here. In the very least you can admit Buizel has a personality. I feel all of them have some semblance of one that makes them unique / interesting, though.

Darkstorm16

I'm glad Ash released him and let him train with the old dude, I mean its better than sitting with Oak and Tracey all this time getting no action, besides you never know? Assuming he gets Gible, this Gible might be stronger than Buizel.But anyways goodbye Gliscor, you'll be missed like we miss Primeape, but hey you can't please everyone with this show.

Gizadude

Well Goodbye Gliscor hope to seeya in the league or Volkner's Gym. I really liked that little monstrosity really. Oh well at least Ash gets a Dragon type that and I am about as fond of Gabite and Gible as I am Gligar and Gliscor , so its a win win situation one of my favorites leaves the main cast and another is joining.

uber gon

Accept Change
I'm just hoping Gible evolves. That way if Ash decides to double battle with him and Gliscor it'll look pretty epic.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
Can someone please answer me something that I am confused on. Where is everyone getting Gible/some Dragon-type from? I thought Kazunari caught a Gible from what I was reading in the bios. Also, not to be mean here but can Ash handle a dragon-type? I don't mean to sound like a high snob or some kind of jerk. But I don't see Ash with a Dragon-type. I see him more with Riolu/Lucario more then a Dragon-type. Just my opinion.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
^^^^
there will be 2 episodes about Gible (dp 156&157) and it showed in future events Ash using Gible against Barry's Empoleon
so yeah its pretty much confirmed Ash will have Gible.
and in my opinion its a classic Charizard case. this guy will train gliscor to be the best he can. then Ash will take him back with him for the league and then gliscor will beat the *** out of Paul:)
its that simple ;)

JD

I miss Gliscor but it was for the better. We might see her again at the sinnoh league or at Volkners Gym well atleast Gliscor learned a really powerful move.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Considering Ash hasn't released a Pokémon since 1999, I'd like to think it's more a training

I don't know about that.

I'm actually suprised that for once Scizor got to be the badarse pokemon it deserves to be instead of a fodder for Ash or someone else to beat the tar out of.

Thriller

Its almost time
Zard, please don't adapt the "Charyzrd & skwurtl r starturz!" BS argument Cyber likes to use. Since Gliscor is basically in for training, to become better at battling, there should be no reason it won't return for the league. Being one of Ash's most popular Sinnoh Pokemon, I don't see why not.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Buizel's "personality" is basically a poor imitation of Sceptile/Charizard (in that he tries to be badass, but just comes off as a cocky douchebag). And unlike either of them, he isn't entertaining to watch nor does he have any sort of character development.

Ash has had highly emotional Pokemon before (Torkoal seems the closest) so it's no better to compare them to Gliscor then Buizel to Charizard. The second part is just an opinion. I didn't like Gliscor or its personality very much (thought they overdid it in this episode especially) but it was a solid member of the team. Far as Character Development goes its few and far in between for any Pokemon. Some get it and others don't. Same goes for Trainers.

Where is everyone getting Gible/some Dragon-type from?

About a month ago Bandai leaked that Ash would catch a Gible at the end of the year. The recent episode Titles and Previews have supported this. He'll be catching a different Gible. Now that Ash has a slot open in his roster it's all but certain.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I admit there is a slight possibility Gliscor could return for the league, but there's also a chance it might now.

If it doesn't, the writers officially suck. I guess Ash should start releasing all his Pokemon again:

- Staraptor can be left behind to help a flock of Starly/Staravia being harassed by a Skarmory

- Monferno can go join the fire monkey squad and become a mascot for the firemen.

- Buizel can find out its true calling in being a lifeguard and helping little kids at sea.

- Gible/Gabite can go train in some dragon valley ala Charizard

- Grotle can simply blow up

I just lost whatever excitement I had for the Sinnoh league. If Gliscor doesn't come back, the show officially sucks.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Zard, please don't adapt the "Charyzrd & skwurtl r starturz!" BS argument Cyber likes to use.

and how exactly does "I don't know about that" = what you are saying?

Since Gliscor is basically in for training, to become better at battling, there should be no reason it won't return for the league.

Problem is there ain't no gaurantee of that, Ash released Primeape in a similar fashion, and we never saw it again, so who knows, but i'm not about to start fighting with people over the issue since it's like fighting a brick wall.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gliscor could return by league time, simply because we're near the end of Sinnoh now and Ash could use a 7th pokemon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Gliscor could return by league time, simply because we're near the end of Sinnoh now and Ash could use a 7th pokemon.

As you say, we're near the end of sinnoh, hardly ample time for me to actually see Gliscor get as much training as people are thinking here.

Also, someone over at bulbagarden brought up an intresting point, if Gliscor does return and is used against Paul, then that's basically proving Paul right because someone else trained it for him, not him himself.

If it does comeback in the league then it's fine but it just lost it's rights to battle Paul, because that's no better than using an older pokemon against him.