• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mastering Current Events! (622)

Jeez, everyone's getting so worked up here. I like Gliscor as much as the next guygirl, but what's done is done. That's it. And to say that the show is horrible because of 1 Pokemon (even if it was great having him/her around) leaving is kinda unreasonable, no? Maybe we will see Gliscor again, maybe we won't. Stop complaining, it's a TV show.. We can't do anything about it. The writers have months of episodes already complete, written, and animated. It's too late. =/

On topic; I thought this episode was pretty good. Sad to see Gliscor leave the gang and all, but it WAS expected. 8|

Next up, Gible's time to shine! *shot*

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just view this as poor planning on the writers part. They have Ash capture something, then have him release it out of the blue for some little dragon?

This is not Kanto. To see this happening in Sinnoh twice is ridiculous.

I can only assume this is some secret plan to bring Gliscor back for the league, if not then I'll have lost all faith in the writers. It seems "good writing" has officially gone out the window. Will the writers rectify this? I don't know.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow. I honestly didn't see this coming, and I'm angry. I can't believe they pulled another Ambipom in the same season.

I hope this Gible rots.

mimefan

Banned
Maybe, just maybe, Gible will be given a unique personality.

thunderblade12

Considering Ash hasn't released a Pokémon since 1999, I'd like to think it's more a training

I hope you're right.

I admit there is a slight possibility Gliscor could return for the league, but there's also a chance it might now.

If it doesn't, the writers officially suck. I guess Ash should start releasing all his Pokemon again:

- Staraptor can be left behind to help a flock of Starly/Staravia being harassed by a Skarmory

- Monferno can go join the fire monkey squad and become a mascot for the firemen.

- Buizel can find out its true calling in being a lifeguard and helping little kids at sea.

- Gible/Gabite can go train in some dragon valley ala Charizard

- Grotle can simply blow up

I just lost whatever excitement I had for the Sinnoh league. If Gliscor doesn't come back, the show officially sucks.

Yeah I agree. Charizard randomly shows up when it's convenient for Ash. If they can't even be bothered to bring Gliscor back then they're just lazy. It left to train right? It didn't leave to sky dive or anything random and stupid like Ambipom so I don't see any reason it can't return.

Sad yes, but can't go back now. We have to wait until Gible arrives until we can judge the creature - who knows, it might be (and I personally think it will be) a great replacement. When Gible is given some time on Ash's team people get used to it and sooner or later forget older things (like this situation with Gliscor). I'd really like to travel to the future to see how people would react if it was Gible leaving, haha, there would be soo much complaining even though you hate the little thing now. It's a never ending cycle and people are never satisfied, that's what we are like.

Also, someone over at bulbagarden brought up an intresting point, if Gliscor does return and is used against Paul, then that's basically proving Paul right because someone else trained it for him, not him himself.
True, never thought of that... I guess Ash won't be using Gliscor against Paul then. But he'll win anyway: Gible will get plenty of training before the League not to mention all the other Pokémon Ash has + Monferno most likely evolving...

Thriller

Its almost time
I just view this as poor planning on the writers part. They have Ash capture something, then have him release it out of the blue for some little dragon?

I can only assume this is some secret plan to bring Gliscor back for the league, if not then I'll have lost all faith in the writers. It seems "good writing" has officially gone out the window. Will the writers rectify this? I don't know.

Seriously man, cut off the record player. We get it. It's "Poor Writing."

HoennMaster

It amazes me how at how much people are overreacting. I love Gliscor to death and this kills me, but you don't see me overreacting do you?

There is a good change Gliscor might return. All it has to do is master it's flying which shouldn't take too long since it wasn't that bad in the first place (Canalave Gym Battle).

Anyway, despite what happens the episode looks good.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It amazes me how at how much people are overreacting. I love Gliscor to death and this kills me, but you don't see me overreacting do you?

You're missing the point, its horrid out of the blue writing with no foreshadowing and it ruins everything the current show is about.

Its things like this that makes you realize the DP saga has just as many flaws and mishaps about it as any of the previous regions. So much for DP being this "perfect saga," both Gliscor and Ambipom being released is the worse thing to happen to the show in 10 years.

There is a good change Gliscor might return. All it has to do is master it's flying which shouldn't take too long since it wasn't that bad in the first place (Canalave Gym Battle).

The writers had give them Gliscor's pokeball.

Shadow XD001

At first I was kind of annoyed since I really like Gliscor, but it could just be like Charizard and Squirtle where someone else has them (excluding the ones at Oak's Lab) and then ash can call upon the Pokémon whenever he wants.

This is just for flying, and Gliscor has pretty good flying, so this might not even last long.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Yeah, I haven't seen the episode yet either, but it doesn't matter. I just wanted to find out what happened to Gliscor. Unfortunately, our predictions were correct. Still, I have faith that Gliscor will return for the league. Why would it learn Giga Impact then immediately leave? The writers must have something up their sleeves. I'm hoping for a Gible/Gliscor rotation at the league?

Still, I'm a bit angry at the writers. Not so much about Gliscor itself, but that they would release such a vital part of the main cast at such a crucial time. Much like Ambipom, they've gone and THROWN AWAY a Pokemon that they have spent good time developing into a loved character. And for what? A new little Pokemon that's more marketable? I'm sorry, but if they got rid of Ambipom and Gliscor for Pokemon that are simply more marketable, than the writers make me sick.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. Gliscor is gone and there's nothing that can be done about it, so don't waste your time and energy whining. I still think Gliscor's returning for the league because UNLIKE AMBIPOM Gliscor isn't totally ditching its trainer for a completely different style of training. Until confirmed otherwise, I would put it in the same category as Charizard and Squirtle: in training. Wait...isn't Primeape in that category too? Huh....

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Jeez, everyone's getting so worked up here. I like Gliscor as much as the next guygirl, but what's done is done. That's it. And to say that the show is horrible because of 1 Pokemon (even if it was great having him/her around) leaving is kinda unreasonable, no?
This is the same fandom that has fans who stopped watching ever since Misty left. Somehow, I don't find this completely unreasonable.

Next up, Gible's time to shine! *shot*
Who knows, Gible might just be as good as Glisco-*sniped*

Said dragon was hyped for about a month.

3, oh right twice. So Cacnea doesn't count because it's a rocket Pokemon? Or Dustox?

Okay, I'll admit that they gave Dustox a good sendoff, and that we did hear about Cacnea later on.

Gliscor is leaving for training (and to perfect Giga Impact, maybe?).

Ambipom left for Ping Pong... -_-. WTF?

SOL then.

That's true. A little unfortunate, yes, but I'm still gonna watch this. We're getting Gible.

Oh wait, I forgot, Gible is pint sized replacement of Gliscor. Yeah, nothing of interest[/sarcasm].

<C_L>

mumbo230

Beginning Trainer
I think Gliscor's departure was done in a way that hints at it returning for one or two of the League battles.

I feel like Gliscor has become another Charizard-type Pokemon. Which is a lot better than just plain getting rid of it.

Still, sucks that it's gone, but this doesn't compare with the absolutely abominable way Ambipom was released.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Wow. People are sad. In a pathetic sense of the word. I mean...personally Sinnoh is still an amazing season...despite some of these minor setbacks. =\

I mean...personally, I loved Gliscor, better than some of Ash's other pokemon, but Gliscor was always the most expendable. Grotle was always staying (DP starter), Staraptor was too (search missions/bird pokemon), Buizel, because it signified the trade and is a mild powerhouse. Monferno is also staying, and Pikachu doesn't count. I saw this coming, but I was REALLY hoping it wasn't the case.

Ah well. I wish it had been a bit more...less final. The entire flashback scene made it seem like Gliscor was leaving for good. Not just on a little training session, though I'm personally hoping Gliscor comes back for the League.

I can't say Gible intrests me...but Garchomp does, so hopefully Gible will be an interesting pokemon that evolves. It will be interesting to see it's personality.

<3 the show. But I'm still upset from this latest atrocity. (XD)

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Yeah, can't say I wasn't expecting this. Somebody had to go and as soon as I saw this episode, I figured this could be a good opportunity for Gliscor to go. Still, unlike others, he's getting the Charizard treatment where it can train some. I mean, Gliscor was good at flying, but far from perfect. A little specialized training doesn't hurt anyone. I mean, look at Charizard.

Besides, even if he had Oaked Gliscor, chances are Gliscor would still be training. Let's not forget that Torkoal came back for the battle against Brandon and he knew Heat Wave.

Also, someone over at bulbagarden brought up an intresting point, if Gliscor does return and is used against Paul, then that's basically proving Paul right because someone else trained it for him, not him himself.

Electabuzz anyone? I doubt Electabuzz or any of Paul's Pokemon are just sitting around Reggie's place. It's the same deal.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
EDIT: Wait a minute. Didn't they have Snorunt have problems with a move back in Hoenn? Did they release him? NO! Ash trained him himself, and eventually got helped by someone else, but he NEVER RELEASED IT! (yeah, it left in BF, but you could say that about about a lot of stuff and leaving him)

Hello? Did no one notice this? ASH CAN TRAIN HIS OWN FREAKING POKEMON!

Oh, and I'm not so mad that he just got rid of Gliscor. It was a good characture, but so was Sceptile, and he had a GREAT arc involving his last evolution, and I knew he wouldn't use it again after Hoenn. And I'm not mad at them for putting Gible in. Nintendo has all rights to make some money with a good pokemon.

The fact remains that they are putting a Gible in, and we cannot change it.

The REAL problem seems to be the fact that... well... Gible is just to good. Sorry, but if I'm correct (and I think I am), he's getting the Draco Meteor Gible. Does anyone see the problem? Let me spell it out...

D-R-A-C-O- -M-E-T-E-O-R- -S-H-O-L-D- -P-O-P- -U-P- - L-A-T-E-R!

(I'll expand later, gtg)

Thriller

Its almost time
CyberCubed said:
The writers had give them Gliscor's pokeball.

Don't you realize it? The fact that the AM was GIVEN the Pokeball is what gives Gliscor a chance to return for the League. What was it just going to fly into the Sinnoh League island? With the Pokeball, it could simply be set via computer.

STICKTOPIA

This was a good episode except for Gliscor leaving. I gotta admit that I'm not too happy about it leaving but happy that it'll get good training out of it. Does anybody know y Ash sent out Gliscor at the beginning?