• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mastering Current Events! (622)

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Hello? Did no one notice this? ASH CAN TRAIN HIS OWN FREAKING POKEMON!

Hmm...I recall a certain Robert fella coming up to Snorunt at a crucial moment and providing some advice. Ash training? Yes. Only reason for success? Absolutely not.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Electabuzz anyone? I doubt Electabuzz or any of Paul's Pokemon are just sitting around Reggie's place. It's the same deal.

Going by "Fandom" logic, Ash is restricted to using only the pokemon he has on him, reserves are not allowed but Paul is free to use what he wants.

Overall though Ash using Gliscor against Paul at the league will pretty much establish's Paul's methods of training were correct, because Ash was always saying friendship is what matters, yet he didn't seem all that emotional when he let Gliscor go.

So if he uses Gliscor (assuming it returns.) after letting it go against Paul, he will pretty much be proving Paul right even if he defeats him at the league.

Thriller

Its almost time
^ That's the only point I'd agree with Cyber when he plays his "Poor Writing" card. Despite this, he seems to be ignoring that particular point.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode had no reason to happen. Its almost as if the writers purposely made an episode just to enrage the fanbase.

If that was their intention, they got their point across.

STICKTOPIA

This episode had no reason to happen. Its almost as if the writers purposely made an episode just to enrage the fanbase.

They could never purposely enrage us. I wish we knew y exactly they released Gliscor but they can't enrage us purposely.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
There is just no pleasing this fan-dumb is there.

First off. Would everyone please stop complaining about this. Yes Gliscor is gone. Yes it was the writers choice. Yes it will return for the League. Yes Gible is replacing. Stop restating what we already know for the love of Arceus. It not bad writing. Its just you complaining about something you don't like.

Second. Stop treating Gliscor like it was Ash's best Pokemon ever caught. It lost almost every battle it was in. The only time it won was against Byron. It didn't get multiple wins like Staravia or Chimchar. It didn't even beat some random trainers Pokemon. All it ever did was lose and cry. If anything, training with the Air Master was the only viable option. Against Paul's Pokemon it doesn't stand a chance. It needs some one who will help it get stronger and stop acting like a baby.

I mean jeez. Even in its departure episode it lost. Is it really that great?

And third. Stop it with the Gible bashing. For once Ash is about to get a very powerful Pokemon and his first Dragon type. But most of you are so far up your own butts about Gliscor, that you can't see that Ash is slowly on his way to becoming a real threat as a trainer. With a soon to be Garchomp, along with Charizard, Sceptile, and all his other powerhouses, Ash could be considered worthy of a Championship title. But with a Gliscor that constanly loses, how can he possibly accomplish that?

All this did was establish that Gliscor needed training that Ash couldn't provide for it. It will come back in the League, as does Charizard for Ash's important battles.

And now his is about recive his first Dragon type. A powerful one at that too. Mabye unlike Gliscor, it won't totally suck.

And Paul still isn't right. The whole thing is that Paul deems Pokemon weak if they aren't strong from the beginning and he releases them. Ash is just giving it time with somone else to bring out its Flying potential. He isn't blatanly releasing it like Paul does.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
. Yes Gliscor is gone. Yes it was the writers choice. Yes it will return for the League.

We don't know if its returning for the league.

Second. Stop treating Gliscor like it was Ash's best Pokemon ever caught.

Personality wise, it was one of Ash's most memorable Pokemon. All his other Sinnoh Pokes, excluding Monferno, have the same boring personality. Oh wow, what personality does Grotle or Staraptor have? And Buizel is just a Grovyle clone.

But with a Gliscor that constanly loses, how can he possibly accomplish that?

And now his is about recive his first Dragon type. A powerful one at that too. Mabye unlike Gliscor, it won't totally suck.

I honestly don't care about Ash getting his first dragon type. Maybe if I was 10 years old I'd say, "Oh, a dragon type, how awesome!"

But at my age I couldn't care less about that. Now it makes Ash look ridiculous compared to the things he was criticizing Paul for, and makes Ash's win in the league look forced and artificial, since Gible will be a quick powerhouse.

zeno48

Zaker!
I wonder how Paul will react when he sees that Ash released Gliscor.

Good point but i think he wants to avoid that discussion unless he wants to admit that Paul was right about him all along about his training.
"Hey Paul, guess what? I gave away my gliscor to some old geezer i couldn't beat but he promised to make my pokemon stronger so the next time you see it he will totally own you."

Thriller

Its almost time
Gliscor had the personality similar to Corphish. And Buizel is nothing like Grovyle, Grovyle had the personality by default. Buizel just fakes having Grovyle's personality.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
this upsets me that gliscor left but the show must go on. Here are two things that I would have liked to see happened.

1) There was a scizor in the episode that could have belonged to someone else who previously got OWNED IIRC by ash. I really wish gary showed up he had something to do with gligar evolving right he made it evolve. Everything could have happened exactly the same it still could have beaten gliscor twice. We would be sure we would see it again to do to the fact we would see gary eventually again.

2) Gliscor could have stayed around and beaten the scizor the second time and just had an episode based around it learning to fly. With the help of all of ash's flying types minus butterfree probably. The last time I checked the only ones he still "owns" are swellow and noctowl. The other ones could have just shown up with the help of ash calling oak to go get pidgeot and he could have swapped or just sent grotle's and buziel pokeballs back a la pikachu when he battled gary. SO he would have had charizard, noctowl, swellow, pidgeot, staraptor and the rest of his shinoh pokes. It would be a bit unusual sure but they would have taught it how to fly somehow.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^thriller we all know you hate Buizel with a unholy passion so don't start ok?

Seriously though it's time to move on from this people, Gliscor's gone, wether it comes back or not who knows, but just accept that it's gone and be done with it, cause some of you are going to lose it over a children's anime which is sad to see.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I think most of them are past the point of losing it. Complaints are going to go all over this site for weeks. And with Gible's capture episode coming up, I don't think we have heard the worst of it yet.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I really dont get what the deal is though. xP

Back then, everyone would love the idea of Ash getting a Dragon. It was on par with Auraholics nowadays, except they were a bit less obsessed and didnt have their own...group.

And now, Ash is finally going to get the best dragon-type on his team and people are still complaining. Why? Because it's replacing Gliscor. Sure, Gliscor was pretty cool and it's a shame to see him go but it's not like he was left to rot at Oaks place. He was Charizard'ed meaning we'll see him again, probably for the Johto Battle Frontier. In the meantime, Ash gets to train a Gible which should come in handy against Paul when it evolves.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Hello? Did no one notice this? ASH CAN TRAIN HIS OWN FREAKING POKEMON!

Oh, and I'm not so mad that he just got rid of Gliscor. It was a good characture, but so was Sceptile, and he had a GREAT arc involving his last evolution, and I knew he wouldn't use it again after Hoenn. And I'm not mad at them for putting Gible in. Nintendo has all rights to make some money with a good pokemon.

The fact remains that they are putting a Gible in, and we cannot change it.

The REAL problem seems to be the fact that... well... Gible is just to good. Sorry, but if I'm correct (and I think I am), he's getting the Draco Meteor Gible. Does anyone see the problem? Let me spell it out...

D-R-A-C-O- -M-E-T-E-O-R- -S-H-O-L-D- -P-O-P- -U-P- - L-A-T-E-R!

(I'll expand later, gtg)

Yeah, expanding. But first, a point.

Hmm...I recall a certain Robert fella coming up to Snorunt at a crucial moment and providing some advice. Ash training? Yes. Only reason for success? Absolutely not.

Yes, but what about Volt Tackle? Ice beam was an example. I knew someone helped him, but still: they could have expanded on the whole "Ash can train his own pokemon" thing. Remember early season 1? Pikachu stunk! BUT, he got help and raised it into the godly powerhouse who can defeat Ground Types (although it is interesting that well after the Blaine episode, a Thunderbolt hit a Rhydon's horn and did nothing) Look, if Green in the Manga can get his name big as a raiser, Ash most certainly can.

But anyway, let's look at the flaws with Gible:

1: It comes with Draco Meteor. Now, let's look at Ash's team mates with more powerful attacks: Charizard and Torcoal's Overheat, which they both learned during the Battle Frontier: plenty of training there. Pikachu's Uber Godly Volt tackle: Yeah, lower base power, but it is so powerful when Pika uses it, that it gets on the list. Again, it took TIME for Pika to learn it. Snorlax (and possibly others) Hyper Beam: Yeah, he started with it, but HB early in training a Snorlax (known to be a powerhouse) isn't TO farfetch'd. And Ash couldn't use it well for a while. Gliscor's Giga Impact: HE JUST GOT IT! Gliscor's been weak for a while, so I think he deserved it. But Gible? Hoo, no. He just gets a powerful attack off the bat!

2: The appearances of Gible. You know what was great about the past few years? They didn't make it obvious what Ash would catch. Well, the Birds may have been, and possibly Turtwig, but other than that... Treeko being the only starter in Hoenn being the biggest surprise of the first of the three parts (I include Battle Frontier in the three). Corphish, Torcoal, and Snorunt were all random, and many (including myself) thought Aipom would be a Jigglypuff (as in it was never caught). Gligar was known the second you went into the episode, but not before. Ash getting Chimchar, while a possibilty, wasn't likely. Gible? I knew the second I saw the "Gible Draco Meteor" episode name that a main characture would capture one. I thought we were done with the things WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when they left Kotane (or whatever her name was): but apparently not.

I think I don't need to elaborate more.

Cobalt_Latios

Or in this case, "specific" members in general. Not everyone is as irritated as you are. I just see it as another episode in which something of major importance happened.

Although, the Ambipom one certainly got a lot of people mad. I wasn't "mad" per se, but I was disappointed.

We don't know if its returning for the league.
The writers aren't that stupid, despite what you seem to be implying.

Personality wise, it was one of Ash's most memorable Pokemon. All his other Sinnoh Pokes, excluding Monferno, have the same boring personality. Oh wow, what personality does Grotle or Staraptor have? And Buizel is just a Grovyle clone.
I personally preferred Chimchar/Monferno over Gliscor... but that's just me.

I can even say that I felt Gliscor's evolution was "set-up". But that's me just wanting to mess with some of you ;).

I honestly don't care about Ash getting his first dragon type. Maybe if I was 10 years old I'd say, "Oh, a dragon type, how awesome!"
Considering the show we're talking about, I believe that's supposed to be the point.

But at my age I couldn't care less about that. Now it makes Ash look ridiculous compared to the things he was criticizing Paul for, and makes Ash's win in the league look forced and artificial, since Gible will be a quick powerhouse.
I've never had high expectations. Not that I want to, I just know how far to push them, and never bother beyond that. It's how I can enjoy this show relatively unhindered. I don't know why some of you guys want this show to have such "high" expectations, but by all means, go for it.

Also, how do we know that Gible is going to be a powerhouse? Just because it's a dragon armed with Draco Meteor? We don't even have conclusive footage of the guy in action to make these claims. For all we know, this guy could have issues. It's too quick to judge anything.

Seriously though it's time to move on from this people, Gliscor's gone, wether it comes back or not who knows, but just accept that it's gone and be done with it, cause some of you are going to lose it over a children's anime which is sad to see.
Thank you. We don't know what's going to happen. It's quite literally "up in the air" at this point.

I'll catch the dub once it's aired. For now, let's move it on.

Also, can we please discuss about the episode itself? I mean, isn't that what this discussion thread is for? There's probably 4 pages of just saying, "No more Gliscor!, NOOO!!!". That's pretty much all I know, besides a few other details. What was the plot of the episode? What kind of person was the cotd? C'mon people!

<C_L>

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
Im happy, Gliscor went and no Staraptor, that is all.

TicoPokemonMaster

Gible didn't come out of the blue as some have said. When it first debut Ash wanted it, so what they did was pull the same stunt they did with Misty and Ash himself. Misty saw Corsola in the Whirl Island and a few episodes later caught one. Ash saw a Corphish a few times and ended up catching one. Now he saw a Gible and he will end up catching it as well.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I just want to make it quite clear: I was never in favour of Gible, or any of its evolutions, being on Ash's team. The Gliscor thing is just an extra level of annoyance.

Also, can everyone stop saying that he's going to get a Garchomp? Because he may well not get one at all- Gabite perhaps (if there's a BS evolution I'll be even less impressed). And somebody said earlier that Garchomp will cement Ash as a true threat and a potential champion... it's the Lucario thing all over again, except this time it might actually happen.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
There is just no pleasing this fan-dumb is there.

First off. Would everyone please stop complaining about this. Yes Gliscor is gone. Yes it was the writers choice. Yes it will return for the League. Yes Gible is replacing. Stop restating what we already know for the love of Arceus. It not bad writing. Its just you complaining about something you don't like.

Second. Stop treating Gliscor like it was Ash's best Pokemon ever caught. It lost almost every battle it was in. The only time it won was against Byron. It didn't get multiple wins like Staravia or Chimchar. It didn't even beat some random trainers Pokemon. All it ever did was lose and cry. If anything, training with the Air Master was the only viable option. Against Paul's Pokemon it doesn't stand a chance. It needs some one who will help it get stronger and stop acting like a baby.

I mean jeez. Even in its departure episode it lost. Is it really that great?

And third. Stop it with the Gible bashing. For once Ash is about to get a very powerful Pokemon and his first Dragon type. But most of you are so far up your own butts about Gliscor, that you can't see that Ash is slowly on his way to becoming a real threat as a trainer. With a soon to be Garchomp, along with Charizard, Sceptile, and all his other powerhouses, Ash could be considered worthy of a Championship title. But with a Gliscor that constanly loses, how can he possibly accomplish that?

All this did was establish that Gliscor needed training that Ash couldn't provide for it. It will come back in the League, as does Charizard for Ash's important battles.

And Paul still isn't right. The whole thing is that Paul deems Pokemon weak if they aren't strong from the beginning and he releases them. Ash is just giving it time with somone else to bring out its Flying potential. He isn't blatanly releasing it like Paul does.

First off, thanks for lumping everyone in this thread into the same group... really appreciate it (/sarcasm)

Secondly, a pokemon doesn't have to be a winner in order for people to like it. I liked him BECAUSE he was a crybaby, I pretty much missed out on all of Hoenn so I never saw the overly emotional corphish and thought the fact that he wasn't like the other pokemon to be charming. I watched the evolution episode recently and I can't help but feel things COULD have worked out albeit slowly.

like I said before, if Gible get's a quirk or two I wouldn't mind him. So excuse me if I'm not foaming at the mouth with excitement if Ash is just going to get another powerhouse pokemon simply because it's powerful.

anyways, the basic premise of the episode has been posted before, aside from Gliscor being given away I really don't see anything ripe for discussion. So he lost twice to a scizor (really nothing new because as you said he loses all the time) and he finally does learn giga impact however it's really wasted because by the time that happens he's off to go train anyways. Maybe one of his other pokemon will learn giga impact so we can see it again? (oh wait that's speculation and not discussion) maybe talk about how awesome the airmaster and his scizor were? I have no idea.