• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masters Eight Dream Team Thread?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Let's say you're in charge of the anime and are allowed to put your favorite characters as members of the PWC Masters Eight. Who would be your picks and what would their teams be? (Team of 6s)

Note: Unlike the speculation thread, this is a more For Fun brainstorming. No poll here, just conceptualization of ideas.

For example here's my rundown:
  1. Paul: Torterra, Electivire, Mega Salamence (J's Salamence which he took in after he found its abandoned Pokeball at the lake where she died and then tamed and bonded with it), Drapion, Ursaring, Galarian Zapdos.
  2. Cynthia: M-Garchomp, Glaceon, Milotic, Spiritomb, Roserade, Togekiss
  3. Brandon: Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Regieleki, Regidrago, Regigigas/Dusknoir
  4. Anabel: Mega Alakazam, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mismagius, Porygon Z.
  5. Leon: Gigantamax-Charizard, Dragapult, Aegislash, Mr. Rime, Rillaboom, Haxorus.
  6. Steven Stone: Mega Metagross, Aggron, Skarmory, Cradily, Armaldo, Claydol.
  7. Raihan: G-Max Duraludon, Flygon, Goodra, Torkoal, Turtonator, Sandaconda.
  8. Drake (Orange Isles): Dragonite, Steelix, G-Max Gengar, Mega Venusaur, Electivire, Ditto.

Last edited:

Tin-Tin-Alt

1. Leon: Giga-Charizard. Dragapult. Spectrier. Rhyperior. Mr. Rime. Seismitoad.

2. Lance: Shiny Gyarados. Dragonite. Areodactyl. Alolan Exeggutor. Salamence. Drampa.

3. Cynthia: Mega-Garchomp. Glaceon. Roserade. Togekiss. Hisuian Arcanine. Spiritomb.

4. Steven: Mega-Metagross. Cradily. Armaldo. Excadrill. Aggron. Claydol.

5. Diantha: Mega-Diancie. Gardevoir. Aurorus. Gourgeist. Wyrdeer. Tyrantrum.

6. N: Reshiram. Zoroark. Ninetales. Politoed. Hippowdon. Abomasnow.

7. Raihan: Giga-Duraludon. Flygon. Gigalith. Sandaconda. Turtonator. Dracozolt.

8. Ash: Pikachu. Charizard. Sceptile. Greninja. Lycanroc. Lucario.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Leon: Charizard,
Cynthia: Garchomp,
Lance: Dragonite, Shiny Gyarados,
Raihan:
Tobias: Darkrai, Latios, Latias, Raikou, Moltres, Cresselia
Paul: Torterra, Ursaring, Electivire, Magmortar, Weavile, Honchkrow
Mallow:
Ash: Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Snorlax, Infernape

Will add the rest of the Pokemon teams later as I'm mostly unfamiliar or forgetful of their teams are in the anime as well as in the games.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
No particular order. Just the 8 I feel would be most fitting for Ash (who won’t be here as it’s implied he’ll fight through these 8):

1) Lance: Aerodactyl, Kingdra, Flygon, Dragalge, Drampa, & Dragonite

2) Brandon: Regice, Regieleki, Regirock, Regidrago, and Regigigas

3) Cynthia: Roserade, Spiritomb, Togekiss, Glaceon, Eelektross, and Garchomp

4) Iris (replace her initial JN appearance with Benga but show/hint at her battling through the Unova League : Kommo-o, Excadrill, Hydreigon, Aggron, Archeops, & Haxorus.

5) Diantha: Aurorus, Gourgeist, Furfrou, Indeedee, Pangoro, & Mega Gardevoir

6) Leon: Aegislash, Rhyperior, Mr Rime, Dragapult, Seismitoad, & GMax Charizard

7) Palmer: Magnezone, Milotic, Conkeldurr, Salemence, Rhyperior, & Cresselia

8)Steven: Cradily, Skarmory, Claydol, Armaldo, Relicanth, Mega Metagross

Tried to go for one of every region but Johto doesn’t really have anyone besides Lance & I’d imagine Ash would be Alola’s “representative”. Kukui would be here otherwise with his team against Ash + whatever his 6th was. I’d like to see Ash use his regional teams for each respective Trainer (Alola and Johto could have Brandon and Palmer). Also made quite a few liberties with Pokémon but it’s just a hypothetical so no harm done.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul
Torterra (Z-Move)
Aggron (Mega)
Electivire
Drapion
Ursaring
Magmortar
  1. Paul: Mega Salamence (J's Salamence which he took in after he found its abandoned Pokeball at the lake where she died and then tamed and bonded with it)
Considering the fact that her Salamence overpowered both Ash's Pikachu and Gary's Blastoise at the same time,under the guidance of Paul it would easily be his strongest pokemon.

deliaketchum

Sophocles: togedamru vikavolt
Lana: primatina
Lillie: Snowy
Mallow: Tsareena
Kiawe: Charizard turnator
Jamesio: marenie

It seems that someone read my mind, I also think that Salamence is perfect with Paul

Dianta : XY Team
Cinthya : M-Garchomp, Gastrodon, Roserade, Glaceon, Spiritomb, Kommo-0
Leon : SwSh Team (Cinderace)
Rahian : SwSh Team
Steven : Emerald Team (and Mega Metagross)
Lance : M-Gyarados, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Kingdra, Altaria, Hydreigon
Ash: Lucario, Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Dragonite,Sceptile
Paul: M-Salamence, Electivire, Drapion, Dusknoir, Torterra, Ursaring

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I want Ash to take Raihan's place in the Masters 8. Two of the four remaining slots can go to Steven as the Hoenn rep and Diantha as the Kalos rep.

For one of the final two slots, I want Iris to come back at full power as the Unova rep. She doesn't even need to fight Ash again, I just want her at full strength against another Champion.

And finally (and obviously), Paul, Ash's greatest rival and equal. I definitely want to see how much stronger he's grown since the Sinnoh League, especially since gen 6 started powercreep in the franchise, and after how much stronger Ash got in Kalos, Alola, and now in Journeys.

My ideal final lineup:
  1. Leon (Galar rep)
  2. Lance (Kanto/Johto rep)
  3. Cynthia (Sinnoh rep)
  4. Ash (Alola/Kanto rep)
  5. Steven (Hoenn rep)
  6. Diantha (Kalos rep)
  7. Iris (Unova rep)
  8. Paul
I would want Ash vs Cynthia to be the semifinal match, because Leon has to be in the finals. There's several remaining options for Ash's first round opponent.

Ash vs Lance: Would properly establish Ash as Kanto's strongest trainer. Could also reference Kukui vs Lance if the writers want to borrow from the game lore.

Ash vs Steven: They have no meaningful connection. Almost certainly not happening.

Ash vs Diantha: Only if Greninja comes back, I could see a redemption match happening. Otherwise, there's not much reason for this fight.

Ash vs Iris: Ash already beat her once. But if the writers (by some miracle) wanted to show Ash winning a battle with more than a single Pokemon remaining, Iris would get to be the jobber opponent.

Ash vs Paul: This would be purely for Paul's benefit, showing us how much he's grown both in strength and character since the Sinnoh League. Although I'd rather have him face off against (and narrowly lose to) Cynthia in the first round.

My picks:
R1: Ash vs Lance, with Charizard as the "ace"
R2: Ash vs Cynthia, with Infernape as the "ace"
R3: Ash vs Leon, with M-L and 10MVchu sharing the role of "ace"

Oh and I'd want every trainer in this tournament to know about Megas, Z-moves, and Dynamax, and use at least two of them in their battles. In the words of Sam, "Everyone's got a gimmick now."

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gyarados?
I’dprefer him to use other Pokémon since Gyarados is one of the most overused Pokémon in the anime. Plus I don’t like how they sidelined Dragonite for Gyarados just because Ash has one