• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda considers adding action to the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Wow... I really hope this was a tiny suggestions, then dissmissed really quickly. Seriously, action!? To me, that totally ruins the strategical purpose of Pokemon. Pokemon's supposed to be a simple RPG with a lot of strategy. It might just be me, but I personally think including action will ruin the games.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I think action might be cool in a pokemon game. Not the main rpg games because those are perfect as is but maybe in a spin off game of some sort.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I agree that the games are perfect, but adding something tiny wouldn't harm the franchise.

Yeah but action isn't something tiny. I think it would change the dynamics of the games too much.

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I say it will be a spin off not in hgss

Toxic Pyro

Hard-Core Battler
Wow... I really hope this was a tiny suggestions, then dissmissed really quickly. Seriously, action!? To me, that totally ruins the strategical purpose of Pokemon. Pokemon's supposed to be a simple RPG with a lot of strategy. It might just be me, but I personally think including action will ruin the games.

RPG+Strategy+Action=Best game ever, how on earth could you say such a thing!? Or are you just one of those People that have never played Final Fanasy? My advise, go out and by the lastest final fantasy game, and play it, i hope this will change your mind about this.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I say it will be a spin off not in hgss
Masuda does not have any connection with spin off game makers or Wii game makers. 3rd time in this damn thread I am stating it. Either hgss or future gen. HGSS more likely seeing how future products are most likely these two game.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Not really, becos if pokeathlon was the action, that aint changed the game at all.

Yeah but that's just a small mini game I'm talking about incorporating it into battles with trainers and wild pokemon wouldn't be good.

BCVM22

RPG+Strategy+Action=Best game ever, how on earth could you say such a thing!? Or are you just one of those People that have never played Final Fanasy? My advise, go out and by the lastest final fantasy game, and play it, i hope this will change your mind about this.

Pokémon is not Final Fantasy nor does it need to be changed to become more like Final Fantasy nor would it benefit from such changes after this long. You can give people "advise" [sic] to go out and play FF games until you're blue in the face; it does not change the reality, that the core Pokémon titles are not in need of any sort of injection of action into the primary gameplay.

For pity's sake, people, some common sense. Please.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
i wouldnt mind if they added real time battling to pokemon. something ala pokemon scramble meets legend of zelda game mecanics. but only add onto it like with double battling. but honestly, that isnt going to happen, atleast not on a core game. it would be VERY fun, and i would wish with all my heart for it to get added onto a core game. but it wont happen.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
IF they do agree about scramble or not is not why it should be closed. It should be closed cause people cannot understand Masuda was talking directly about the handheld games.

Pokémon is not Final Fantasy nor does it need to be changed to become more like Final Fantasy nor would it benefit from such changes after this long. You can give people "advise" [sic] to go out and play FF games until you're blue in the face; it does not change the reality, that the core Pokémon titles are not in need of any sort of injection of action into the primary gameplay.

For pity's sake, people, some common sense. Please.

Final Fantasy's gameplay would not be suited to Pokemon, I mean come on people, ATM whilst in a Pokemon Battle, it would be nice, but no this is
P-O-K-é-M-O-N​
So stop it with the rubbish OK people.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Not really, becos if pokeathlon was the action, that aint changed the game at all.

This isn't about changing the game. We're considering the "addition" of action as a new element to the Pokémon games.

An "action game" refers to a video game genre that emphasizes physical challenges, including hand-eye coordination and reaction-time.

The action genre includes any game where the majority of challenges are physical tests of skill. Action games can sometimes incorporate other challenges such as races, puzzles, or collecting objects, but they are not central to the genre. Players may also encounter tactical challenges. The player is often under time pressure, and there is not enough time for complex strategic planning.

Thus, I direct all your attention to Pokéthlon.

This isn't about changing the game. We're considering the "addition" of action as a new element to the Pokémon games.

An "action game" refers to a video game genre that emphasizes physical challenges, including hand-eye coordination and reaction-time.

The action genre includes any game where the majority of challenges are physical tests of skill. Action games can sometimes incorporate other challenges such as races, puzzles, or collecting objects, but they are not central to the genre. Players may also encounter tactical challenges. The player is often under time pressure, and there is not enough time for complex strategic planning.

Thus, I direct all your attention to Pokéthlon.

I guess your right in alot of ways... :(
Although it would have been nice if he was reffering to the storyline tho...

Omastar

Water Type Trainer
NO, NO, and NO keep the ranger and Explorer features out of these! THeY WOnT DO IT THOUGh.

Status
Not open for further replies.