• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda considers adding action to the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehcip

erm..guys i think he was just talking about melee! pokemon scramble there
dont get all worked up xD

Jster786

Ace Trainer
Jster786

Maybe they were implying that the plot-line was going to have some action in it...Although I think they said that with Diamond and Pearl...

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
What does he mean by action anyway? Like,the Brawl Wiiware Pokemon game?

Or maybe,he means a game like Final Fantasy,an rpg where you can see your team,a real-time rpg.

:/ He must have meant a spinoff though,maybe a Wii one.

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
What does he mean by action anyway? Like,the Brawl Wiiware Pokemon game?

Or maybe,he means a game like Final Fantasy,an rpg where you can see your team,a real-time rpg.

:/ He must have meant a spinoff though,maybe a Wii one.

A new element to game, changes that might make it TOTALLY different from rest of the series or very minor changes.

Who knows hopefully they leave the roleplaying and what not and just put it in the wii, I would love to see another Pokemon Wii Game.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
This idea doesn't appeal to me one bit.

I'm OK with it, its just that i don't want them tinkering around with the main series (the RPGs)

the new WiiWare one sounds good.

kamui85

Beginning Trainer
Yay!
One of my two whishes has come true! Gold and Silver remakes! Now the only one left is the one about the game play of the core games becoming less boring. When years ago I posted about the Gold and Silver remakes everyone said it wouldn’t happen because all generation two Pokemon could be caught in coliseum and Fire Red and Leaf Green, And now its official!
As for my other wish, in this month’s Game Informer Junichi Masuda and Takeshi Kawachimaru have stated that in their discussions for future plans on the franchise, ideas about changing the game play of the core games to a more action oriented style have sprang up (Game Informer #194, connect interview, interview a Junichi Masuda y Takeshi Kawachimaru. (Game director and game designer, Game Freak, Inc.) Page 30.)
And besides that I don’t know if any of you have seen the video for an upcoming Pokemon game called Pokemon Scramble I believe creators have already started experimenting with this idea to later implement it in the core games. Anyway I’m not saying this WILL inevitable happen, I’m just trying to say that we shouldn’t rule out any fan desire because as you have seen I think creators do listen to them as they create games FOR THE PUBLIC not FOR THEMSELVS.

BCVM22

Now the only one left is the one about the game play of the core games becoming less boring.

If you're expecting major change, you're in very much the wrong franchise.

ideas about changing the game play of the core games to a more action oriented style have sprang up (Game Informer #194, connect interview, interview a Junichi Masuda y Takeshi Kawachimaru. (Game director and game designer, Game Freak, Inc.) Page 30.)

Dude, awesome, we should totally start a thread based on one sentence in an interview that could mean something completely contrary to what it sounds like or have been mistranslated or something.

Oh wait we have that and we're posting in it already. Awesome.

And besides that I don’t know if any of you have seen the video for an upcoming Pokemon game called Pokemon Scramble

Nope, no one's seen it.

I believe creators have already started experimenting with this idea to later implement it in the core games.

Except for the part where Scramble is the product of a small developer (Ambrella) whose contributions to the franchise to date are Hey You Pikachu!, Ranch, and Scramble. If that doesn't scream "the creators" and "the core games" then I don't know what does.

I’m just trying to say that we shouldn’t rule out any fan desire because as you have seen I think creators do listen to them.

Except for the fact that the fans who matter in the only metric that matters (sales) have no issues with the tried-and-true turn-based battle system and when those fans age a few years and grow into the misconception that they still matter, there will be new kids that have aged into the demographic and they'll have no problem with it either.

bigdog

I'm not sure it's really more skill, rather it requires a diffrent skill... pick a move or item carefully, or try to punch out more moves than the other guy...

Personally, what I like about Pokemon is the way it plays... I play action games too, but they have a totally diffrent feel.

I think Nintendo should add 3d battle animations for the Pokemon, even if they are cel shaded, so the Pokemon battles can have the look and feel of the console games like the Stadium series. If they get past having those inky dinky overworlds and use ones like in Pokemon Ranger,also cel shaded that would also be great. Leave in mind that the fifth gen is going to be on the DS2 ,which will have even better graphics, and that the memory space on the cards is getting higher.

BCVM22

I think Nintendo should add 3d battle animations for the Pokemon, even if they are cel shaded, so the Pokemon battles can have the look and feel of the console games like the Stadium series.

Not on a handheld they sure aren't. Common sense; know it, use it, love it.

If they get past having those inky dinky overworlds and use ones like in Pokemon Ranger,also cel shaded that would also be great.

Oh, would that be great? Isn't that lovely. Would you like it gift-wrapped and left on your doorstep as well? Would that be great as well?

Leave in mind that the fifth gen is going to be on the DS2 ,which will have even better graphics, and that the memory space on the cards is getting higher.

Disregarding the fact that it will be on Nintendo's next handheld, be that the "DS2" (pure conjecture) or something else, yes, the graphics will get an upgrade accordingly. At the same time, it is purely unrealistic and simply nonsensical to expect them to drop sprites in exchange for 3D models of any sort and it really shouldn't need to be explained why.

Luxray101

i agree that this was probably just a hint or something towards scramble. putting action into the core series would destroy the turn-based origins of the game.

i agree that this was probably just a hint or something towards scramble. putting action into the core series would destroy the turn-based origins of the game.

I agree, although if they had an AT battle system like in Final Fantasy that would be cool though, although, that would make it alot more like the anime.

natopotato22

Cellar Door
Maybe when you go underground you will have to do something with the touch screen if a poke attacks you because it wouldn't be safe to allow your poke to come out of the poke ball down there.

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
Why is he planning on adding action to the franchise?
Yes it would be cool, but if he added 'too' much action, then the age ratings could go up.

...No, they wouldn't. Action doesn't mean the Pokemon'll tear each other's heads off.

Sephiroth_Strife

How 'bout a High Def Pokemon MMORPG?

You're all saying no now. But I bet every one of you would buy it.

As for the action, no. Not in a DS game, the graphics aren't good enough and there isn't enough memory to do it well. But, maybe a PC game...*actually considers despite self*

An HD Pokemon game wouldn't work because the Wii and DS can't do HD. And you'd need so many friend codes just to play it, it would't be worth punching every number in.

On topic now: I agree with those who say that control-revamping will not be in HGSS. It would upset far too many people and just be bizarre. A spin-off seems much more likely.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't really see anything action-based that could be added in, unless it's something in the overworld or something.

An HD Pokemon game wouldn't work because the Wii and DS can't do HD. And you'd need so many friend codes just to play it, it would't be worth punching every number in.

That doesn't make sense. Why would you need a friend code just to play a game?

Last edited:

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
QUOTE]

I honestly don't play MMORPG's, but I'm pretty sure you don't punch in friend codes to play with them online.

Also, the poster was implying that it'd be a PC game, not a DS/Wii game.

Status
Not open for further replies.