• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Does the shiny pokemon appear shiny at the moment in which it hatches.
If I'm not being clear it's the screen where the egg is hatching.
If I know this I would get a load off my mind.
Thanks in advance.

Lifeline

little ms. derpy
^ Yes the pokemon comes out hiny, but there arent any stars around it like when you find a shiny pokemon in the wild.

On topic, I hatched a shiny charmander in like 300 eggs using this method on pearl, so it works, but Its all luck. Now I'm going to do squirtle. :)

drake13

Ryukishi
I started breeding an English Ditto and a Japanese Rotom today. I'll post again when I hatch a shiny. :)

EDIT: Hatched 3 boxfuls so far.

well talk about my seviper...16 BOXFULLS SO FAR!!

shinylover24

This sounds so awesome! I think I've been setting my sights high trying to get a foreign ditto (but I don't have anything anyone wants...) so I might just try and get any foreign pokemon and breed it with one in my game :) I think it'd be awesome to get a shiny skorupi. I kinda wanna raise a drapion 'cause they piss me off so much when I fight against them so I figure I should master them myself so I don't get so annoyed (plus then maybe I won't always forget what typing they are lol)

I'ma report back once I've acquired a foreign pokemon and started the hatching!

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
So here I was thinking I was oh-so-cool since I was RNGing and getting shinies so much more easily. And then I realized you can combine the methods. JPN Ditto with nearly flawless IVs has made my shiny breeding so much easier! Thank you Masuda method!

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
If you fill 16 boxes with breeding Seviper, release the ones with bad natures.

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
Today I used this method and I got a shiny Charmander.Second try!!Lucky me!

wichu

So here I was thinking I was oh-so-cool since I was RNGing and getting shinies so much more easily. And then I realized you can combine the methods. JPN Ditto with nearly flawless IVs has made my shiny breeding so much easier! Thank you Masuda method!

Yeah, even if you do use the RNG method, using international parents still pays off. Just wondering, what are the Ditto's IVs? The best option is to RNG for that, too. I have a flawless one from a trade, so I'll be using that once I start breeding again (currently SRing legendaries).

Mongerty

Halo Fanatic
Do you guys breed on the long strip of bicycle path in front of the day care, or is there some super secret place that is better for riding back and forth.

(I tried to poke radar a scyther, but cannot pull it off to save my life. Looks like I am back to breeding, lol.)

Also, my Charmander from this method is now a Charizard. It is rewarding to raise a shiny from level 1!!

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
I have a JPN Ditto with 31s in every stat, also from a trade. I don't RNG for IVs though, just ability and nature (shiny if I want) and then SR for decent IVs. I don't care about getting flawless IVs in every stat, just good IVs in the stats that really need it.

drake13

Ryukishi
Do you guys breed on the long strip of bicycle path in front of the day care, or is there some super secret place that is better for riding back and forth.

(I tried to poke radar a scyther, but cannot pull it off to save my life. Looks like I am back to breeding, lol.)

Also, my Charmander from this method is now a Charizard. It is rewarding to raise a shiny from level 1!!

from solaceon town....just back on forth....it's the most common path to hatch...since it's the closest place from the daycare...

projectaumaan

I have a JPN Ditto with 31s in every stat, also from a trade. I don't RNG for IVs though, just ability and nature (shiny if I want) and then SR for decent IVs. I don't care about getting flawless IVs in every stat, just good IVs in the stats that really need it.

Nice. If you ever think about trading/cloning that Ditto, shoot me a PM please.

from solaceon town....just back on forth....it's the most common path to hatch...since it's the closest place from the daycare...

It also happens to be the longest stretch of straight land in the game. I don't think there's been a longer path in any other game.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
i tried this method at getting a shiny piplup, but i stopped after 2 boxes. i know i'll have to breed more to get a shiny, but i'm taking a break for now... ;)

jaxonferz

well after i get my eevee i will go find some random foreign pokemon on the gts and try it out

Eievui

pumpkin.
can someone trade me a foriegn anything (male, obviously) to english? my gts wont work =\ message me,

TeddiUrsa

I was rather lucky with chaining back when I got my Pearl version ( shiny Budew and Elekid both in a chain of 14, 2 shiny cubone in a chain of 40 on my first try etc.) and stopped hunting shinies a year ago.

Then I heard about the Masuda method and tried it out right off the bat.
I use a Japanese Ditto ( from GTS for an Articuno...) and a German Gengar.

I hatched 800 eggs today and still no shiny in sight...maybe the method doesn´t work in the German version because some programmer ****ed upthe coding when removing the game corner from vilestone? I guess not, but I am rather unlucky now I guess.
after 700 eggs without any shiny I wanted to stop, but when I stop now all the work put into breeding would have been for nothing...meh...any others here who reached 800 eggs without any shinies? ^^"

btw, if someone is interested in a German Ditto, PM me ;)

edit: I´m now at 850 hatched eggs..still no shiny. :/

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Well, for a 1/2048 chance, TeddiUrsa, getting a shiny in under a 1000 eggs is still lucky. Everyone else that is getting shinies in the low hundreds count is either seriously miscounting the amount of eggs he/she is hatching or he/she is just extremely lucky.

I'm currently using this method to get a shiny Riolu. Shiny Lucario is amazingly pretty.

TeddiUrsa

Well, for a 1/2048 chance, TeddiUrsa, getting a shiny in under a 1000 eggs is still lucky. Everyone else that is getting shinies in the low hundreds count is either seriously miscounting the amount of eggs he/she is hatching or he/she is just extremely lucky.

I'm currently using this method to get a shiny Riolu. Shiny Lucario is amazingly pretty.

I thought so as well. on youtube many people say they got their shinies at ~180 which is probably a lie or based on miscounting.

Btw, good luck for your Riolu :)

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I'm actually using this method as I type this, in attempt to get a shiny Eevee. No luck yet, but I'll keep trying. I'm using my Japanese Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.