• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple Star

~ Yeah, I don't know
I've heard of this a while back, and I've tried it and got a shiny on 847 eggs. I had a female Dragonair and Japanese Ditto..it worked i was happy and now my Dratini is a Dragonair. So I suppose it works.

echo-lima

some dude
just a question might being asked but i had this elekid that was Japanese evolved so i could breed it but its now english so does it still count as a japanese pokemon or not its ot's japanes but still i can do the masuda's method with it?

Rys

Postcount melting!
Heh, looks like this method does wonders!! =D

Just after my previous post I set up my video camera and began recording my egg hatching

On the 12th egg, the Shuckle came out shiny

I used a Japanese Ditto and an English/American Shuckle

Video evidence will be available soon, I am now editing it.
The odds are still too great for that to be nothing more than sheer luck.

Blastoise07

Pokemon Junkie
180+ Charmander eggs still no luck but im hoping it wont be too much longer.
Edit: Put Manectric in Daycare and 7 eggs later i had a shiny Electrike, The method works with a little luck :)

Last edited:

wichu

just a question might being asked but i had this elekid that was Japanese evolved so i could breed it but its now english so does it still count as a japanese pokemon or not its ot's japanes but still i can do the masuda's method with it?

Yes, it still counts. The nationality of a Pokémon never changes, even though its nickname might.

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
Hey guys!I have an American Pearl version and a European Platinum version.I decided to put this method to the test so I traded my Ditto from my Pearl over to my Platinum version.Will this method work?

Rys

Postcount melting!
Hey guys!I have an American Pearl version and a European Platinum version.I decided to put this method to the test so I traded my Ditto from my Pearl over to my Platinum version.Will this method work?
Nope, I believe they all fall under the English category.

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
What if I trade an Eevee from my Japanese Pokemon Platinum over to my European Pokemon Platinum?

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
EspeonMaster if the Eevee is from the Japanese Platinum it should work because it will then fall under the Japanese Catergory =)

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
I love this method, since the last time I posted I've gotten another Gastly, a Nidoran-M, and 2 Eevees (all shinies of course)! And all of those together have taken me less time than trying to hatch my shiny Squirtle using the normal method!

I've gotten four shinies. One was Pokeradar but it was a chain of 2... Just luck in 70+ hours.
Right now I'm breeding Mareeps, with an American Skuntank. I've just started and the motony is killing me. I don't have MPR so what am I going to do?

2Bizzle

I have a foreign Stunky [male]. And I breed it with a Houndour

3 egg hatches.. but always Houndour that come out of egg.
So.. can I got a shiny Stunky hatch from the egg?

oh, another thing, can someone give me reccomendation where to hatch the egg faster?
Im bored travelling around in Jublife City.

try a ditto?

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
I am using this method now and I ve hatched over 50 Eevees and still no shiny!I ll keep trying though!

I PiiKACHU I

The Real Piikachu
I got a shiny Zangoose in 33 eggs with my Jap Ditto

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Wow. Only 33 eggs? That doesn't take any appreciable effort to accomplish, that's like an hour and a half of hatching eggs. :( I know people that have hatched 1500 eggs and they still got nothing...I'm only at about 414 myself, but still, with all these people getting their shinies in at like 139, it makes me jealous.

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
Wow. Only 33 eggs? That doesn't take any appreciable effort to accomplish, that's like an hour and a half of hatching eggs. :( I know people that have hatched 1500 eggs and they still got nothing...I'm only at about 414 myself, but still, with all these people getting their shinies in at like 139, it makes me jealous.

Don't get too discouraged. It took me over 1,000 for my Squirtle and the others have all been around 200-500. Although I am jealous of those who do manage to get them so quick...

darkrai4

Dark Trainer
just a question, i dont know if it has been posted before but, will it work with foreign pokemon traded by the GTS?
ive got a japanese driflimb and an american ditto (i got the driflimb from GTS) will it still work?

projectaumaan

just a question, i dont know if it has been posted before but, will it work with foreign pokemon traded by the GTS?
ive got a japanese driflimb and an american ditto (i got the driflimb from GTS) will it still work?

Yes. The same question (I think) was asked not too long ago. Anyway, it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.