• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ok guys, here is the video I promised.

I began recording all the egg hatching up until the 12th egg and a shiny Shuckle hatched out.

Enjoy, and good luck!

Masuda Method Video - Shiny Shuckle

(Please rate and comment if possible)

What game did you try this on?

Well, I'm testing it out on Diamond to see if it will work, using my Japanese Ditto and my Roserade. So far I've hatched 85 eggs, none shiny, but 5 of them got Timid/Modest natures, so I'll probably keep a couple and trade off the rest.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
My only concern about this is, I thgouht using the everstone to help control natures had to be between pokes of the same language....
This breeding enhancement is probably the reason why the Everstone doesn't work with foreign parents.

Seriously guys, this is not new. Smogon has been talking about this in the RNG research. You guys act if if you discovered a new element...
The Smogon thread was made in the middle of March. It always takes about this long for things to propagate to Serebii.

And I first heard of the infamous blog post from DDD'SSCEPTILE at PC late last year after he discredited his Egg Chaining business, but never thoroughly tested it until recently when I hatched a shiny Skoupi with the method.

Aman13

Trying this now with some Feebas and a Japanese peliper. Shame nature is tough to control when using two diferent language games. At least I think...

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Just to note, if having the right Nature is a MUST, then you're better off not using this method.

Hatching a shiny with the correct Nature using Everstone and parents from the same language: 1/16384
Hatching a shiny with the correct Nature using Masuda's Method: 1/51209

So it's about 3 times easier just using the Everstone and local parents. IMO, it's not worth it for a better Nature. :p

*huggles Rash shiny Skorupi*
*gets stung* Yeeowwch!

Aman13

Ah well, it's not like i'm gonna use it competetivly or anything. I just like shiney milotic.

DryBones

Event Collector
What game did you try this on?

Well, I'm testing it out on Diamond to see if it will work, using my Japanese Ditto and my Roserade. So far I've hatched 85 eggs, none shiny, but 5 of them got Timid/Modest natures, so I'll probably keep a couple and trade off the rest.

I used Pokémon Pearl however this method works on both Diamond and Platinum as well.

Good luck all of you =)

wichu

Hatching a shiny with the correct Nature using Everstone and parents from the same language: 1/16384
Hatching a shiny with the correct Nature using Masuda's Method: 1/51209

Hatching a shiny with the correct Nature using the RNG method: 1/1
It takes a while to set up, though.

Just thought I'd point it out again :p

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Hatching a shiny with the correct Nature using the RNG method: 1/1
It takes a while to set up, though.

Just thought I'd point it out again :p
Hatching a shiny with an AR: 1/1

Just thought I'd point THAT out.

wichu

Hatching a shiny with an AR: 1/1

Just thought I'd point THAT out.

If you're implying that I used an AR, you don't need any cheats of any sort to use the RNG method... The only moderately-difficult thing is finding your secret ID, and even that can be done without cheating if you already have a legit wild-caught (not chained) shiny.

EDIT: Yeah, I know it doesn't feel as great when you know that a shiny's coming; however, I have had a couple of random wild shinies, and I even witnessed my brother hatch a shiny Pineco on Sapphire :p

Last edited:

Toastybob

Is this real life?
If you save before each egg, you can just reset for a better nature if the egg happens to be shiny, because I think that Shininess is determined when the egg is created, and the stats are calculated when you pick the egg up.

Arande

the problem I've ran into is that the only game I've ran into a random wild shiny is my eng plat. It was an aipom, and I'm worried if it having been generated from a tree affects using it to find my SID.

Quiet #190 Aipom: 24 / 29 / 6 / 5 / 19 / 15
trainer ID 30815
SID 53568

Thoguh I think I'm wrong somewhere :X And to keep it on track, I've found combining methods seems to be quicker, if I can get the RNG to work...

spanky17

Mamoswine Flu
Does the ditto have to be japanese and shiny?

Can it work with a non shiny american ditto and a non shiny japanese bagon?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Does the ditto have to be japanese and shiny?

Can it work with a non shiny american ditto and a non shiny japanese bagon?

No one said that either parent has to be shiny. One parent has to be a different nationality than your own. The other has to be a different nationality than the first parent.

All this does is increase your chance of hatching a shiny :|

Speaking for myself, 200 Roselia eggs and still nothing. Hopefully it'll shine soon~

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
i'll try that later on...I am going to breed my charmander with a totodile I obtained in a trade...

spanky17

Mamoswine Flu
Yeah I have about 48 bagons now....im breeding an american ditto with a japanese bagon.....im not using an everstone cuz I really don't know the deal with that.....would it be best if I used a female american bagon rather than ditto? Or is it the same?

Btw thanx for the earlier response
=]

andyhaj

OK...If I understand this right...I have a Japanese Milotic and an English Ditto, then the chance of getting a shiny Feebas is now 1/4 of what it would be if Milotic was English.
Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.