• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nini

AspiringShinyHunter~
Hatched my first Masuda shiny a few days ago! Shiny Adamant Sableye. She hatched after about 150 eggs and I used a Japanese Ditto and an American Sableye.

Now I'm working on Phiones... about 120 eggs in and nothing yet.

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
Yay! 1st post!

I'm on my 240-some egg of Eevee now...
Am I doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky?
Male Eevee, from my American Platinum game
Female Eevee from Japanese guy on Wi-Fi
Can anyone help me? :(

EDIT: I'm done with the Masuda for Eevee. Just got two of him last night.
But now Eevees are up for sale!

Last edited:

CooKeyy

~Breeder~
Well it's still based on luck because, Ive done over 1800 Ralts and no shiny yet the female Ralts is Japanese and the male Ralts is American so im doing everything right its just based on luck and patience i suppose.

Erienne

Anime high :D
300+ so far, still no shiny Bagon... I think I will use an AR to find my Secret ID and use the RNG reporter.

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
Well it's still based on luck because, Ive done over 1800 Ralts and no shiny yet the female Ralts is Japanese and the male Ralts is American so im doing everything right its just based on luck and patience i suppose.

I don't know... I think we should both keep trying. The odds are 1/2108 or so...
2108th time's the charm I suppose!
I bet with my luck it'll be on the 400th or so. I got a shiny Buizel on the 9th chain before! ???

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
Got a Shiny Ralts

I just got a shiny ralts after about 79 eggs. Parents were a French Gardevoir and a German Ralts

EEEEEH! ;280;

Too bad its female and Impish -_-

*Sigh* Oh well

I now have a shiny crobat and a shiny ralts :D

EDIT: Got my shiny tryrogue after about 17 eggs

3 shinies :D

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Can you save and turn the DS off with this Method?

Also I have ran into some wild Pokemon since I started, will this effect anything?

Last edited:

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
I'm trying for shiny poochyena in the morning... maybe I'll have better chances with it. I stopped the Eevee eggs because I got two shiny eevees from trading today.

Now I have 250-some Eevees. Any nature. If you want, PM.

~Shadow... yawn.

drake13

Ryukishi
Can you save and turn the DS off with this Method?

Also I have ran into some wild Pokemon since I started, will this effect anything?

of course you can....there will be no factor that will affect Masuda Method...

I'm on my 240-some egg of Eevee now...
Am I doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky?
Male Eevee, from my American Platinum game
Female Eevee from Japanese guy on Wi-Fi
Can anyone help me? :(

it's entirely based on luck...remember that 1/2040 chance is still quite small....you just need patience...some get a shiny after 2000 eggs and some before 100 eggs...it's really just luck...let's make a wish on frederica bernkastel and she'll grant it...probably

I just got a shiny ralts after about 79 eggs. Parents were a French Gardevoir and a German Ralts

EEEEEH! ;280;

Too bad its female and Impish -_-

*Sigh* Oh well

I now have a shiny crobat and a shiny ralts :D

EDIT: Got my shiny tryrogue after about 17 eggs

3 shinies :D

now that's luck...my lowest is 64 eggs.....ur so lucky :D

Last edited:

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
Going for a shiny Chikorita now

Im on some 200 eggs now by round estimate.

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
it's entirely based on luck...remember that 1/2040 chance is still quite small....you just need patience...some get a shiny after 2000 eggs and some before 100 eggs...it's really just luck...

I guess I'm lucky now, cause yesterday someone one the trade forum gave me one, and then right AFTER, I went to the GTS and found one already coming to me!
This happened before with a Gallade of mine; i was chaining to find a Ralts, but the chain broke. Sulking, I went to the GTS where a shiny Gallade was waiting for me!

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
This happened before with a Gallade of mine; i was chaining to find a Ralts, but the chain broke. Sulking, I went to the GTS where a shiny Gallade was waiting for me!

YOU STOLE MY GALLADE :'(

I saw him and I was like MEEP

Then I went to trade and it was all like "This went to another trainer... Sucked In"

drake13

Ryukishi
I guess I'm lucky now, cause yesterday someone one the trade forum gave me one, and then right AFTER, I went to the GTS and found one already coming to me!

LOL...that's luck based off the GTS...it's really different with shinies that you've really worked hard for....'ya know, shinies with your name in the OT...XD

Then I went to trade and it was all like "This went to another trainer... Sucked In"

well, i found a legit shiny latios in the GTS :D

in return for a cresselia....

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
I traded a Togepi for a Legit Shiny Shaymin :D

drake13

Ryukishi

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
Does anyone want to trade a Shiny Ralts for some thing?

Impish Nature -_-

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!

Naw, It came in return from a Poke I randomly sent out.

But if I did, heheh, that would be very funny.

No really, I'm sorry, I have fun with him. ;)

...'ya know, shinies with your name in the OT...XD

Oh, I have many of those, My friend. but Serebii Forums are even more fun than chaining! ;)

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Does anyone want to trade a Shiny Ralts for some thing?

Impish Nature -_-

WTF?! YES!!! Would you trade it for a shiny gyarados, or maybe you could take a shiny bibarel off my hands. I also have a shiny meditite if you want that, or an ambipom Lv 100 with pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.