• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

321ElliOt

Lapras Tamer
I believe it to be real, but i don't have the time or patience to do it, i tried it once with a piplup but got bored rather quickly.

I find chaining a much easier and more rewarding experience. Although i always like the thought of shinys until i get one and remember it's just like any other pokemon, and i just wasted 2 hours of my life. =[

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Well, I obtained a Japanese Ninteails from somebody called "jewbotz" on the wifi chat, and I am now breeding Ninetails with a male Zigzagoon.

(Does the female have to be the foreign one?)

Ammako

It can be either.
But the outcome Pokémon will always be the Female Pokémon.
But if you use Ditto, it will be the Male's base form.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
I've been breeding using a Turtwig from Spain I got off the GTS. Does this help the Masuda method, or have I wasted my time?

PM me for lv. 1 Turtwig...

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
I find chaining a much easier and more rewarding experience.

Same here. 2 hours vs 2 months (that's the approx. amount of time from when I started eevee Masuda way to actually getting a shiny eevee)

I like two hours better. When I was less informed, I used to think that I had superstitions to getting PokeRadar shinies, like having to sit a certain way, but it just calls for enough patience to sit around for 2 hours!

So far, Masuda Method shinies aren't coming for me. So I'm going to do it Pokeradar and the half-*ssed way(getting some guy on the forum to give it to me) :) Don't take me for a lazy jerk, though; I work for many of my shinies.

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
EV Training my Shiny Tyrogue for a Shiny Hitmontop

EPIICCC

Blastoise07

Pokemon Junkie
I just got done collecting a batch of eggs on Platinum for a shiny Totodile. 222 to be exact. Shewww, now to hatch all these bad boys (or girls) Everyone wish me luck. Ive already hatched about 1000 totodile eggs and no luck yet but i have a good feeling about this batch :)

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
Blastoise,

I can trade you a Male Chikorita that know Leech Seed and Nature Power for something

I can breed for all 12 starters :awesome:

If you have anything special your willing to offer I'll be right hyear :D

shinyS33ker

Please be shiny
I am kinda new to the whole masuda method and i need help, am i doing it right if i have an english bagon and a jap salemance breed, and a couple otha questions does the method work with a ditto and can you save your game and turn it off or do you need to keep it on?

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
@Shinys33ker: Yes you are doing it right, you can do this method with a ditto which is much easier if you have a foreign one as it means you can use the Masuda method with just the one pokemon. As for saving and turning off your game, it wont affect your chances of a shiny.

Last edited:

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
@rocko: You could breed anything with those dittos, just so long as it isn't of japanese descent. I reccomend a pokemon that is one of your most favourites.

Happy Hunting

shinyS33ker

Please be shiny
@Shinys33ker: Yes you are doing it right, you can do this method with a ditto which is much easier if you have a foreign one as it means you can use the Masuda method with just the one pokemon. As for saving and turning off your game, it wont affect your chances of a shiny.

kwl thanks allot i am greatfull.=)

Sprintking

Since I haven't had any luck with the pokeradar I'll give this a shot. I found a jap skarmory in my box, hopefully it won't take forever.

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
Gah

Does anyone want my Shiny Kirlia?

Semi Spec. Atk EV Trained?

Last edited:

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
Chaining for shiny MALE Ralts

Lets hope all goes well

Last edited:

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
It took me about 70 for my Ralts

But over 4 days of constant hatching for my Tyrogue

So its hard to say really

Still no Murkrow or Tangela :\

CrownFire

How long on avrage does it take to hatch shinys? ....

The scuttlebutt is that the M Method increases your chances of hatching a shiny PKMN by 4 so that means, on average, your chances are 1/2048 rather than 1/8192.

I have hatched over 3000 eggs in pursuit of a legit shiny Magikarp. Once I get my Magikarp I am not likely to use the M Method again -- it's boring!! I much prefer chaining -- I've gotten over 300 shinies (54 different species) that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to all pursuing shinies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.