• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
First I did Eevee. I tried and Failed miserably. (got two shinies consecutively afterward anyway)

I tried Poochyena for about 10-12, but then got it traded to me anyway (again).

I tried Lucario for 10-12 eggs, but then I thought, "Why bother? I should be training me new shiny Pichu!" (which i got the hard, Pokeradar way):cool:

In conclusion, I was just too impatient to hatch those eggs. *sigh, I guess I'm not good enough for Masuda's ways (or am I too good?) o_O

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
Still hatching magikarp eggs. Up to 160

I finally got my first shiny. A venomoth!!!

Jordy Kieto

after hatching a shiny torchic without meaning to I said screw it to this method and decided to just let shinies come to me

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
Hmm... I'm currently trying this with a male foreign Feebas and a female regular Feebas, but no luck yet. I've hatched almost 21 eggs, and I'm now on my 22nd. (I know this is sort of a n00b question, but does an egg containing a shiny Pokemon look any different? :p)

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Hmm... I'm currently trying this with a male foreign Feebas and a female regular Feebas, but no luck yet. I've hatched almost 21 eggs, and I'm now on my 22nd. (I know this is sort of a n00b question, but does an egg containing a shiny Pokemon look any different? :p)

Nope. It looks the same as a normal egg.

i was so lucky that using a foreign infernape nd my own ditto got a shiny on the second egg but none ever since

Glaser

Pokemon Ultimatum
Hey, I have another question about the Masuda method. If I exchanged Dittos with someone, in say, the UK, then any egg that comes from the Ditto will have a higher chance of being shiny, correct? Or does it only work if I exchange Dittos with people speaking other languages?

Orangefeather

Hey, I have another question about the Masuda method. If I exchanged Dittos with someone, in say, the UK, then any egg that comes from the Ditto will have a higher chance of being shiny, correct? Or does it only work if I exchange Dittos with people speaking other languages?

Other languages. The game counts UK and US pokemon as the same.

drake13

Ryukishi

some people here had hatched at least a thousand of eggs and they don't arrive on a shiny...it's really based on luck so don't give up...and, no, it doesn't look any different...i wish it was

i was so lucky that using a foreign infernape and my own ditto got a shiny on the second egg but none ever since

wow, lucky :D

Ash^_^

I got a feeling...
im hatching a chimchar (like 16 eggs already hatched) still none :(....

question does any one hatched a shiny chimchar up to how many eggs did you hatche until you got a shiny chimchar?

Tiomasta

Not amused
question does any one hatched a shiny chimchar up to how many eggs did you hatche until you got a shiny chimchar?

It's all chance, you can't get a good answer on that.
I mean, someone might get a shiny in the first egg, someone might hatch over 9000 eggs and get no shiny.

Glaser

Pokemon Ultimatum
When a shiny Pokemon comes out of its egg, do the blue stars fly around it?

ImaLazyProcrastinator

Ev training fervor
replying to Khamul i think that the Masuda Method doesn't work with the german magikarp

But I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.