• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaLazyProcrastinator

Ev training fervor
shinys hatching even with Masuda Method is just plain luck

If youre like me and are unlucky then you do it for a longggg time

Glaser

Pokemon Ultimatum
Yay!!!
Earlier today I traded someone in Japan for their Ditto! I finally got my foreign ditto! Of course, the first shiny I aimed for was a Charmander, my dream shiny. I ended up getting a shiny Charmander on my fourth egg! Woot! I'm so excited!!!

This method is fake...Seriously, what would being foreign have to do with anything? Where's your proof? Shinies are all luck.

Ammako

This method is fake...Seriously, what would being foreign have to do with anything? Where's your proof? Shinies are all luck.

Obviously, you've been living under a rock or something for quite a long time.
This method has been proven real.

Last edited:

Glaser

Pokemon Ultimatum
Someone looked and found it in the game's code, I believe.

Also, I've got a question. If I trade a Japanese Ditto to my sister, and ask for it back a few weeks down the road, will the Masuda Method still take effect? Or does it have to be directly traded from a foreign country?

Orangefeather

Someone looked and found it in the game's code, I believe.

Also, I've got a question. If I trade a Japanese Ditto to my sister, and ask for it back a few weeks down the road, will the Masuda Method still take effect? Or does it have to be directly traded from a foreign country?

It'll still work. As long as the pokemon is foreign. But if you trade an English pokemon to an English game from a Japanese game, that wouldn't work.

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Sweet. I have 2 Japanese Diamond/Pearl carts, 3 American Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Carts. I could, in theory, trade over a charizard, breed a child, then use that child to get a shiny?

Orangefeather

Sweet. I have 2 Japanese Diamond/Pearl carts, 3 American Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Carts. I could, in theory, trade over a charizard, breed a child, then use that child to get a shiny?

The two parents must be from different language games. SO as long as the parent is, say, Japanses while the other parent is English, it'll work. But not if both parents have been obtained on an English game.

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
The two parents must be from different language games. SO as long as the parent is, say, Japanses while the other parent is English, it'll work. But not if both parents have been obtained on an English game.

Well, I'm putting a Japanese Ditto in my English Diamond. Does that work?

Visual

Nine one six ~

bluejay12357

←Most wanted atm
guys i know a method to get a shiny egg 100%
this works on the japanese versions for sure but im not sure on the english versions

its called the plantinum loop(but idk if im allowed to discuss this cuz im surprised ive never read about this method anywhere on this forum)

http://pokem.client.jp/seed.htm

heres the site if anyone else can read japanese...

and this method works cuz ive hatched shiny pokemon at a 100% rate so far (charmander and beldum ftw)

basically how this works is shinies are determined by this thing called seeds, and if you know your exact seed at one point of the game, you can calculate when you'll get a shiny egg using your id.

haha has anyone else heard of this method?

wichu

Everyone knows already; most people call it the 'RNG method'. And yes, it works in all language versions of D/P/Pt. :\

bluejay12357

←Most wanted atm
haha ya i just didnt read it on the forums so i was worried...and im surprised theres like no official thread discussing it

btw i call it the platinum loop cuz thts wats its called in japan =P

wichu

A lot of people here consider it cheating, since it takes the luck out of finding shinies.
There's a huge thread about it on Smogon, though.

bluejay12357

←Most wanted atm
o ok thnx then i should stop here b4 i get complaints

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
pokemon is getting boring and boring day by day. same story theme. but i love the character pikachu
Err...Why is this even here?

guys i know a method to get a shiny egg 100%
this works on the japanese versions for sure but im not sure on the english versions

its called the plantinum loop(but idk if im allowed to discuss this cuz im surprised ive never read about this method anywhere on this forum)

http://pokem.client.jp/seed.htm

heres the site if anyone else can read japanese...

and this method works cuz ive hatched shiny pokemon at a 100% rate so far (charmander and beldum ftw)

basically how this works is shinies are determined by this thing called seeds, and if you know your exact seed at one point of the game, you can calculate when you'll get a shiny egg using your id.

haha has anyone else heard of this method?
Many people know about this method, and there are english sites telling you about it too. The reason it is not discussed here is because Serebii do not allow discussion of cheating or hacking. Now, I don't consider this cheating or hacking but I can understand why many people do. If a thread was created for it, it would be closed almost immediately (probably), and the creator may even get an infraction.

Arande

RNG? It's not really cheating, as it all falls within game mechanics (they cracked how the RNG works basically) Some people just don't like it cause it gets rid of the "random" part. Or the are mad cause they found that method out after chaining for weeks on end.

There was a thread on it awhile ago, floating on page 3 now that was never closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.