• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh yesterday my husband and i took turns hatching squirtles on my game (japanese blastoise + english ditto) with no luck, hatched eggs for about 5 hours... didn't count them though. so last night he went on the gts and got me a japanese ditto + a japanese eevee. plan to try both of those (separately >.< ) + he's hatching eggs on his game for a shiny magikarp. hopefully one of us gets lucky soon because hatching eggs is a pain in the ***! :) although oddly enough he got a (looks legit) shiny magneton from the gts last night.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Sometimes with this method I tend to have droughts... like yesterday I hatched 3 whole boxes of skarmory with no luck

razor fire

Sometimes you need to hatch over 1000 eggs for it to work. the chances are higher but it doesn't make it much easier if you're unlucky.

Orangefeather

Sometimes you need to hatch over 1000 eggs for it to work. the chances are higher but it doesn't make it much easier if you're unlucky.
On average it takes around 2000 eggs. And no matter how many eggs you hatch, it will not affect the chances of the next one being a shiny. It's all luck. Some people get a shiny on their second egg, some on their 20,000th egg.

razor fire

Incase you think I meant that after a 1000 eggs the chances get higher then no. I meant that the chances of getting a shiny is higher but it doesn't get higher after a few 1000 eggs.

CrownFire

As of today I am ceasing my experiment with the Masuda Method. I hatched 3600 Magikarp eggs bred by one of my caught Magikarps (English) with a Japanese Ditto (1800 eggs) and a French Magikarp (the other 1800 eggs). Both "foreign" language Pokemon showed up in the Pokedex with their respective language boxes.

So, boring, boring, boring 150 hours of biking up and down Solaceon Town -- have almost forgotten how to do anything else in Pokemon! As for me -- the Masuda Method is not the way to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to all pursuing shinies!!

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Incase you think I meant that after a 1000 eggs the chances get higher then no. I meant that the chances of getting a shiny is higher but it doesn't get higher after a few 1000 eggs.

Actually, if you leave your game on continually without turning it off or battling, then you WILL get a shiny. Most likely, the only reason people have to hatch over 300 eggs is that they do not know this. If you leave your game on and hatch eggs continuosly, there is actually a very low chance you won't get a shiny in the first 500 or so eggs. This method is the only way to gaurantee you will get a shiny in fact, if you actually do it correctly.

razor fire

Actually, if you leave your game on continually without turning it off or battling, then you WILL get a shiny. Most likely, the only reason people have to hatch over 300 eggs is that they do not know this. If you leave your game on and hatch eggs continuosly, there is actually a very low chance you won't get a shiny in the first 500 or so eggs. This method is the only way to gaurantee you will get a shiny in fact, if you actually do it correctly.

No. There's so much wrong here.
1. you will not get a shiny if you leave your game on without battling or turning off. It's all based on your ID and SID.
2.Why should leaving it on help?
3.It will NOT gaurantee you anything.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
You see, when you turn on your game and press continue, your shiny frame, or the amount of eggs you will have to hatch to get a shiny is set. However, if you turn off your game, battle, or use wifi the frame that you will hatch a shiny on is different. It was actually talked about on this thread before, and I know it works, because I've done it.

razor fire

You see, when you turn on your game and press continue, your shiny frame, or the amount of eggs you will have to hatch to get a shiny is set. However, if you turn off your game, battle, or use wifi the frame that you will hatch a shiny on is different. It was actually talked about on this thread before, and I know it works, because I've done it.

Still doesn't help if your shiny frame is 100000 something. And you have to hit your exact frame. Turning on and off makes it easier. There's no point in having it on for several days.

Ammako

Still doesn't help if your shiny frame is 100000 something. And you have to hit your exact frame. Turning on and off makes it easier. There's no point in having it on for several days.

The IRNG's frame doesn't advance if you don't battle anyone and if you keep your Pokétch on Step Counter or Coin Toss.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
Hatched a shiny bagooon ! after 8 boxes !!!!11

oooo

As of today I am ceasing my experiment with the Masuda Method. I hatched 3600 Magikarp eggs bred by one of my caught Magikarps (English) with a Japanese Ditto (1800 eggs) and a French Magikarp (the other 1800 eggs). Both "foreign" language Pokemon showed up in the Pokedex with their respective language boxes.

So, boring, boring, boring 150 hours of biking up and down Solaceon Town -- have almost forgotten how to do anything else in Pokemon! As for me -- the Masuda Method is not the way to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to all pursuing shinies!!

You know, the french magikarp found ingame does not work with the masuda method.

Ammako

Lol, before talking about stuff, at least know what you're talking about.
It's German.

Also, he said "A French Magikarp" not "A French Magikarp obtained by the Meister."

Mcgustin

Poketopia master
With the masuda method, would the magikarp traded by meister in platinum count as a foreign pokemon?

razor fire

With the masuda method, would the magikarp traded by meister in platinum count as a foreign pokemon?

No. It is programmed in every game cart and is not counted as a foreign one.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Started breeding Eevee. One of them is japanese. I also have a japanese Rotom and Trapinch, but I need a Ditto to show up at the garden.

explosivesky

Okay, so wait, does keeping your game on help or not? I will leave this thing on forever if it will help me hatch my Shiny Torchic.

Also, I asked this in the Shiny Club, but no one answered, so: I went and traded last night for a Japanese Ditto, and although the language (it's name, the OT) are clearly in Japanese, I don't have a Japanese entry in my pokedex for it. Will the game still recognize it as being foreign when I breed with it? Just being cautious, lol.

Blastoise07

Pokemon Junkie
Just hatched my SHINY TOTODILE!!!!!!!!!!!! im so psyched!!! i turned on my game and began collecting eggs so i could box them off and hatch them later. While i was traveling up and down the road in solaceon town my shiny hatched!!! it was the first egg i collected after turning the game on!!!! Its about time too because i hatched over 1500 eggs before getting one. Im done hatching for shinies for a while SHEESH.
to explosivesky: In my experience leaving the game on doesnt help much if at all, its pretty much all luck. Masuda Method just ups your chances alot. And if you dont have a japanese entry for it in your pokedex then its not foreign, it just has a foreign name. Someone correct me if im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.