• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legger

Johto PKMN Champion
Does this really work, I've gone through 30 eggs already, and I guess I should go through more but its really annoying.

razor fire

Does this really work, I've gone through 30 eggs already, and I guess I should go through more but its really annoying.

Yes it does work. And you've got to do more than 30. Far more. You might have to pass 1000 eggs before you will get a shiny.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
yer im doing it to try and get my future hgss team all shiny(apart from Lugia). So far im on 12 and no shiny what is the average of egs i need to hhatch to get a shiny? and what is the higest and lowest?

pichu girl

loves ashes pikachu
well this sounds epic but i cant try it
1 i lost my game
2 i cant use nintendo wifi
3 im to lazy

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
well thats kool...

razor fire

yer im doing it to try and get my future hgss team all shiny(apart from Lugia). So far im on 12 and no shiny what is the average of egs i need to hhatch to get a shiny? and what is the higest and lowest?

There is no "average, highest or lowest". It all depends on your SID. You may have to hatch several 1000 eggs before you can get a shiny.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
whats a SID

razor fire

whats a SID

An SID or Secret ID as it's actually named is a hidden number that can only be found through hacking or a shiny non-bred, non-chained pokemon. You can read more about it on Smogon.com or Bulbapedia. The SID generates PIDs for the different pokemon's which determines whether or not a pokemon is shiny.

Kukem

Well, I was skeptical about this but after 580 some eggs I managed to get not one but two shiny Eevees about twenty eggs apart from each other. One was Jolly and I can't remember the nature of the other. But it does work! I was surprised.

Wonder what my next one will be....

Combining with Official shiny thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.