• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masuda Method Discussion [Or, how to get Shinies Easier]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

chutkat

Vaporeon Breeder
I got a Japanese Eevee jesterday and bred it with one of my own eevees, and I hatched around 7 eggs and got my first shiny eevee x3

So I highly recomend this.
I thought I'd had to hatch around 100 eggs at least, but it was really quick.

// Also it might depend on luck too I guess :/
I've read others had tried it and nothing yet

Last edited:

DrDuckTape

First egg I hatched with my Japanese Ditto was a shiny torachic,
can't wait to evolve it into a bad *** blaziken

TomNook

Still In Kanto
It seems everyone is hatching shinies via the matsuda method much faster than the 2000/1 odds would suggest. Maybe theres a little more to it.

Celebus

It seems everyone is hatching shinies via the matsuda method much faster than the 2000/1 odds would suggest. Maybe theres a little more to it.

...Or maybe just the ones getting lucky are mentioning it here.

Golde

Always Searching~
Well, I'm definitely gonna try this. It seems legit, I mean, I don't understand why it would work, but if it generally gets results, I'll make sure to check it out. To the Trading Forums, *Away!*

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I just figured out the radar now this

Last edited:

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
How does the game make sure its a foreign pokemon?

I got a ditto in a trade from Gamefaqs but the name is all thats Japanese.How can I make sure it came from a Japanese game and make sure that someone didnt just hack the name or somethinh?

Check the Pokedex. If it is a real Japanese Ditto, there will be a button on the Bottom screen that says 'JPN', and if you click it, the Dex entry will change to Japanese.

:D

Emerald 2006

I've hatched 44 Magikarp, and it's not working.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
Wow, awesome method...
By the way, do the prosiblities grow if I have a Japanese Shiny Ditto? :O
Thanks for answering...

Shiny parents have no effect on the probability whatsoever. I believe shiny parents did increase chances of a shiny egg in G/S/C, but that was removed in R/S/E, ad it didn't return for D/P/Pt.

spanky17

Mamoswine Flu
I have hatched 242 Bagon Eggs and no luck!!

Im breeding a jap salamence with an american bagon(soon to be salamence) im goin nuts over here!
I hope I get it soon...my jap salamence is a male so idk if that has any effect..
=|

Jolley

I was hatching Skorupi eggs with a Male Japanese Scyther and a Female Skorupi and was trying to breed for a Jolly skorupi, after about 25 eggs, I got a shiney, but still no Jolly one yet :( Although a shiney is much better :D

Dragonking

Could those that got the shinies from this Method post what version you got the shiny on? Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Jolley

I got mine from Platinum.

Colliepop

Wonderboy
I heard about this a little while ago, but had a bit of a laugh at the idea. It seems everyone else is getting all the luck... But so far, I'm seeing nothing that would suggest that it ups the odds of breeding a shiny.
There goes Colliepop, dampening the spirits for everyone else in his position! :'( :'(

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I'm planning on breeding my Japanese Empoleon with my Piplup.

Pokemon approves of incest for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.