• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mathematics

Do you like maths

• I like them (I'm a loser)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I don't like them (I'm cool)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don't mind them, I hate ____ more

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I HATE IT (You're legendary)

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I LOVE IT!!! (You're a total lamo)

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister_SGG

Most people hate it, some queers people like it.

What is the verdict

I can't wait to see the controversy the poll options will cause

Jb

Tsun in the streets
**** math, I always have a phone with me so I don't see why I have to learn the what the square route of something to the 2nd power is.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I have a hard time enjoying mundane tasks..but math isn't mundane. I have a weird thing for patterns and fractions and other things...I'm a loser. Meh. ^^

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I don't like math at all. I'm an average student in math (B+), but I would take English over math any day.

Mister_SGG

SGG, you're such a Pythagorian triple.

Aw, you.

**** math, I always have a phone with me so I don't see why I have to learn the what the square route of something to the 2nd power is.

That's how I feel. When are you ever going to sit down and say, "I don't know what *equation* is, I should solve it myself instead of using a calculator"

Rezzo

Occasionally
That's how I feel. When are you ever going to sit down and say, "I don't know what *equation* is, I should solve it myself instead of using a calculator"

Quite a lot of times, actually. A lot of advanced mathematics is very theoretical and involves a lot of algebra, and a calculator can't just create formulae for you as they aren't designed for that. Think of things like surds and quadratics. A calculator is useless at solving these problems.

Edit: I stand corrected, calculators can solve these things, but I guess it's still important to know the theory.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Eh, it's decent enough. I don't look forward to it more than I do any class, but I'm pretty good at it.

Mister_SGG

Quite a lot of times, actually. A lot of advanced mathematics is very theoretical and involves a lot of algebra, and a calculator can't just create formulae for you as they aren't designed for that. Think of things like surds and quadratics. A calculator is useless at solving these problems.

Edit: I stand corrected, calculators can solve these thing, but I guess it's still important to know the theory.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yUbuZtlbBSc/UF2SCI-4mvI/AAAAAAAADHo/PVhXH7Nrpt4/s1600/john-stewart.gif

Stop trying to trick me into suicide with your big made up words!!

sweetie

lovely love
I hate math. I am terrible at it despite my efforts at trying to improve. **** quadratics.

The things I was decent at were fractions, radius and circumference, Pythagorean theorem and geometry to an extent.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I used to hate it, but I like it now. I'm not amazing at it, but I'm not too bad at it, either. It's kinda peaceful doing it, except of course when you're being tested on it and you forget everything.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't like math, but it looks like I'm good with math as long as I know what I'm doing. I had an awesome College Algebra teacher last year, so I passed with an A, my highest grade in math ever. I can't see myself going into something like Trigonometry or even Calculus, but... yeah.

I'm kinda weird like that.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I genuinely enjoy mathematics. Apparently this makes me, variously, a nerd (YOU'RE ON A ****ING POKEMON FORUM) or gay (Bend over and let's find out). Even if these are jokes, they're not particularly good ones.

Then again, these assertions are coming from a guy who talks about how much he touches his gearstick on a fairly regular basis.

Last edited:

*IZ*

I love MATH(no S) I didn't see the last option. I would've chosen it if I were to see it.