• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mathematics

Do you like maths

• I like them (I'm a loser)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I don't like them (I'm cool)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don't mind them, I hate ____ more

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I HATE IT (You're legendary)

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I LOVE IT!!! (You're a total lamo)

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIOWHOPIWEHFGHRTIUWOJFOPIHWFGOIWHFGOWHGJEFGOE!!!!!! *stabs math* Ugh I hate so much :(...

monkeyman192

simply bored
Well considering I am doing theoretical physics I couldn't hate maths too much, plus I have realised I only need 2 more 3rd year maths subjects to get a maths major, so yeah... definately like maths! :D
I was actually thinking of making a thread like this about physics/maths :p

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Although I've been consistently good at mathematics in primary and secondary school, I generally found this subject to be exceedingly boring.

monkeyman192

simply bored
I beat you to it and made it completely against math

aww, but we would be nowhere without maths and physics!
Gotta at least appreciate it!

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I used to hate it, but I like it now. I'm not amazing at it, but I'm not too bad at it, either. It's kinda peaceful doing it, except of course when you're being tested on it and you forget everything.

I don't like math, but it looks like I'm good with math as long as I know what I'm doing. I had an awesome College Algebra teacher last year, so I passed with an A, my highest grade in math ever. I can't see myself going into something like Trigonometry or even Calculus, but... yeah.

I'm kinda weird like that.

aww, but we would be nowhere without maths and physics!
Gotta at least appreciate it!

True true.

I had to admit that my first 2 years in high school (my country's education system wasn't K12 yet), I hated it with a passion. Everytime I hear math, my mind erupts like a camerupt Erupting!!!

But in all honesty, it truly will depend on the teacher and your dedication. Heck, the EV system calculus of pokemon forced me to respect math. But at third year, I'm starting to get fairly nice with math. It truly relies on your level of logic to understand anything with math. heck my trigonometry teacher somehow implemented 6 math topics for me. Sine, Cosecant, Tangent, Cotangent, Secant, Cosine.

As for trigonometry, its really about angles, hypotenuse, legs, bases, Degrees, radius, and quadrants. Tip: Just thing of the triforce from Zelda. Logic and understanding is crucial. Sometimes, it just needs logical creativity

Even C++ programming has a crap ton of logic that came from math since these early computer software programs were made by mathematicians. Fun fact since I tackled that lesson last semester.

monkeyman192

simply bored
Even C++ programming has a crap ton of logic that came from math since these early computer software programs were made by mathematicians. Fun fact since I tackled that lesson last semester.

Programming is a lot easier if you have a good grasp on maths. Especially when you are trying to make an algorithm to do something. Maths provides a good logical basis for programming

Rave

Banned
whoever constructed this ****ing thread, is a ****ing biased loser towards math

irock245

She wants it
The thing is, math is pretty much the basis of many jobs. Simply put, if you are bad at math/ don't care to learn it, you will struggle in many jobs that pay exceedingly well.

As for me, I kinda like it (as I'm going to the math and science academy in my home town, and the academy is known to be the best in the region) and I do decently, although I make a lot of careless mistakes.

FreeZelda

Aqua Chanpion
Maybe its because Im asian but I LOVE MATHS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;183; Water types are awesome, without them we would lose ;134;

irock245

She wants it
Just looked at poll results. Over 1/4 of the people posting on the poll are "total lamos" for learning the skills to code pokemon games. :p