1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mawaru-Penguindrum

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Sep 22, 2011.

1. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The show that barely is about penguins despite the title!

I...have no idea what I'm watching...

I signed up for the penguins, I got...stalker girls, odd fantasies, magic hats that possess people, girls with memory erasing slingshot guns...my head hurts just trying to figure out what this show is even about...

It's still fun to watch, though!

Discuss.

2. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I can not get over how beautiful this show is. Like I said before, it's like sex for the eyes. I'm on episode 8 atm.

Edit: Episode 9... D8

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. Buchou

Buchou filch some swag

This has become one of my favourite animes ever. It's so beautiful words are not needed.

4. Gentleman Skeleton

Gentleman Skeleton Well-Known Member

In my opinion, this is the best anime of the year you can't get legally. I really do hope someone picks this up for a simulcast or full-on license.

5. Charizard Champion#06

Holy cow did anyone see episode 11 yet? Things were going along smoothly (well as smooth as they get) and then THIS happens.

Judging by the hints given by the ending I think Mawaru Penguindrum is heading into... THAT territory.

6. Buchou

Buchou filch some swag

If I'm reading what you meant by THAT territory correctly, then I surely hope not. I don't want another one of those.

7. Piplup740811

Piplup740811 Ashgirl

Started watching it about a week ago and I am hooked o.o I absolutely love the anime, I got the same reaction I expected Penguins doing cute things what I got was completely unexpected ^^; XDDDD

8. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsa1ZyrFGj0

For those who haven't heard, the anime's version was a cover. A pretty catchy song, all the same.

I don't think Madoka Magica DVDs are set until 2012. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  9. Charizard Champion#06

Did not know. Awesome!
    I gotta say, I like that version just as much.