• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Maxxed Out! (325)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Maxxed Out!

Heading to Fallarbor City, the gang meet up with a trainer called Max who looks identical to Max. He is having trouble with his Surskit. However Max doesn't like or trust Max. Team Rocket have their eyes set on Max's Surskit. Can Max & Max protect the Surskit and overcome their differences?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Yellow

Banned
I am looking forward to this episode. I can't wait to see Max's twin. Does anyone know if he will have the same voice as Max?

psilocybin

Shadow Trainer said:
I am looking forward to this episode. I can't wait to see Max's twin. Does anyone know if he will have the same voice as Max?

I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it'll be different, like in the original.

I'm so psyched to see the dub of this. ^^

Chris

Old Coot
So far, the dub seems okay at best. Masato (older one) sounds pretty good. o_O Once again, Eric Stuart feels the need to shout out all of James' lines and over exaggerate them. Surskit doesn't keep its Japanese voice due to different names. The Trainer Challenge just became ridiculously easy and is different from the other ones ("Which one of these Pokémon evolves into Lombre?").

L

LuauGirl15

I loved this episode! Max and Max quarreling in the beginning was pretty funny, and so was Skitty messing up Jessie's hair!

Did anyone else think that Jessie looked like Samara Morgan (from the Ring) at the end when she tried to grab Surskit? Why do all Japanese or Japanese-based shows and movies have a freaky girl with hair over her face, lol!

This episode was great!! Surskit was adorable, as was Skitty. I liked Max 2 as well.

Overall rating:
8.8 out of 10!!
A great filler, and perhaps it will rival it's successor(Pros and Con Artists) in quality!!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ahahha, Jessie stole the show in "Maxxed Out".

In every episode where Jessie's hair gets damaged in some way she goes nuts, she almost crushed them all with a giant hammer.

And Skitty is really awfully cute. I can see now why they wanted to market Skitty with May, they make an awesome team.

Suskrit and the Max clone were alright too, and I liked how May tried to get them to stop arguing.

And Jessie almost slammed May with a hammer! The nerve of her. :p

EliteTrainerRaven said:
The Trainer Challenge just became ridiculously easy and is different from the other ones ("Which one of these Pokémon evolves into Lombre?").

Not really, this isn't the first time they did an evolution one. We've seen them do this 2 or 3 times before with "which pokemon does this evolve into"

V Faction

www.faction.com
Do doo do do doo...

-I'm surprised ETR liked older Max's voice. I guess you haven't heard the "Ritchie" voice in a while. Even though there was some attempt to make it sound Maxish, by the end of the episode it was the same old-same old.

-Trainer's Choice was fine. The REAL highlight of it was seeing Lombre. If you look at any of the TC's, they're all easy, so difficulty shouldn't be called into play. Rather, we need to look for any of the surprising ones, that tell us 4Kids is being challenged to think like a Pokemon player.

-Gotta love Seviper.

-The Episode, sadly, had a very Johtoish vibe to it. That's been there since the Day it debuted, so I'm not holding that against the dubbers. Surskit helped a little (or worsened the situation, depending how you look at it) and it was fun seeing Water Pulse again. And we can't forget the motif of the entire Episode: having two Maxes.

-I'd like to add that Jessie has some really big issues.

H

Houndoom Master

Surskitt's voice sounded cute! I put on closed captioning and I saw the Max that wasn't May's brother was actually named Maxx, with two X's, which explains the title. The episode was hilarious, especially Jessie! The Trainer's Challenge was stupid. I mean, really! How could Electrike evolve into Lombre? Overall, I give it 7/10.
EDIT: I forgot to add that Water Pulse looked cool! I don't know if it has ever been shown in another episode, but that was the first time I saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Old Coot
V Faction said:
-I'm surprised ETR liked older Max's voice. I guess you haven't heard the "Ritchie" voice in a while. Even though there was some attempt to make it sound Maxish, by the end of the episode it was the same old-same old.
Yeah, I'm suprised myself. o_O; I hadn't heard Richie's voice used in a while and they didn't make him sound too much like every filler boy that we've seen in Johto. At some points you could tell it sounded like an older Max, but then it went downhill by the end of the episode.

And I wasn't aware of the previous evolution questions. >_>; I probably missed those episodes in English. But either way, those were terribly easy. You'd figure it'd be a little tougher on the kids considering it's called Trainer Challenge.

V Faction

www.faction.com
EliteTrainerRaven said:
And I wasn't aware of the previous evolution questions. >_>; I probably missed those episodes in English. But either way, those were terribly easy. You'd figure it'd be a little tougher on the kids considering it's called Trainer Challenge.

Advanced Challenge.

Trainer's Choice.

No where does it say it HAS to be challenging.

S

slysunshine

The other Max is spelled Maxx? Cool!

Sadly, I overslept and only saw the last five minutes of this episode. I only saw Max and Maxx as friends. I loved May and Skitty and Surskit was cute too!

L

Lindsay

Johtoish my butt. Considering Max finally got a spotlight episode and some development for the first time since the Jirachi movie I took this episode as a great one!

Also this helped develop the PKMN world into a little more realistic one by showing two people can share the same name which hasn't really been touched on or at least not made a focus. [spoil](Here's to hoping for some OI Drake reference in the seaman episode)[/spoil]

Jessie was majorly o_O At least the writers are consistant with her hair obsession. Scyther and Snubbull also made her batty from messing up her hair in the past heh!

The two Maxs were great and similar heh! Wonder if they'll save that character design for an old Max in the future? Anyway I'd say each of them were great and I'm just left wondering what Max's first PKMN will be. Better be a good one since his now stated goal is to become a gym leader!

Surskit as a cutie was just icing on the cake.

4 / 5

Yay for Max!

R

Railith

I was hoping the older Max would be some kind of time traveling elite trainer trying to warn his past self about some plot on his life. Instead we get an average pokemon episode, it wasn't bad I just wanted time travel.

Chris

Old Coot
Sadly, this IS abit Johto-ish. The whole idea of the plot of the episode, the basic filler character of the week with a Pokémon that alot would consider to be weak, and the fact that nothing that contributed to the story really happened. Sounds like the general Johto filler to me.

L

Lindsay

The Max haters are out in full force but I'll just ignore them and focus on this.....

Shining Espeon said:
I hope Skitty popping out of its Pokeball at random intervals doesn't become a running gag. With Wobbuffet, it's funny. With Skitty, it's not.

You're right. With Wobby it is funny.

With Skitty it's cute. Slight difference but it works for me!

EliteTrainerRaven said:
Sadly, this IS abit Johto-ish. The whole idea of the plot of the episode, the basic filler character of the week with a Pokémon that alot would consider to be weak, and the fact that nothing that contributed to the story really happened. Sounds like the general Johto filler to me.

Oh sure learning of Max's life goal among other things doesn't count at all.

Of course the people call this Johtoish are the ones who flamed me for saying the awful Misty episodes were Johtoish.

I'll just take this brand of bias with a big sack of "riiiiiiiight...." :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

psilocybin

>w< This episode was so cute~! I really don't mind filler episodes. Not at all.

Though Maxx's voice was abit odd to me at first, prolly 'cause he was trying to be tough or something.
It was amusing to watch them argue.

Andand, Surskit! T'was adorable. As well as the Maxes.

Er.. Forgive me if my post is incoherent. I'm just abit out of it.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Beware of Jessie on a day hair day.

Was waiting for Brocka nd Ash to show up in a wedge-bot and duke it out with TR Battle Bots style. I would have been double over laughing.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
DEFINITELY beware of Jessie on a bad hair day. You obviously don't want Jessie after you! Anyways, I thought this was a pretty good filler. It did feel a little like the Johto fillers, but overall it was pretty good. And I personally think that Jessie looks good with her bangs that she had towards the end after she fell in the water. I give this episode a 8 out of 10.

AJW73

Jedi Knight
Did anybody catch the LOTR reference with Jessie going "Must have the Surkit!" like Gollum? That, and the mecha mallet were the highlights of this episode. Also, Skitty was too cute for words.^v^