1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

May 08 Plot Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Jade, Apr 3, 2008.

1. redchesus

redchesus Jade Star Trainer

Well, Byron had a Shieldon with him in his earlier appearance, and he's the one who sent Dia to Iron Island to be trained by Riley, IIRC so I'm thinking that the Pu was in fact Byron's but given to Dia

and if Pu does evolve into Bastiodon, what would Byron's signature PKMN be? The manga usually doesn't repeat signature Pokemon, though this saga may be different since Maylene already has a Riolu and Mars has a Luxray (should be Volkner's)

Hmm...

2. brelili

brelili Call me Bri.

Y'know, the egg may not be Riolu, though there is a high chance it is.

3. Eefi

Eefi ::Aura is with Me::

That's a good insight; I don't know how to respond to that one. I'll get back to you all after I think this through.

Maybe they will use there other pokemon as signatures, Flannery didn't use a Torkoal (which is use by Tabitha of Team Magma) and was given a Magcargo instead.

4. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider That's no moon...

Bronzong, maybe?

5. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Ooh, that'll be interesting to see.

6. Eefi

Eefi ::Aura is with Me::

If Byron uses Bronzong, then what does Lucian of the Elite Four use then? Bronzong is Lucian's signature pokemon.

7. redchesus

redchesus Jade Star Trainer

You know there might be a small chance of that happening actually. Considering the only steel Pokemon that haven't appeared in the manga from the Sinnoh dex are Bronzong and Bastiodon (not counting Dialga or Heatrean obviously)

Byron does have a Bronzor in the game and at least Lucian will have 4 other pokemon to "pick" from, albeit they're all old non-Gen IV pokemon but Flannery got Magcargo so... it's possible (they deviate from the game sometimes obviously)

Alternatively he could get a Steelix since the one that just appeared was a wild one, but that would be lame IMO because Steelix appears way too often anyway

My actual prediction though is that Pu won't evolve since it seems this saga that Pokemon outside the starters aren't really evolving i.e. Munchlax, Ponyta