• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 10th: SM74 - This Tough Old Geezer's the Island King?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and the others have come to Ula'ula Island for the next Island Pilgrimage, but they can't find the Island King anywhere. With some help from Acerola, a girl that lives on the island, they manage to get to Island King Kuchinashi's place, but...

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 伊藤典子 (Noriko Ito)

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Finally Nanu. :)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And here's our likely Nanu debut.

Wonder if the fact that he's described as "tough" in the title suggests Ash is going to battle him (and likely lose).

Vipsoccermaster

Nanu finally appears. Wonder what kind of personality he might have in the anime. Don't see Acerola appearing just yet.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nanu finally appears. Wonder what kind of personality he might have in the anime. Don't see Acerola appearing just yet.
Well there is a possibility that Acerola will appear along with Nanu and they could debut her shiny Mimikyu here. She seems to have some closeness with Nanu so why not.

Evanibble

This looks pretty exciting. Guess we're getting the Ula'ula trials and the UB arcs at the same time?

Nanu is such an aloof, standoffish character in the game (he's maybe my favorite Kahuna at the same time), so i'll be interested to see how he's portrayed in a goofy sort of anime like SM.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Since it seems Ash might battle Nanu immediately here, I'm guessing there's no need to do any trials in order to challenge him. I already suspected that there would probably not be a ghost trial since Acerola has her own Mimikyu, and having a third Mimikyu in the form of Totem Mimikyu is too much. As for the Hokulani trial, I wonder if it'll be implemented or not.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Even if he does battle, the title (to me) suggests Ash will underestimate him and lose.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Both Hala and Olivia had at least one episode under their belt before their Grand Trial. The title alone doesn't indicate Ash will be doing one yet.

And Nanu at least appeared on the poster, whereas Ilima did not (eh, it probably doesn't mean much, to be fair), so he could appear more in the story.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Even if he does battle, the title (to me) suggests Ash will underestimate him and lose.
Yeah, at this time, I think that it will be too early for Ash to seriously challenge the Ula'ula Grand Trial. But still, Nanu could still accept a challenge from Ash.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, at this time, I think that it will be too early for Ash to seriously challenge the Ula'ula Grand Trial. But still, Nanu could still accept a challenge from Ash.
He has to eventually. Ash is sure to take on all four Grand Trials in order to progress the region and graduate from the Pokémon School.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping Nanu sticks around for as long as Olivia did, if not longer. He's the best character in the games and that is not an exaggeration, he's the best.
I wonder if Torracat and Nanu's Persian will meet here or if they'll save Torracat seeing it for the final part of the Grand Trial.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah, so Nanu finally appearing! :) It's been a long gap since the last Grand Trial happened, a.k.a., Ash's progress in his quest in this region has basically come to a standstill since then. Finally it's showing signs of moving on. Hope we get the Grand Train within 3-4 episodes of this.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

I think they will show how tough he is by helping the Gang with another ultra beast first. Then Ash will get inspired seeing how strong he is and challenge him for battle in the forthcoming episode. That might be the reason they haven't revealed title for next episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think they will show how tough he is by helping the Gang with another ultra beast first. Then Ash will get inspired seeing how strong he is and challenge him for battle in the forthcoming episode. That might be the reason they haven't revealed title for next episode.
Well, giving how the writers are finding comical ways of dealing with UBs......I wonder why Nanu will be required for helping regarding that. Regarding not revealing the title for the next episode, that's very because too many non-aired episodes' title have been revealed already.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Good point actually. Now that I think about it, the title "this tough geezer" suggests that he might be showing the gang his strength in some other way first for him to get that name.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
He has to eventually. Ash is sure to take on all four Grand Trials in order to progress the region and graduate from the Pokémon School.
Well that's his current goal, so at some point, I know that Ash will eventually have to defeat Nanu. But this time he hasn't even participated in an Ula'ula Trial yet.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well that's his current goal, so at some point, I know that Ash will eventually have to defeat Nanu. But this time he hasn't even participated in an Ula'ula Trial yet.
Well it just basically takes one episode in between to do the Ula Ula Trial. Remember how quickly the Vedarnt Cavern Trial and the Lush Jungle Trials were done? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.