• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 10th: SM74 - This Tough Old Geezer's the Island King?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Yeah, i am now convinced they are setting up Team Rainbow Rocket. Also, Dirty out of control Lycanroc incoming.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It's quite obvious that they are planning to set up something with how Giovanni and Nanu know each other, but I still don't see how it's for a potential Rainbow Rocket arc. There's really no connection, since the RR arc was about Ultra Wormholes, so if anything, Giovanni should be acquaintances with either Faba or Lusamine, not Nanu.

I feel this could be a way to set up Guzma. Sure the Team Skull grunts bother the twerps, but the true rivalry is between Team Rocket and Team Skull. It's possible that Giovanni is aware that Guzma is the big bad of Alola, and so does Nanu since he's a cop, so the Giovanni and Nanu acquaintance could be a way to bring down Guzma and establish Team Rocket's dominance in Alola.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
It's quite obvious that they are planning to set up something with how Giovanni and Nanu know each other, but I still don't see how it's for a potential Rainbow Rocket arc. There's really no connection, since the RR arc was about Ultra Wormholes, so if anything, Giovanni should be acquaintances with either Faba or Lusamine, not Nanu.

I feel this could be a way to set up Guzma. Sure the Team Skull grunts bother the twerps, but the true rivalry is between Team Rocket and Team Skull. It's possible that Giovanni is aware that Guzma is the big bad of Alola, and so does Nanu since he's a cop, so the Giovanni and Nanu acquaintance could be a way to bring down Guzma and establish Team Rocket's dominance in Alola.
That's also a possibility. But then why Nanu will help Giovanni since Giovanni is no less than Guzma?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
That's also a possibility. But then why Nanu will help Giovanni since Giovanni is no less than Guzma?

Yeah that's true as well, but between teaming up for the possibility of inviting a whole bunch of baddies from other dimensions versus teaming up to take on a local gangster, the latter sounds more likely.

Ideally I would suspect that Giovanni might be bribing Nanu to keep Team Rocket off from any investigations and for favors, but of course, the anime definitely won't do that.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
what if it leads to some sort of international police vs team rocket arc? I miss looker....

Red and Blue

Rainbow Rocket in the anime doesn't have to involve wormholes or the other team leaders. It can just be a faction of TR Giovanni wants to set up in Alola

DatsRight

If I remember correctly, Nanu only really became active about Team Skull when they became a proper threat to Ula Ula.

Giovanni could be the same deal, since Team Rocket is largely located in Kanto, besides three sympathetic bumblers.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So still no new episode titles?
And I agree, Looker needs to make a reappearance. XY(Z) didn't feel complete due to his absence.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So still no new episode titles?
And I agree, Looker needs to make a reappearance. XY(Z) didn't feel complete due to his absence.

We've been down to the Tuesday before the next episode premieres occasionally, so I'm not surprised.
Also, why does everyone want Looker to appear? The UB capture plot from the games is being handled by Lusamine anyway. I guess he could do something with Necrozma once it shows up.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
We've been down to the Tuesday before the next episode premieres occasionally, so I'm not surprised.
Also, why does everyone want Looker to appear? The UB capture plot from the games is being handled by Lusamine anyway. I guess he could do something with Necrozma once it shows up.

I think that's because looker has been seen in 2 series in DP and BW so it will be welcome as part of consistency with other series.

Henry's Journey

Yes, I don't think they're going to adapt Rainbow Rocket but I hope they will still showcase Guzma and Plumeria in the anime.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I wonder when will we get new episode titles...
Also, I think we will get the 2nd preview tonight for SM074 tonight?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's already up, and it seemed like a longer one. But considering it had Tapu Bulu and Jessie using the Mimikyum-Z in it, I'm assuming it included future episodes, too. And other than Lycanroc being given lots and lots of cookies, it didn't really have anything new in it..

And we've already gone over the future titles thing. We'll probably get them within the next few days. It was a holiday week in Japan, otherwise we'd probably have them by now.

Eh, what does it matter? SM75 is almost certainly Ash vs. Jessie in the Thrifty Megamart, while SM76 could be whatever's going on with Tapu Bulu.

Henry's Journey

I wonder when will we get new episode titles...
Also, I think we will get the 2nd preview tonight for SM074 tonight?

Yes, just saw the 2nd preview and there's no sight of Ash's friends, what's going on? will they come later to Ula'Ula or what? :confused:

Anyway I hope we get titles early next week.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yes, just saw the 2nd preview and there's no sight of Ash's friends, what's going on? will they come later to Ula'Ula or what? :confused:

It doesn't look very likely, unfortunately. I'm guessing their only presence in this episode will be seeing Ash off.

However, given that at the very least episodes involving Soph and his cousin and Charjabug evolving seem likely, I'm sure they'll get to Ula'Ula at some point.

I'm personally hoping for something similar to when Clemont briefly left the group back in XY, but on a larger scale. Maybe we can get focus episodes on the classmates to see what they're up to while Ash and Team Rocket are gone. It would be good for them, because it would force them to have episodes where they're able to stand on their own, without Ash or Team Rocket butting in and hijacking the plot. Considering everyone but Lillie just got focus episodes, however, it doesn't seem likely. :/

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Eh, what does it matter? SM75 is almost certainly Ash vs. Jessie in the Thrifty Megamart, while SM76 could be whatever's going on with Tapu Bulu.

I agree, probably those we will be the major events of the episodes. Hopefully we will get new titles these days.

I just saw it as well, didn't have much new stuff but it's interesting that even in this preview the classmates were absent.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Oh, and we still need an Ultra Beast episode for May, don't we?

Thinking about it, I've become convinced it's going to be Xurkitree next. I agree with whoever said Ash will probably get Xurkitree because of Poiple, and since the focus will probably be on him for the next several episodes, it makes the most sense to get "his" Ultra Beast out of the way.

Since that's an Ultra Guardians mission, it will probably alert Lusamine, and she'll send the classmates to Ula'Ula to help Ash out with Xurkitree.

And there's your May. SM75 is almost certainly the Thrifty Megamart, Tapu Bulu for SM76, and Xurkitree for SM77.

After that, they can stick with Ash for the rest of his Ula'Ula adventure. June can have our probable Molayne and Sophocles episode, maybe Charjabug evolving, another Ultra Beast encounter (going to guess it'll be Kartana in Malie Garden, and I'm confident Mallow is going to get Kartana, so there's another Mallow episode there), and then maybe Ash's Grand Trial with Nanu assuming defeating Jessie's Mimikyu earns him the Ghostium-Z. Or another possibility could be Molayne and Charjabug evolving are the same episode, and Ash gets the Steelium-Z in a separate episode if he doesn't get the Ghostium-Z.

But because this is me theorizing this, I bet it goes in a completely different direction.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Oh, and we still need an Ultra Beast episode for May, don't we?

Thinking about it, I've become convinced it's going to be Xurkitree next. I agree with whoever said Ash will probably get Xurkitree because of Poiple, and since the focus will probably be on him for the next several episodes, it makes the most sense to get "his" Ultra Beast out of the way.

Since that's an Ultra Guardians mission, it will probably alert Lusamine, and she'll send the classmates to Ula'Ula to help Ash out with Xurkitree.

And there's your May. SM75 is almost certainly the Thrifty Megamart, Tapu Bulu for SM76, and Xurkitree for SM77.

After that, they can stick with Ash for the rest of his Ula'Ula adventure. June can have our probable Molayne and Sophocles episode, maybe Charjabug evolving, another Ultra Beast encounter (going to guess it'll be Kartana in Malie Garden, and I'm confident Mallow is going to get Kartana, so there's another Mallow episode there), and then maybe Ash's Grand Trial with Nanu assuming defeating Jessie's Mimikyu earns him the Ghostium-Z. Or another possibility could be Molayne and Charjabug evolving are the same episode, and Ash gets the Steelium-Z in a separate episode if he doesn't get the Ghostium-Z.

But because this is me theorizing this, I bet it goes in a completely different direction.

That's pretty much what's going to happen. Although, I don't know if they will schedule Ash's grand trial battle with Nanu in June. But I really like your scenario. From all the previews we have got so far it seems to be a promising arc and I hope it won't disappoint us. I also hope Poipole will be used in of the trial battles.

DatsRight

It doesn't look very likely, unfortunately. I'm guessing their only presence in this episode will be seeing Ash off.

However, given that at the very least episodes involving Soph and his cousin and Charjabug evolving seem likely, I'm sure they'll get to Ula'Ula at some point.

I'm personally hoping for something similar to when Clemont briefly left the group back in XY, but on a larger scale. Maybe we can get focus episodes on the classmates to see what they're up to while Ash and Team Rocket are gone. It would be good for them, because it would force them to have episodes where they're able to stand on their own, without Ash or Team Rocket butting in and hijacking the plot. Considering everyone but Lillie just got focus episodes, however, it doesn't seem likely. :/

It does feel like maybe that little splurge of companion episodes was to balance this. A small arc with just Ash and Team Rocket would be interesting, though granted it would have worked a lot better if many of those episodes had offered proper development for the companions to pick up the slack before this, since a short hiatus isn't really what they need right now.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly I'll be skipping this entire arc if the companions are completely absent from it. It's really bad writing to not focus on the other main characters that need it when Ash and Team Rocket have had alot of focus episodes from the past series. I also just don't care for Ash and Team Rocket since they are clearly going nowhere and are stuck in a never-ending cycle for all eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.