• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 10th: SM74 - This Tough Old Geezer's the Island King?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
So, guys, what UlaUla trial do you guys think Ash will do? Electric or Ghost?
I guess ash will do the ghost one, while sophocles will do the electric one!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I sincerely doubt that considering how much of Ula Ula island they have left it wouldn't make sense to the Grand trial right away, and considering while the Kahunas are able to modify their rules that being said we still had cases where Ash had to do a trial before he could do the Grand trial for the island, so if anything I think it's likely that Ash is going too do at least one trial before the Ula Ula Grand trial. Heck if anything Nanu might actually want Ash to do 2 trials before facing him.

Or like the game they can have the proof of his worthiness be Ash and the gang helping that one town with TS. Nanu does definitely seem like one of these characters who can't be bothered though. It even happened in the game where he just gave you the flower or ribbon or whatever it was cuz he couldn't be bothered to battle you.

ShadowForce720

Or like the game they can have the proof of his worthiness be Ash and the gang helping that one town with TS. Nanu does definitely seem like one of these characters who can't be bothered though. It even happened in the game where he just gave you the flower or ribbon or whatever it was cuz he couldn't be bothered to battle you.

You do realize in the game you still had to beat 2 island trial before you were able to challenge and beat Nanu, and the whole grand trial battle was like literally the very last thing you did on Ula Ula Island before heading over to Poni island. I really don't think there going to have Ash just skip a trial and go to the Ula Ula Grand Trial right away like your trying to suggest. I do think that Ash will probably wind up doing at the very least 1 trial before doing the Grand trial, or Nanu could always make him do 2 Trials. Also in regards to him giving you the flower petal in the games it was dependent on which version you had in the Ultra Sun he didn't battle you because he just battled Hau prior and didn't want to have to do another battle, while in Ultra Moon you got there before Hau and had to actually battle Nanu for the flower petal.

In all honestly despite Nanu at sometimes seeming lazy I really don't think he is just going to give Ash a free pass and allow him to do the Grand trial right away, if anything I think it's more likely that if he doesn't make Ash do one trial before facing the Grand trial it's because he is going to make Ash do two trials before facing the Grand trial.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You do realize in the game you still had to beat 2 island trial before you were able to challenge and beat Nanu, and the whole grand trial battle was like literally the very last thing you did on Ula Ula Island before heading over to Poni island. I really don't think there going to have Ash just skip a trial and go to the Ula Ula Grand Trial right away like your trying to suggest. I do think that Ash will probably wind up doing at the very least 1 trial before doing the Grand trial, or Nanu could always make him do 2 Trials. Also in regards to him giving you the flower petal in the games it was dependent on which version you had in the Ultra Sun he didn't battle you because he just battled Hau prior and didn't want to have to do another battle, while in Ultra Moon you got there before Hau and had to actually battle Nanu for the flower petal.

In all honestly despite Nanu at sometimes seeming lazy I really don't think he is just going to give Ash a free pass and allow him to do the Grand trial right away, if anything I think it's more likely that if he doesn't make Ash do one trial before facing the Grand trial it's because he is going to make Ash do two trials before facing the Grand trial.

You do realize none of that was dependent on Nanu right?? He didn't send you to do those trials, hell you didn't even know he was the trail giver until right before you left the island. This is why the anime is different, they can have any number of things qualify Ash to challenge him because unlike the games, the anime isn't treating them as a necessity.

nickdt

So, guys, what UlaUla trial do you guys think Ash will do? Electric or Ghost?

I think Ash will do Electric and Team Rocket (Jessie) will do Ghost. There is a reason they get the Z-Ring now and not earlier.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think Ash will do Electric and Team Rocket (Jessie) will do Ghost. There is a reason they get the Z-Ring now and not earlier.
What's the point of Ash doing the Electric Trial when he already has the Electruim-Z?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
What's the point of Ash doing the Electric Trial when he already has the Electruim-Z?

If Team Rocket can get the Darkinium Z from Totem Alolan Raticate, then Ash should be able to get Buginium Z or Steelium Z from Totem Vikavolt/Togedemaru.

Heck, Tapu Koko outright switched out the Fightinium Z he was supposed to be receive for an Electrium Z. The writers aren't limited by what the games do.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If Team Rocket can get the Darkinium Z from Totem Alolan Raticate, then Ash should be able to get Buginium Z or Steelium Z from Totem Vikavolt/Togedemaru.

Heck, Tapu Koko outright switched out the Fightinium Z he was supposed to be receive for an Electrium Z. The writers aren't limited by what the games do.
Your point??? Tapu Koko isn't on Ula Ula Island to switch Ash's Z-crystal. Only thing is that if the Totem Vikavolt/Togedemaru Trial is changed into a Steel/Bug type Trial. But nickdt didn't mean that, as he said 'Electric Trial' in his post to which I replied to?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Maybe we just had to wait longer for Soph's and Mallow's development and it is coming up soon. We know Mallow gets some focus, or at least an episode about her fam jam... so maybe Molayne has a surprise for Soph? It would only make sense that they ALL get z-rings by the end of the series due to the games and them all being captains, so I hope they go with that.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I think Ash and Sophocles will do the Electric trial together, with Ash doing most of it, but giving the newly-won Electrium Z to Sophocles. Molayne watches it happening and gives Ash the Steelium Z instead.

Jessie will do the Ghost trial and will win Ghostium Z, which I guess would be their last Z-crystal. Maybe Meowth will use Darkinium Z and Mimikyu Ghostium Z. Maaaaybe Mareanie will get Poisonium Z.

I could also see Nanu accepting to do the Grand Trial only after Ash helps him defeat Team Skull. That could be part of the 'trial'. The writers have been taking liberties with the whole island challenge system anyway.

In any case, this episode will only be an introduction. Considering we never saw Hala on a poster but Nanu was, I think Nanu will be in for quite a while. Hopefully that means we get a decently long Team Skull arc.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Most likely, Ash will battle Totem Togedemaru and win the Steelium-Z, and that will be the end of it.

Soph doesn't even have a Z-Ring, nor has he shown any interest in owning one. I doubt he's going to get an Electrium-Z, especially considering Ash already has one, and if Kiawe was the reason Ash didn't get the Firium-Z, it would stand to reason Ash would be the reason Sophocles doesn't get an Electrium-Z.

I guess I could see Team Rocket doing the Ghost Trial and obtaining the Ghostium-Z, but a part of me also thinks three Mimikyu in the anime is a bit overkill and that Totem Mimikyu just might not show up like the Totems Salazzle and Araquanid.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I see literally no point in Ash doing the Electric trial. I say Sophocles does the trial and gets the Electrium Z while at the same time bonding and proving himself to his cousin. His cousin can just give Ash the Steelium Z like in the games.

Master Pikachu 11

You do realize none of that was dependent on Nanu right?? He didn't send you to do those trials, hell you didn't even know he was the trail giver until right before you left the island. This is why the anime is different, they can have any number of things qualify Ash to challenge him because unlike the games, the anime isn't treating them as a necessity.

That still doesn’t change the fact that you still had to do those trials before you could take him on. Just because the anime can sometimes change things up and be a little different doesn’t mean that they are going to change up the main battles because they promote the games. That is the only reason the anime exists to promote the games and if the anime didn’t care then they would have made Ash take on anime only gyms instead of gyms that actually appear in the games in past series’s. The first two grand trials made Ash have to take on a Totem before taking on the Kahuna. What makes Nanu so special that you could just go and take him on without proving your worthiness against a Totem first. I just don’t see them decide to completely ignore the trials, and just allow Ash to just take on the Kahuna without proving himself first. I mean the entire reason for Ash to do the trial in the first place is to earn Z crystals.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
except that sm35 literally only happened because it was a necessity, olivia told ash he needed to do a trial to be able to face the grand trial

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I see literally no point in Ash doing the Electric trial. I say Sophocles does the trial and gets the Electrium Z while at the same time bonding and proving himself to his cousin. His cousin can just give Ash the Steelium Z like in the games.

After the good-old fashioned gym battle-style fight he puts you through.. Probably the reason why I liked that fight a lot more than the forced Trials..

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
No doubt this is the debut of Nanu—finally! I'm looking forward to seeing how the begrudged police officer is portrayed in the anime and if he gives as little a crap as possible, just like his game counterpart. I would like the writers to follow the same pattern they did with Hala and Olivia, and Nanu's introduction episode isn't the same episode in which Ash takes on his Grand Trial. I think it would be a little more interesting to get to know Nanu as a character, even a little bit, before Ash battles him (because once Ash battles him, his primary purpose in the series is done).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That still doesn’t change the fact that you still had to do those trials before you could take him on. Just because the anime can sometimes change things up and be a little different doesn’t mean that they are going to change up the main battles because they promote the games. That is the only reason the anime exists to promote the games and if the anime didn’t care then they would have made Ash take on anime only gyms instead of gyms that actually appear in the games in past series’s. The first two grand trials made Ash have to take on a Totem before taking on the Kahuna. What makes Nanu so special that you could just go and take him on without proving your worthiness against a Totem first. I just don’t see them decide to completely ignore the trials, and just allow Ash to just take on the Kahuna without proving himself first. I mean the entire reason for Ash to do the trial in the first place is to earn Z crystals.

Yes but what I'm saying is that Nanu wasn't the own who made you do the trials, the game forced you too. In the anime, it seems to be up to the Kahuna's discretion hence why two of the Akala trails were skipped by Ash and he only needed to do one. I'm not saying Ash won't do a trail, just saying that he's probably not gonna do all of them.

As far as z crystals, the only benefit of doing the trials on this island is if Rowlet evolves and he gets the Ghostium Z for Decidueye. He gains nothing from the electric trail unless they use said trails to evolve Torracat into Incineroar.

except that sm35 literally only happened because it was a necessity, olivia told ash he needed to do a trial to be able to face the grand trial

What I mean is that all the trails are not being treated the same way as gym battles were in the past, Ash isn't taking all of them on. At this point, the Kahuna battles=gym battles, and the trials are just treated as pre cursors that he could do if he wants to and if he needs to.

After the good-old fashioned gym battle-style fight he puts you through.. Probably the reason why I liked that fight a lot more than the forced Trials..

Hehe, totally forgot about battling him. Ya, so Ash can battle him for the crystal then.

nickdt

Yes but what I'm saying is that Nanu wasn't the own who made you do the trials, the game forced you too. In the anime, it seems to be up to the Kahuna's discretion hence why two of the Akala trails were skipped by Ash and he only needed to do one. I'm not saying Ash won't do a trail, just saying that he's probably not gonna do all of them.

As far as z crystals, the only benefit of doing the trials on this island is if Rowlet evolves and he gets the Ghostium Z for Decidueye. He gains nothing from the electric trail unless they use said trails to evolve Torracat into Incineroar.

What I mean is that all the trails are not being treated the same way as gym battles were in the past, Ash isn't taking all of them on. At this point, the Kahuna battles=gym battles, and the trials are just treated as pre cursors that he could do if he wants to and if he needs to.

Hehe, totally forgot about battling him. Ya, so Ash can battle him for the crystal then.

At this point, i seriously doubt Rowlets gonna evolve, especially taking in mind that Popularity Poll, which makes the Ghostium Z redundant, unless Ash gets Ghost Oriciorio or Dhelmise. Ash will do the Steel/Electric trial with Totem Togedemaru supervised by Molayne and he gets to make a choice between Electrium and Steelium Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.