• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 11th: SM26 - Farewell, Māmane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Yep! About 99.9% sure now that Sophocles is leaving! Hardly any doubts in my mind after seeing the preview! I don't think that part 'things take a shocking turn' means much. Goodbye Sophocles! :D. Pikachu-Togedemaru chemistry so nice though! Will miss it!.:(

I'm part of the .1%. We'll have a better idea next Wednesday.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

That's why I said 99.9% and not 100%. :p The indication in the preview is pretty clear though!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Is that when the next preview is? I thought those were on Sundays. Or do you mean the voice cast for SM27?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Regardless of whether or not Sophocles actually leaves, this promises to be an emotional, if not outright heart-wrenching, episode. I felt so sorry for Sophocles, what with the way he was sobbing at the end of the preview. :( This also promises to be a good character development episode (which Sophocles desperately needs); Sophocles seems to have some insecurities about how his friends feel about him, if that fantasy of them turning their noses up at him is any indication.

I still don't think Sophocles is leaving (even though the preview makes it a little more ambiguous). However, if I'm wrong and it turns out he is leaving, then I hope there is a very good reason for it.

TheWanderingMist

Regardless of whether or not Sophocles actually leaves, this promises to be an emotional, if not outright heart-wrenching, episode. I felt so sorry for Sophocles, what with the way he was sobbing at the end of the preview. :( This also promises to be a good character development episode (which Sophocles desperately needs); Sophocles seems to have some insecurities about how his friends feel about him, if that fantasy of them turning their noses up at him is any indication.

I still don't think Sophocles is leaving (even though the preview makes it a little more ambiguous). However, if I'm wrong and it turns out he is leaving, then I hope there is a very good reason for it.

I'm hoping this'll turn out to be a temporary leave like Clemont. After all, we got some good focus episodes during Clemont's short absence. However, I'm still on the boat that this is all a big misunderstanding.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Not just Sophocles, but Lana too. The preview shows that she seems to be the most understanding out of the rest of the group and it seems that she actually gets Sophocles to open up about his insecurities. I actually find this pretty surprising since their dynamics usually consist of Lana being snarky and satirical towards him (similar to Misty towards Brock or how Iris treated Cilan)

Also, I can't help but feel that the fantasy with Mallow, Kiawe, & Lillie reflects the fandom's general feelings towards Sophocles

Last edited:

LagMaster

Nice, It looks like everyone gets emotional. Hope all those feelings are not a waste if he doesn't leave in the end. But I wonder what they are doing on a roof. And it also looks like we could get some good development for him, which I wasn't expecting.

Spyro39

Nice, It looks like everyone gets emotional. Hope all those feelings are not a waste if he doesn't leave in the end. But I wonder what they are doing on a roof. And it also looks like we could get some good development for him, which I wasn't expecting.

Although everyone might get emotional in this episode, it really wouldn't be a waste if Sophocles leaves considering how much the others care about him as their friend. Just imagine if the ending turns out that Sophocles isn't moving away or is moving away but not far away to leave his friends for good. Everyone may get emotionally happy, which shows their close friendship with him.

the shocking turn is Sophocles and Lana get together, as Sophocles is about to go down the escalator, he shockingly turns back to Lana and gives her a smootch, assumingly, as it only shows their feet get closer together. Then he shockingly turns away and heads down the escalator.
c

Everyone watching looks shocked as well, especially Ash, who might experience deja vu by remembering a certain someone... Sophocles then says thank you to Lana, and everyone waves him goodbye.

Last edited:

Abzu

Personally I think he is moving away but Ash will see him again if he goes to Ula-Ula Island... to me it seems like the most likely outcome.

And who know, maybe that Sophocles is gone someone like Hau or Ilima could take his place.

desdar300

Sounds like a " Dear Negative Readers" episode and tbh it's probably going to do wonders for Soph's character.
The preview alone shows that he has a lot of insecurities about himself

TheWanderingMist

Sounds like a " Dear Negative Readers" episode and tbh it's probably going to do wonders for Soph's character.
The preview alone shows that he has a lot of insecurities about himself

It does kind of sound like one...but they produce these episodes way in advance and I'm pretty sure they don't actually read fan forums, and if they do read them, only the Japanese ones.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
>Moving in Pokemon is an emotional thing, when one can catch like an Abra to Teleport instantly

Nobody can't catch a troll like Abra without extremely complicated methods

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'd love for this episode to feature and confirm Sophocles' insecurities. It'll give him a lot more character than he got from his first focus episode where we only learned that he's afraid of the dark. Maybe he's self aware of his unpopularity and feels insecure about himself either being hated by his classmates or forgotten since he doesn't do much and try to act like he's confident and all knowing.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Not just Sophocles, but Lana too. The preview shows that she seems to be the most understanding out of the rest of the group and it seems that she actually gets Sophocles to open up about his insecurities. I actually find this pretty surprising since their dynamics usually consist of Lana being snarky and satirical towards him (similar to Misty towards Brock or how Iris treated Cilan)

Also, I can't help but feel that the fantasy with Mallow, Kiawe, & Lillie reflects the fandom's general feelings towards Sophocles

Probably because Lana is usually by herself as well

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Sophocles looked so tearful in the preview and how everyone was with him to give him a farewell. I dunno if he's really leaving or not, but I'm just glad that Sophocles is getting an episode where he isn't being overshadowed by others. :3

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
After seeing the first preview, I really do empathize for Mamane. It does look like he is feeling depressed about his situation and insecure about himself. If he does indeed leave, then so be it. Would it be temporary? They could pull a Clemont and have him leave the cast for 3 episodes. If this is a permanent leave, would the writers regret it later or would it be the best to make this decision moving forward? At least we would be able to see more character from him other than he was afraid of the dark in SM6.

Status
Not open for further replies.