• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 12th: SM121 - Mao's Valiant Effort! The Forest Pokémon Café!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Better address the elephant in the room: why don't we don't know who is voicing Oranguru?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh, Olivia's here. Guess Mallow's getting an Akala Z-Ring from her.

I wonder if they'll reference the SM game ending scene where Olivia eats Mallow's cooking and likes it.

Better address the elephant in the room: why don't we don't know who is voicing Oranguru?

They changed his voice, obviously. Guess they're gonna use stock voice clips like with Charjabug and Charizard.

TEAM ROCKET AGAIN IN A MALLOW EPISODE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

The preview doesn't even mention them being up to antics like it usually does. For all we know, they could just be one of the guests

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I wonder if they'll reference the SM game ending scene where Olivia eats Mallow's cooking and likes it.

Maybe that's the reason they choose Olivia as the Kahuna Mallow will receive her Z-Ring from.

The preview doesn't even mention them being up to antics like it usually does. For all we know, they could just be one of the guests

Even if they scheme to capture Tapu Koko I'm sure Bewear will swoop in and drag them away.

DatsRight

Oy.....I just hope they don't have TR butt into this one. Mallow really needs what is likely her last limelight episode to demonstrate her in full.

Besides that I really don't want her getting a Z Ring as a reward for just beating up Meowth again (after Oranguru held him down for her of course :p). Just let her do something creative with what is supposed to be her proper niche for once.

As maybe minor comic relief drowning their sorrows at the bar, that could be fun.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh come on, can't Mallow have one episode without the TRio? Further proof they don't care enough to try and put an effort into her. -.-

DatsRight

Plus she really needs more time with Shaymin. Their last episode did an okay job despite being a TR episode, but I want her to get more central stage and agency with her freaking mythical besides beating up the jobber bad guys.

I mean come on, Meltan's been with Ash for less than ten episodes and already surpassed them in terms of development.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
With both Oranguru and Tapu Koko, Mallow has an equal chance of getting the Psychic or Fairy Z-Crystals.

I'm hoping that both Tsareena and Shaymin learn Dazzling Gleam so that they can train together.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ugh, Tsareena better whoop TR's butt here, let her at least best them since she's not allowed to really battle.

DatsRight

Ugh, Tsareena better whoop TR's butt here, let her at least best them since she's not allowed to really battle.

Can it at least be a 'not so harmless' battle with their main Pokemon or a mech which challenges Mallow and offers some development for the league if so? Not ANOTHER one sided beating against Meowth?

I mean I struggle to think how TR can actually be a threat with Oranguru, Olivia AND Tapu Koko there, but come on. Let's not have another Pokegirl that becomes a good battler through completely effortless TR curbstomps.

p96822

Evolve me please
I guess Team Rocket is not gonna to cause trouble for Mallow this time.

Which make this episode more of Mallow serving everyone then after serving Tapu Koko she get a Z Crystal of all her hard work plus with Olivia there she can give the Z Ring to Mallow.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I just hope they do something entertaining with Mallow's actual cooking this time, like actually use her Pokemon's abilities in a clever way. Given how many COTD applied this in a quirky way, Mallow has been really lacking.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hapu, Hala, and Olivia have all appeared lately. Hope that means best Kahuna appears soon!

Hopefully the TRio really are just customers and just have friendly interaction with Mallow. I love when they appear and don't do anything for the sake of drama, but the past three sagas have been really short on that.

DatsRight

Hapu, Hala, and Olivia have all appeared lately. Hope that means best Kahuna appears soon!

Hopefully the TRio really are just customers and just have friendly interaction with Mallow. I love when they appear and don't do anything for the sake of drama, but the past three sagas have been really short on that.

Yeah, I mean you could sort of get it with BW and XY since they wanted to take themselves more seriously, and BW actually had TR as a serious threat for a change. SM however is primarily comedic, you'd think they'd thrive on having them do more tongue in cheek stuff with the twerps, but there's only really been a handful of episodes that have capitalised on them having ANY sort of funny chemistry, most of them only from Ultra Legends.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Meowth is obviously only there to help translate what every single pokemon says as he usually shows up in episodes where poke translation helps if he isn't causing trouble primarily.

I'm excited for this episode to be honest, going to see a lot of different pokemon show on in the restaurant and we know there's a surprise at the end waiting for us so that's great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.