• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 12th: XY&Z026 - Rival Showdown! Ash VS Shota!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
"As Ash and his friends head towards Snowbelle City to get the final gym badge, they once again meet Shota at a Pokémon Center along the way. Shota, who greatly admires Ash, tells them that he has worked hard towards the single goal of catching up with Ash, and has already collected the badges. Ash decides to have a 3-on-3 battle with Shota to test how strong he has become, but...?"

-------
POKEMON FAN:

http://i.imgur.com/0Up0Voq.jpg

BATTLE 3: SHOTA & SCEPTILE

Shota looks up to Ash and has assembled experience from lots of battles. He has had Ash as his goal for some time now, and is challenging him to a third battle!!

In their last battle...
Ash and Greninja won!
Shota's Sceptile fought with an advantage, but Ash Greninja still defeated it with a single blow.

"I will surpass Ash one day!"

How will this episode's battle go?
Shota's strategy is well thought out and executed!!
Shota, who has researched Ash as much as possible, proposes a 3-on-3 match. But will his strategy work out!?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can't wait to see Sawyer get creamed again. Hopefully Noivern's allowed to take one of the wins.

ssquaderi

Sawyer's line-up is Sceptile, Doublade and Clawitzer
I wonder what Ash will use, only Greninja is confirmed... Hawlucha has missed out on a lot of focus lately, so, he'll probably battle too, the other one should be Noivern but could easily be Pikachu too :/

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Sawyer's line-up is Sceptile, Doublade and Clawitzer
I wonder what Ash will use, only Greninja is confirmed... Hawlucha has missed out on a lot of focus lately, so, he'll probably battle too, the other one should be Noivern but could easily be Pikachu too :/

Maybe Noivern will be in this battle since Hawlucha is set to battle against Wulfric in Snowbelle City Gym?

I am honestly worried about this whole Shota and Ash dynamics. If Shota keeps losing like this, then we are almost certain that he will stop Ash from winning in the conference. I am still hoping that they will meet one last time before the conference, and that is with Mega Sceptile crushing Ash-Greninja for good. This will give them a lot intensity and reason in their conference battle, which is honestly something I am excited about.

ssquaderi

Even if Shota continuously gets smashed, I still don't think he'll beat Ash at the league, he's yet to even knockout one of Ash's Pokemon in 3 battles, the best he could do was have a last bout where he loses just slightly, another factor for this would be the fact that for Kalos League to really stand out and be as good as the Sinnoh League, he needs to call on his reserves, and he wouldn't use his reserves in a battle against Sawyer/Shota, then again Ash could be like Paul this season, know exactly which 6 Pokemon Sawyer will use and have counters for each...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Even though it won't happen, please use Talonflame against Doublade Ash, seriously he never does anything outside of gyms.

Also I'm gonna crack up when Clawitzer get's one hit KO'd by a Thunderbolt.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
A Clawitzer? Oh, hello.

I suspect Pikachu vs Doublade is going to happen again, I'd like Noivern to be Clawitzer's opponent.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I really hope Ash losses this one, cause I woyldn't see the purpose of Shoota and this rivalry if Ash wins all the time.
I would like a 3 round battle. The one who first wins 2 rounds wins.
Ash should use Greninja, Noivern & Hawlucha.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ash-Greninja is looking to be up there with Charizard! Hot damn!

Xuxuba

Yeah, if Shota loses, and he probably will, then he is going to beat Ash in the League.
I'm fine with that, i'm tired of Ash being the underdog who beats his rival at the League. At least they changed things a little bit.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Shouta's fifth friend is a Bloster, not bad. Not bad at all, I like that line. It also have a really good ability, Mega Launcher, which soups up "aura and pulse" moves. It's a cool heavy-hitter at the least, I do hope we at least get to see Shouta make good use of these Pokemon and they aren't continuously one-shotted / two-shotted with no struggle. Jukain, Komoru, Hitotsuki, Peroream, and Bloster. We just need to see his sixth member, maybe he'll even utilize rotation and catch more than six Pokemon. I'm glad he's finally getting an episode for himself, on his own, I've been waiting the longest for one just devoted to him but not Flare or Alan also. I'm hoping they take the time to flesh him out a bit and give us more insight on him, really just take their time showcasing his development / growth. I just want more "to" Shouta so to speak, just give him "more ump" so to speak so I can get more into his character. He's missing a bit but doesn't come off as that super empty, he just needs way more layers to him.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He's going to put the champion into a corner in the previous episode so how is Sawyer even going to improve and beat him?

Because the writers have the power to make Ash lose however they want. Ash is not winning the league. Plus I'm betting that that summary in the previous episode means that Ash only gets an upper hand for a second but loses or the Battle gets unresolved.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm glad he's finally getting an episode for himself, on his own, I've been waiting the longest for one just devoted to him but not Flare or Alan also. I'm hoping they take the time to flesh him out a bit and give us more insight on him, really just take their time showcasing his development / growth. I just want more "to" Shouta so to speak, just give him "more ump" so to speak so I can get more into his character. He's missing a bit but doesn't come off as that super empty, he just needs way more layers to him.

I gave up on this long ago. The only characters the writers and executives care about is how many zeros come after their next paycheck.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
He's going to put the champion into a corner in the previous episode so how is Sawyer even going to improve and beat him?

Um, the champion could always just have both Mega Evolve/Matix Evolve at once like the Ash vs Alain battle. It's not that hard to believe that she's just testing him.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I gave up on this long ago. The only characters the writers and executives care about is how many zeros come after their next paycheck.
I just want some reason to get more invested in these characters at all. I really just want them to take their time to at least get Shouta somewhat on course with being a character. We know his past, his motivations for what he does, but after his first appearances he's just been missing that part of him. I want more just regular talks of what's important to him, I want to see him actually come off as somewhat viable as a battler, I want just him to be established and have his development validated and reaffirmed. It's not hard and it wouldn't take long, man I'm starting to buy into the theory that Shouta only exists to flop to Satoshi like Citron did. It doesn't have to be the "end-all, be-all SHOUTA IS BETTA THAN SATOSHI!!111" thing, it can be the first stepping stone he takes toward being a better trainer / person, a.k.a actual development.

Then again I'm used to XY mangling its rivals into nothing but pointless fodder / tools to showcase...how much better the main characters are, especially after Millefeui and Nene having paper thin characters.

Last edited:
Um, the champion could always just have both Mega Evolve/Matix Evolve at once like the Ash vs Alain battle. It's not that hard to believe that she's just testing him.

Pokémon Fan makes it seem like Diantha isn't just kidding around, since it is explicitly said Ash-Greninja ends up backing her and Gardevoir into a corner to the point she initiates Mega Evolution.

I seriously want people to STOP DOWNPLAYING ASH'S ABILITIES ALREADY.

Can you blame them? One minute Pikachu's slaying fools and the next it's getting slapped around by a newly obtained Snivy..

Status
Not open for further replies.