• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 12th: XY&Z026 - Rival Showdown! Ash VS Shota!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Considering how they ended last episode I kind of doubt that there will be any sort of disobedience by Greninja towards Ash in this episode as I seem to recall someone saying. He still appears to be committed, and content, to doing this with Ash. The shocked expressions of Ash and Sawyer would appear like they're related to Greninja's speed up during what I think is Aerial Ace, what that means could be a few things.

ugotmybeef

expecting Shota to use his death note to win.

original.jpg

diakyu

Aggggh I see you snowy mountains in the background of the preview. Why anime team, why.

PAndrews

Yes. He hasn't shown any semblance of strength in what Ash has 'taught' him.

The fact that he surpassed Ash and got the Iceberg Badge already (possibly without a rematch) could be a huge hint at the League outcome.

You could also say that Ash overpowering both Alain and the champ and only losing due to fainting is a bigger hint at the League outcome.

Seriously, you can't have him winning before those fights end prematurely to suddenly losing to the kid he literally destroyed in every battle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Shota got 8 only because he pulled a Gary and got mostly non-canon badges

Late to jab this response, but lol.. I remember a few guys arguing that Sawyer can't be on the same level as Ash because of him getting anime-exclusive badges and those "supposedly" have to be assumed that they have weaker gymleaders then the ones Ash faces.. Yet he only has three.. And based on design (Fire, Flying, Water), he'd have had a rough time against those if he just used Sceptile.

Aggggh I see you snowy mountains in the background of the preview. Why anime team, why.

Because they're close to Winterfell? I mean Snowbelle?

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah this definitely proves it.

Last time we saw Sawyer he had 5 badges, during that time to now Sawyer got 3 badges while Ash got zero. And with the iceberg badge no less.

Clearly anyone who thinks Ash's traveling companions, Team Rocket, random fillers aren't at least partially to blame for Ash's lack of progress can now be shown this.

I like this. We actually have a valid reason for Ash when he seems weak now in comparison to other characters.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Sawyer having 8 badges at this point is no surprise to me. What surprises me though, is that he managed to get the Snowbelle Gym's badge, as well Olympia's. I suppose the kid is starting to finally become a threat for Ash, huh?

RandomIndividual

FinallyGainedEXP
I like this. We actually have a valid reason for Ash when he seems weak now in comparison to other characters.

It definitely makes sense, especially with episode 16 where Satoshi prioritizes Serena's tripokalon over his gym battle, and while Team Rocket are certainly, uh... experience, they're not good experience.

Haunter ゴースト

It definitely makes sense, especially with episode 16 where Satoshi prioritizes Serena's tripokalon over his gym battle, and while Team Rocket are certainly, uh... experience, they're not good experience.

Essentially.

I'm actually pleased Shota's doing better because i really hope he wins here so Ash can defeat him at the League. If Ash wins again, i think it's set in stone that Shota will be the one to knock him out of the League.

ssquaderi

Going on with my first post in the Kalos Speculation thread, I believe that Ash will beat Shota at the league but Mega Sceptile will get the win over Ash Greninja, in this battle, all I want is a completed battle, with Ash not fainting. From the preview, maybe a possible new move for Greninja and also a new move and/or win for Noivern.

diakyu

Because they're close to Winterfell? I mean Snowbelle?
Snowbelle isn't a town that experiences snowfall, the ice leaks out from the gym. That's why none of the routes around it are snow routes.

STICKTOPIA

As much as I don't like seeing noivern getting losses like this, I will feel better if ash loses in this episode and I will have less fear of sawyer beating him in the league. What I don't like is how sawyer got all 8 badges when ash was ahead of hit. Ash needs to step up his game now and also needs a sixth Pokemon.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Based on the current info we have, plus the fact that we don't get a glimpse of Ash-Greninja makes me wonder about a couple of things.

One, both Ash and Greninja are wearing their battle pulse bracelets, but we don't see even a glimpse of Greninja transforming. Why? He did so last time against Sceptile, what makes this any different?

Answer: The risk. Ash doesn't seem to care too much about taking the after effect of fainting during battle, but I'm sure Greninja doesn't want that for his trainer. This is going to lead up to the inevitable 'conflict' between these two. Ash thinks Greninja is trying to do his own thing, while he's really just trying to avoid overexerting his trainer.

Second thing here is Ash losing. Yes, he's going to lose. It's obvious at this point that Sawyer has done a great deal of training since he last met up with Ash, especially with getting the Psychic, Fairy, and Iceberg badges. So with the 3-on-3 setup we have, it's no surprise that he has the clear advantage, both in typing and strength. But the big factor that I believe will make Ash lose all three battles is the fact that Greninja won't transform.

Aside from that, nice to see Xerosic doing something interesting here. Tensions for the final battle are steadily rising, and I can't wait!

RandomIndividual

FinallyGainedEXP
Based on the current info we have, plus the fact that we don't get a glimpse of Ash-Greninja makes me wonder about a couple of things.

One, both Ash and Greninja are wearing their battle pulse bracelets, but we don't see even a glimpse of Greninja transforming. Why? He did so last time against Sceptile, what makes this any different?

Answer: The risk. Ash doesn't seem to care too much about taking the after effect of fainting during battle, but I'm sure Greninja doesn't want that for his trainer. This is going to lead up to the inevitable 'conflict' between these two. Ash thinks Greninja is trying to do his own thing, while he's really just trying to avoid overexerting his trainer.

Second thing here is Ash losing. Yes, he's going to lose. It's obvious at this point that Sawyer has done a great deal of training since he last met up with Ash, especially with getting the Psychic, Fairy, and Iceberg badges. So with the 3-on-3 setup we have, it's no surprise that he has the clear advantage, both in typing and strength. But the big factor that I believe will make Ash lose all three battles is the fact that Greninja won't transform.

Aside from that, nice to see Xerosic doing something interesting here. Tensions for the final battle are steadily rising, and I can't wait!
Did anyone else hear a slew of raging fans, or was that just me?

...XD No, but seriously, nice theory! I hope Satoshi will at least put up a good fight. He's probably so used to Greninja syncing by now that he keeps waiting for it to happen and he doesn't, which throws off his potential strategy (not that he's expecting Greninja to sync with him every battle, but yeah).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Because Greninja only transforms when he's in a bind or needs more power. The only scenes we've seen of him here, he isn't even struggling so it wouldn't make sense to see him transform.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Wow Sawyer got the Iceberg Badge?! I guess he really is going to be a challenge now..! That's worrying now since it seems his goal is Ash more than the league, even if he defeats Ash here, he's going to have a strategy against Ash at the league, maybe with Mega Sceptile and Lightning Rod too.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Ash needs to be perfect the Ash-Greninja form and learn how to use it smartly. I think Sawyer would make a comeback at the league if he loses here.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Because Greninja only transforms when he's in a bind or needs more power. The only scenes we've seen of him here, he isn't even struggling so it wouldn't make sense to see him transform.

We haven't seen the full battle get played out yet, so maybe there will be a struggle, but Greninja isn't willing to sync up with Ash in order to avoid the 'risk'. That being that Ash could potentially lose consciousness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.