• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 13th: PM2019 110 - The Traitorous Battle Royal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A new "Project Mew" mission leads Satoshi and Go to visit the Sea Kinsetsu in the Houen region. This time their mission is a survival game; they'll battle the other challengers inside, with only the last man standing being the winner. Go, who brings Inteleon with him, meets his friend Tokio again, but... Which of them will make it through this battle royal of schemes and betrayals?

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 佐々木純人 (Sumito Sasaki)
Animation Director 五十嵐俊介 (Shunsuke Igarashi)

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ooooh. A Traitorous Battle Royale? I wonder if Ash gets taken out early because he has the reputation of Alola League Champion and everyone teams up against him?

Or Incineroar gets mad because he's using Pikachu or something.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
So Ash VS Raihan is really going to be just one episode. Definitely lowering my expectations for that episode.

Hopefully Ash gets to use his Alolan team here.

ShadowForce720

You can’t have betrayal in the episode title and not have the Heel Pokémon have a big role in the episode. An Alola episode is bound to be great but will be even better if Incineroar gets focus here.
The thing is though we do see Pikachu using Iron Tail in the preview of upcoming episodes at what looks like the battle dome, so I hope that doesn’t mean that Pikachu is literally going to be the only Pokémon Ash is using here.

Especially when you consider that for the most part back during SM whenever Ash participated in a Royal Battle Royal he used his Litten/Torracat, so I hope we do see him use his Incineroar here.

Maybe Ash does use Pikachu here but it’s opponents cheats to win the match so Ash’s Incineroar jumps in to avenge Pikachu.

Heck imagine if Kukui gives Ash the Incinium-Z here and Ash winds up using it here.

Megapixel

So Ash VS Raihan is really going to be just one episode. Definitely lowering my expectations for that episode.

Hopefully Ash gets to use his Alolan team here.
for now we know that he will use pikachu, hopefully he will also use his alolan pokemon as you say, at least in this battle.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Ooooh. A Traitorous Battle Royale? I wonder if Ash gets taken out early because he has the reputation of Alola League Champion and everyone teams up against him?

Or Incineroar gets mad because he's using Pikachu or something.

I recall the common speculation was that Ash has become so famous as a powerful trainer, now recognized as part of the Master Rank class, that everyone in the Battle Royale team up to defeat Ash because they think he's too powerful. And I believe that is case.

Ash has been the underdog for so long that he doesn't realize he's no longer that underdog rookie anymore. He's a Champion, and Champions always invite challengers whether they like it or not. And it would be even worse if Ash still beats them anyways because it will show that he's a whole new level now.

Recall that Ash was eager to battle anyone who challenged him. Recall that he was always happy whenever he won. And recall that the battles were always exciting even if Ash is clearly favored to win. Now, those battles will end quickly because Ash has gotten that skilled at Pokémon Battles. Now, people don't battle Ash for fun anymore. They just want to win at any cost. And if they still lose, then what tension is there left? Who would give him the rush of excitement and push him to the limits?

He's starting to feel what Leon is feeling as Champion. The utter boredom of winning and never finding anyone worthy to fight. And he can't hold back or try to make it easy for his opponents. That's not pushing the opponents to their limits as well. Both have to give their all if he wants to feel the joy of battling. And there be the dilemma.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The thing is though we do see Pikachu using Iron Tail in the preview of upcoming episodes at what looks like the battle dome, so I hope that doesn’t mean that Pikachu is literally going to be the only Pokémon Ash is using here.

Especially when you consider that for the most part back during SM whenever Ash participated in a Royal Battle Royal he used his Litten/Torracat, so I hope we do see him use his Incineroar here.

Maybe Ash does use Pikachu here but it’s opponents cheats to win the match so Ash’s Incineroar jumps in to avenge Pikachu.

Heck imagine if Kukui gives Ash the Incinium-Z here and Ash winds up using it here.
Ah forgot about Pikachu. Maybe Incineroar and Pikachu are both used since they fought Kukui’s strongest Pokémon and Tapu Koko respectively. He does have his Z Ring in the preview and hoping it’s leading up to Malicious Moonsault.

Status
Not open for further replies.