• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 14th: PM2019 066 - Flabebe's White Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Why do I feel a sense of Deja Vu watching the preview of this episode?

Oh, because XY027 exists (I'm counting the postponed Dragalge episode as before this episode)

267px-XY027.png

Can Journeys please stop stealing plots?
There are literally over 1000 episodes of the anime so of course there are going to be repeated plots. Also this isn’t something unique to Journeys as the previous anime series reused plots as well.

Not only that the episode hasn’t even aired yet so we don’t know what the episode will actually be like as it could have some differences that haven’t been shown off yet.

And even if it doesn’t have significant differences so what? The whole plot of Flabebe losing it’s flower has only happened one time before unlike say the plot line Ash’s getting a Fire Starter that has been abandoned being used at least 3 different times.

Not to mention the whole repeating the badge quest plot line for 6 generations in a row.

ShadowForce720

This plot was used 2 seasons ago. Kind of too soon.
Again that is nothing compared to the fact they repeated the whole gym badge quest for 6 generations in a row. Not to also forget to mention the fact that they used the whole Ash gets a Fire Starter that’s been abandoned plot lines 3 different times and two times were in gen 4 and 5.

On top of that DP reused the whole Poké Ringer idea to evolve Staravia into Staraptor even thought they had just done that plot line with Taillow/Swellow in the previous generation.

Heck BW used the whole Disobedience plot line twice in the same generation even though that plot line has been used in the prior generation and in both those cases it was Ash’s female companion that had the disobedient Pokémon.

So no, this is not a problem unique to Journeys.

STICKTOPIA

Yup another episode I’m not going to even bother watching.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I like the Flabebe line (or, more accurately, Floette, since I babied mined in Y before I even knew about the whole thing with AZ), but Iris deserves more than one episode.

ShadowForce720

I like the Flabebe line (or, more accurately, Floette, since I babied mined in Y before I even knew about the whole thing with AZ), but Iris deserves more than one episode.
Just out of curiosity which form/Flower did you go with for your Flabebe/Floette and did you ever evolve it into a Florges?

Decidueye23

There are literally over 1000 episodes of the anime so of course there are going to be repeated plots. Also this isn’t something unique to Journeys as the previous anime series reused plots as well.

I feel like re using plotlines is fine but reusing plot lines with same pokemon with a slohhtly different setting is taking it a little too far.

Not to mention the whole repeating the badge quest plot line for 6 generations in a row.
Thats not a fair comparision. Its like saying every arc in naruto had ninja stuff. That was the premise of the anime and game. Besides its not like Ash kept fighting the same gym leaders with slightly different pokemon throughout the 6 generations was it?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just out of curiosity which form/Flower did you go with for your Flabebe/Floette and did you ever evolve it into a Florges?
It was either blue or yellow, though I'm leaning toward yellow. Shame there wasn't a purple flower version. As for evolving it, I didn't even know Floette existed before playing the game, so when Flabebe evolved, I was surprised. Then I found the Shiny Stone a few minutes later and thought to myself, "It's probably a stone evolution." I was right, so I saved the game, evolved her, decided I preferred Floette to Florges and reset the game to undo the evolution. Eventually I gave her the Eviolite and she was a powerhouse on my team for the rest of the playthrough, especially as a support against Drasna with Misty Terrain.

Also probably gonna be skipping through this episode. Its something I've been doing more recently in terms of these filler based episodes since they don't really seem to be offering anything exciting. I'm still not sure why they keep making fillers based on one of Gou's random catches...And then when it comes to Ash its yet another Pikachu-based filler. Is it really hard for them to create more fillers that involves Ash's other Pokemon? It's really upsetting since the lack of interaction between his other catches is jarring at this point. I mean sure we recently got the Dracovish filler many episodes after its catch but still...

And I love how the only time we DO see all of them together is just for a brief second in episodes where Ash battles against an old companion. (EX: Korrina, and the latest Iris episodes). Which is why for the millionth time, I'm sticking with my take that Ash shouldn't catch anymore Pokemon since they'll just be used mainly in battles and rarely see the light of day outside of said battles, with the occasional cameo appearance and such.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The absol episode was not the same as the AG episode and this probably won't be either even if the premise structure sounds the same. Can yall stop saying it's a bland copy before actually seeing the episode? It's like when people called ep30 a bland copy of ep29 or the absol episode a bland copy of AG episode even though both were wrong. And now coz 2 episode used similar premises from past in a 1K+ series but had a different story, suddenly Journeys rehases it's plots and is uncreative. Anipoke fandom shut up for once please, gosh
Bringing this back lol
"journeys stop reusing plotlines"
Shut up lmao. They literally haven't reused plotlines. The two episodes they were accused of doing that, ep30 was meant to be a callback to ep29 and totally different and ep64 was completely different from the plot of the absol episode in AG and considering this ep has no TR and has Florges, it's bound to be different too. The premise is same coz it features on the key characteristics of the main Pokémon they are focusing on? Give me a break. Literally every other series has had a worse case of reusing plotlines, journeys is absolutely fine in that regard. People just wanna hate on it for stupid dumb reasons now

AsH KetcHHup

This doesn't look like a copy. it's just something with a similar concept like the Absol episode. They're introducing a new COTD and travelling to Kalos. I mean what else are they supposed to do with a flower based pokemon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.