• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 17th: SM75 - Kapu-Bulul! Intense Slacker Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi has decided to get some training done during his journey, so he has Acerola, a girl he met on the island, guide him to the local guardian deity, the legendary Pokémon Kapu-Bulul. However...

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 傳沙織 (Saori Den)
Episode Director 傳沙織 (Saori Den)
Animation Director 一石小百合 (Sayuri Ichiishi)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rena Yamazaki)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So I guess this will be the Tapu Bulu focus episode, I guess Dusk Lycanroc will get some really good development here will very likely relate to Tapu Bulu. Just like we all know, how Rockruff got development out Tapu Lele which led to its evolution to Dusk Lycanroc. I expect something similar here.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
So tapu bulu is getting itsi own episode. I thought that shot from preview was just one or two second long clip from another episode. Looking forward to see what kind of training ash wants to do here. And it is confirmed that he is getting defeated in previous episode!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So tapu bulu is getting itsi own episode. I thought that shot from preview was just one or two second long clip from another episode. Looking forward to see what kind of training ash wants to do here. And it is confirmed that he is getting defeated in previous episode!
Um, but where it is confirmed that Ash is losing in the previous episode?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm going to guess that they go to see Tapu Bulu but is shown to be lazying around like its Pokedex entry says so thus Ash struggles to get training done because of Tapu Bulu's nature. That and trying to train Lycanroc as it probably loses to Nanu's Krookodile.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Um, but where it is confirmed that Ash is losing in the previous episode?
Not 100% confirmed. But the need of training might have arised because of his loss against Nanu. However it is also possible that the lycanroc just went out of control mid battle, so the battle couldn't finish. He is not winning the battle.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not 100% confirmed. But the need of training might have arised because of his loss against Nanu. However it is also possible that the lycanroc just went out of control mid battle, so the battle couldn't finish. He is not winning the battle.
Yeah, I guess it's confirmed that Ash isn't winning here, but not a loss or win is confirmed. Anyway I expect Dusk Lycanroc to get some development in this episode which will somehow relate to Tapu Bulu, just how Rockruff got development in SM37 which was related to Tapu Lele.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm with you on that, it's pretty safe to assume that he is going to lose, but still impress Nanu, with Lycanroc's crazy red-eye ability no doubt. But I have a feeling this will relate a bit to Ash's arc with mastering Ash-Greninja... they have to calm down and trust each other, or else they'll go out of control and Lycanroc will get wooped by skilled opponents who keep calm in battle.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah, as I thought, Lycanroc's rage probably costs Ash the match in the previous episode, and they undergo special training here.

Remix2

After being sidelined for about 20 episode lycanroc is finally getting some development. Should of been earlier, but atleast He getting something unlike a certain owl.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I wonder what Tapu Bulu's role is going to be in this arc.
I assume something similar to what role Tapu Lele played in SM37, playing a part in Dusk Lycanroc's development.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I assume something similar to what role Tapu Lele played in SM36, playing a part in Dusk Lycanroc's development.

I think it might ask Lycanroc for a battle and help it overcome and control the berserk state it enters. It watches the battle Ash probably loses against Nanu and decides to help.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Here we go Lycanroc-Z!
Glad Bulu gets to do something, though I'm not fond of two Tapu's roles revolving around the doggo. I was hoping it'd be different... better than being ignored I guess

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Good that in this episode Tapu Bulu is getting a more focused appearance in this episode. Perhaps it could get a Lycanium Z for Ash and help Lycanroc learn Stone Edge if the training pulls through.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm not sure if Lycanium-Z is happening there. From where with Tapu Bulu get it anyway? I expect the red-eyes thing to be sorted out here. I'm more inclined in believing that Ash Rockium-Z will temporarily upgrade to Lycanium-Z when the time/moment really comes, just like how 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt happened.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
After being sidelined for about 20 episode lycanroc is finally getting some development. Should of been earlier, but atleast He getting something unlike a certain owl.

You're forgetting the Incineroar episode, where Lycanroc was the reason Litten was given training to learn Flame Charge and thus evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.