• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 17th: SM75 - Kapu-Bulul! Intense Slacker Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p96822

Evolve me please
Move colours change sometimes and it looks similar to it. Either that or Outrage, Thrash, or Stomping Tantrum, even though Lycanroc doesn't look particularly angered like a Pokemon would while using Outrage.

They only change the look of Crush Claw in Pokemon XY and it has been consistent so far

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
They only change the look of Crush Claw in Pokemon XY and it has been consistent so far
It's only been used by two Pokemon, one of which is the evolved form of the other and Counter has 3/4 animations in SM, Ember's had 2 in SM, Bite has had 2 in SM. And that's just looking at some of the moves of Ash's current Pokemon.

DatsRight

I'm kinda hoping Lycanroc doesn't get Counter, because that's Wobbuffet's shtick (underused as it is this series).

Unless it made for some sort of rivalry like when Ilima's Smeargle Sketched it, which I suppose could give the guy some more limelight.

Zariful

So do we think Rowlet actually knows a new move here.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So do we think Rowlet actually knows a new move here.
Its still up for debate on whether its a new move or not (if it is, most likely it would be either 'Roost' or 'Rest', both move fit Rowlet's nature perfectly, and also matches the episode title).

Rowlet can learn a Ghost move whenever they feel like giving one to him.
There is another pokemon which can learn a Ghost type move, and doesn't have a specific Z-Move for itself. And that is Torracat, which can learn 'Shadow Claw'.

Zariful

I thinks
Its still up for debate on whether its a new move or not (if it is, most likely it would be either 'Roost' or 'Rest', both move fit Rowlet's nature perfectly, and also matches the episode title).

There is another pokemon which can learn a Ghost type move, and doesn't have a specific Z-Move for itself. And that is Torracat, which can learn 'Shadow Claw'.

I think Ash’s team can share crystals! Say Lycanroc doesn’t get Lycanium anytime soon. I think Lycanroc and Torracat can share Darkinium. I feel Torracat doesn’t need shadow claw if it learns a dark type move eventually. Ghost and Dark are super effective against the same things right?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kapu-Bulul apparently being lazy amuses me. It's my favorite island deity Pokemon, so I'm looking forward to seeing it help Satoshi, which is sure to lead to some wacky shenanigans.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't know why so much speculation is going about Rowlet learning a new move here. Isn't this episode supposed to be assigned for Lycanroc's development? I don't really see how anyone except Lycanroc getting an upgrade here would make much sense anyway.

ShadowForce720

I don't know why so much speculation is going about Rowlet learning a new move here. Isn't this episode supposed to be assigned for Lycanroc's development? I don't really see how anyone except Lycanroc getting an upgrade here would make much sense anyway.

Because the first preview for this episode shows Rowlet glowing, so it's quite possible that Rowlet may get a upgrade during this episode, so this episode maybe used to give both Rowlet and Lycanroc an upgrade.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Because the first preview for this episode shows Rowlet glowing, so it's quite possible that Rowlet may get a upgrade during this episode, so this episode maybe used to give both Rowlet and Lycanroc an upgrade.
Rowlet is very likely being attracted/enchanted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu like it always does with Bounsweet/Steenee. It's probably supposed to be something of that ilk. This episode is very likely supposed to be assigned for Dusk Lycanroc's development after the hard loss it suffered against Nanu so that it can be ready to star in the rematch vs Nanu. So there isn't much of a point in Rowlet getting an upgrade here.

ShadowForce720

Rowlet is very likely being attracted/enchanted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu like it always does with Bounsweet/Steenee. It's probably supposed to be something of that ilk. This episode is very likely supposed to be assigned for Dusk Lycanroc's development after the hard loss it suffered against Nanu so that it can be ready to star in the rematch vs Nanu. So there isn't much of a point in Rowlet getting an upgrade here.

Still the possibility of Rowlet getting an upgrade here can't be ruled out as it wouldn't be the first time people thought that something happening in the episode and it turned out to be something else for instance back in episode 18 when people saw light emitting from Bounsweet they thought that it was very likely Bounsweet using a new move or was just using a natural trait and then when the episode actually aired it turned out Bounsweet wound up evolving in the episode. So even if you think that oh it's very likely that Rowlet is being enchated/attracted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu that doesn't mean that's what's going on here.

Also it's pretty clear that you haven't watched the first preview for the episode because if you did you know it's not a case of oh Rowlet is being attracted/enchanted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu, for one Tapu Bulu can't learn any moves that would attract another pokemon, and 2 in the scene in the first preview of the episode that people are talking about it's very clear that Rowlet is asleep and is glowing, so in all honestly saying that oh well it's just because Rowlet is being attracted/enchanted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu doesn't make any sense.

Also just because the focus is mainly on Dusk Lycanroc in this episode and it's likely getting an upgrade that doesn't automatically mean that Rowlet can't get an upgrade in this episode as well. Now I'm not saying that it's a guarantee that Rowlet will get an upgrade here but it's certainly a possibility that can't be ruled out, as Sun and Moon has surprised us with things that have happened in there episodes before.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Also it's pretty clear that you haven't watched the first preview for the episode because if you did you know it's not a case of oh Rowlet is being attracted/enchanted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu, for one Tapu Bulu can't learn any moves that would attract another pokemon, and 2 in the scene in the first preview of the episode that people are talking about it's very clear that Rowlet is asleep and is glowing, so in all honestly saying that oh well it's just because Rowlet is being attracted/enchanted by the aroma of Tapu Bulu doesn't make any sense.

Tapu Bulu has the ability to grow vegetation.

Maybe it made sweet-smelling fruit or Berries. We do see it planting seeds at one point.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It could also be the healing effects of grassy terrain, which I've been leaning towards.

But Terrains don't affect Flying types. Well, they could be extending logic by saying since Rowlet is resting on something g it's affected, but floating didn't prevent Koko from being affected by its own Terrain.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
But Terrains don't affect Flying types. Well, they could be extending logic by saying since Rowlet is resting on something g it's affected, but floating didn't prevent Koko from being affected by its own Terrain.

I don't think they'll use that in the anime. Seems more likely that it's the whole space that gets the effects, not just things touching the ground. And either way Rowlet is sitting on a tree during the preview of him glowing green.

But that being said, I 100% want it to be a new move or an evolution, but after a few other disappointments in the anime lately, I am expecting the basics.

DatsRight

I don't think they'll use that in the anime. Seems more likely that it's the whole space that gets the effects, not just things touching the ground. And either way Rowlet is sitting on a tree during the preview of him glowing green.

But that being said, I 100% want it to be a new move or an evolution, but after a few other disappointments in the anime lately, I am expecting the basics.

In fairness most of the recent disappointments were with the usual culprits, not Ash.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, definitely not expecting a Rowlet evolution here because it isn't really the focus of this episode but it is definitely more likely it will learn a new move.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Third Preview is out.
Ash and Rage Mode Lycanroc are staring at each other.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Acerola's just adorable.... I hope she doesn't get tossed aside once this arc is done, I'd love for her to be a full time member. She's only been around a short time and I already love her more than I ever loved Anime! Lillie Don't love her more than Mallow tho

Yeah, definitely not expecting a Rowlet evolution here because it isn't really the focus of this episode but it is definitely more likely it will learn a new move.

Yeah, if anywhere the Ghost trial would have made perfect sense to place it. But they gave Pikachu the focus for it and Lycanroc the Grand trial.... even though the starters should have gotten the focus for those two trials....

Rest and Stampeding Tantrum both suit Lycanroc and Rowlet, but Rowlet learning that here would just take from Lycanroc's development. Rowlet can have his own episode later, they haven't done anything for him in awhile, and as it stands Rowlet is the only current team member with an advantage against Hapu's type specialty. He'll probably star in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.