• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 18th: SM27 - Come Forth, Lugarugan with the Crimson Look!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Pokemon fan:

http://i.imgur.com/8KLCoNU.jpg

Opponent 3: A mysterious Lugarugan Trainer: His name is Gladio!
A mysterious Trainer that uses a Lugarugan and a Blacky arrives in town! What is this Trainer with the red Z-Ring capable of?!

The lump of rock bathed in the Z of the blue moon will now... seal off the collapsing world!

"Come Forth, Lugarugan with the Crimson Look!!" airs May 18th!

http://i.imgur.com/JQgmn4N.jpg

Lugarugan's Z-Move is super strong!!
Lugarugan uses the Rock type Z-Move! The other half of this duo, Gladio, is tough as well!!

The Rock type Z-Move, "World's End Fall"
Enormous rocks strikes the opponent from the air!!

Gladio is super skilled as well!!
Gladio is so strong there's been talk about it in town, so Satoshi immediately challenges him to a battle! How will Satoshi go up against the Rock type Z-Move, which he has never seen before?!

What are Gladio and Lugarugan's secrets?!
Let's take a look at the powerful Gladio's secrets:
Secret 1: Lugarugan is Iwanko's goal!!
Lugarugan is the form Iwanko takes after evolving. Satoshi's Iwanko is training to become stronger, and this is the goal it aims for!
There's also a Midday Form: Which form will Satoshi's Iwanko eventually evolve into?!
Secret 2: Gladio is Lilie's brother!!
Even though they are siblings, it has apparently been a long time since Gladio and Lilie last met. Just why is it that Gladio is traveling...?

(Satoshi: I'll become much stronger too!!)

----

Satoshi has heard word of a Trainer using the "Wolf Pokémon" Lugarugan who's recently appeared every now and then in the city. Hearing that this Trainer is really strong, he heads to the city, wanting a battle with him. After meeting the Trainer, they start their battle, but then a certain person appears.

----

Satoshi tells a Lugarugan Trainer he's heard of that they should have a battle, but...

----

As he's having time off from School, Satoshi hears talk of a super strong, mysterious Lugarugan Trainer everyone's been discussing recently. He definitely wants to battle this Tainer, so he heads into the city, where the Lugarugan Trainer in question shows up. Satoshi immediately suggests a battle, but...

----

http://i.imgur.com/2KcuAJY.png

As he's having time off from School, Satoshi hears talk of a mysterious Trainer that uses the Wolf Pokémon Lugarugan that's been discussed recently. He definitely wants to battle this Tainer, so he goes to the city, where the Trainer shows up. Satoshi immediately suggests a battle, but then Lilie suddenly arrives.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Disappointed that Gladion doesn't have Type: Null. Guess this means the AF plot will really receive an overhaul for the anime.

Still curious on why he appears that early, though. We expected he would appear later on...

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
There's nothing saying he won't get or doesn't already have Type Null.

Type: Null was his ace in the games, and that ace has been replaced in the anime by Lycanroc Midnight form to rival Ash's Rockruff when it evolves to Lycanroc Midday form. That pretty much says they are going to make major changes to the AF plot.

They did avoid giving Lillie her precious Nebby after all, replacing it with Shiron. Now I'm just curious what the writers' master plan is.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Type: Null was his ace in the games, and that ace has been replaced by Lycanroc Midnight form to rival Ash's Rockruff when it evolves to Lycanroc Midday form. That pretty much says they are going to make major changes to the AF plot.

The only possibility of type :null going to gladion if he doesn't have it now is if they make him stop Lusamine during the AF plot, and then he takes it from one of their labs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The only reason I'd accept for him not getting Null is if they give it to Ash. It better not end up with some over glorified OC....

I am happy to see Gladion though, he has two of my favorite Pokemon. Midnight and Umbreon, hoping he gets Lucario and Sivally down the road too.
Poor Hau.

Everything12

I don't think Type-Null or Nebby are omitted because Nebby is so important to the story with the portals, and Type-Null probably already belongs to Gladion because its mistreatment is why he left Aether and joined Skull he just probably hiding it because its stolen and would attract alot of attention.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm disappointed he have an umbreon, though. I was waiting something less used anime wise, like scrafty (thug like appearence, to remark he's on Team Skull).

Anyway, it's nice rockruff is evolving here.

diakyu

If he has the Moon lycanroc, I think this could mean he becomes a rival for Ash and Ash gets the Sun version.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'm disappointed he have an umbreon, though. I was waiting something less used anime wise, like scrafty (thug like appearence, to remark he's on Team Skull).

Anyway, it's nice rockruff is evolving here.

Ash's Rockruff isn't going to evolve this episode. Midnight Lycanroc can be clearly seen petting Rockruff. That midday Lycanroc is most likely from episode 15, and is most likely just a hint that Ash may get midday.

diakyu

I definitely don't think they removed Type:Null, likely saving it for when the plot kicks in full. Gladion's plot with Type:Null is perfect for the anime because it's all about friendship and crap. Just remove the part about Null attacking Gladion and you're golden.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just because Gladion might have Moon Lycanroc doesn't 100% confirm that he doesn't have Type:Null. There's always the possibility that he doesn't use Null as often as he does in the games since he wants to keeps its existence a secret so that the Aether Foundation doesn't find them.

Besides, Lycanroc could always be a replacement for one of Gladion's other pokémon, especially since he owns one in the games whose evolutionary line is banned from the anime

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Type: Null was his ace in the games, and that ace has been replaced in the anime by Lycanroc Midnight form to rival Ash's Rockruff when it evolves to Lycanroc Midday form. That pretty much says they are going to make major changes to the AF plot.

They did avoid giving Lillie her precious Nebby after all, replacing it with Shiron. Now I'm just curious what the writers' master plan is.

Maybe there won't be an Aether plot.

diakyu

Maybe there won't be an Aether plot.
Maybe not an Aether plot but we know something is up with Lusamine though. All we need is for the scans to say Gladion is kicking with Team Skull to know it's still following the games' plot.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Gladion hype.

That is all.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
And here's Pokemon Fan:

http://i.imgur.com/8KLCoNU.jpg

Opponent 3: A mysterious Lugarugan Trainer: His name is Gladio!
A mysterious Trainer that uses a Lugarugan and a Blacky arrives in town! What is this Trainer with the red Z-Ring capable of?!

The lump of rock bathed in the Z of the blue moon will now... seal off the collapsing world!

"Come Forth, Lugarugan with the Crimson Look!!" airs May 18th!

http://i.imgur.com/JQgmn4N.jpg

Lugarugan's Z-Move is super strong!!
Lugarugan uses the Rock type Z-Move! The other half of this duo, Gladio, is tough as well!!

The Rock type Z-Move, "World's End Fall"
Enormous rocks strikes the opponent from the air!!

Gladio is super skilled as well!!
Gladio is so strong there's been talk about it in town, so Satoshi immediately challenges him to a battle! How will Satoshi go up against the Rock type Z-Move, which he has never seen before?!

What are Gladio and Lugarugan's secrets?!
Let's take a look at the powerful Gladio's secrets:
Secret 1: Lugarugan is Iwanko's goal!!
Lugarugan is the form Iwanko takes after evolving. Satoshi's Iwanko is training to become stronger, and this is the goal it aims for!
There's also a Midday Form: Which form will Satoshi's Iwanko eventually evolve into?!
Secret 2: Gladio is Lilie's brother!!
Even though they are siblings, it has apparently been a long time since Gladio and Lilie last met. Just why is it that Gladio is traveling...?

(Satoshi: I'll become much stronger too!!)

Sorry for the delay

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It looks like Lillie isn't uncomfortable around her brother in that picture. Kinda looks like she's introducing him to Shiron and showing that she's beginning to touch Pokemon again.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
And here's Pokemon Fan:

Sorry for the delay

You do us all a great service by translating pretty much everything, thanks! :)

So Gladion is Paul v2...also Ash does what Ash does best.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The scans make it seem like Ash's eventual Lycanroc might become his ace. Generally, when Ash's pokemon strive to become stronger and have rivals, they tend to be the region's ace, so I think it's highly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.