• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 18th: SM27 - Come Forth, Lugarugan with the Crimson Look!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think Rockruff gets curbstomoed here and evolves into Midday Lycanroc at some point becore Ash's Grand Trial with Olivia. Olivia still has Midnight Lycanroc, and while battling her, Ash figures out a strategy to beat Midnight Lycanroc, possibly using Midday's speed to its advantage similar to how Pikachu beat Lt. Surge's Raichu.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I could easily see them doing something similar to Hala, giving Probopass the Z-Move for Olivia instead of Lycanroc. In the games her Probopass was more prominent, ie it was in her shop in Konikoni City (or whatever it was called), it's also the last one she sends out in E4 matches I think (haven't played in a couple of months so can't confirm, but this doesn't necessarily mean it's her ace anyway).

As for the episode itself, it's great that Gladion is showing up now, was fearing that we'd be waiting a lot longer. His sinister-ish smile in the magazine looks a little weird tbh. Not concerned that he doesn't have Type: Null because I'm expecting it will happen once the whole Lusamine/Aether plot kicks off. Granted he still has the ripped clothes which were a result of Type: Null I'm pretty sure. Either way I'm looking forward to this episode.

colomb

Gladion either:

A) already has Type: Null, OR
B) will get Type: Null later

Remember, this anime promotes the games, and Type: Null is one of the "key" Pokemon from this generation and is heavily tied to the Aether Foundation. It will appear one way or the other.

Or just like the xy anime, they don't follow the games perfectly. They could save Type: Null for a movie and use Necrozma for the Aether foundation plot for all we know.

Spyro39

Or just like the xy anime, they don't follow the games perfectly. They could save Type: Null for a movie and use Necrozma for the Aether foundation plot for all we know.

Necrozma in place of Solgaleo and Lunala is possible in the anime's plot, but Type: Null is an essential Pokemon to Gladion's character. There's no way it should be left out in the anime and for Gladion not to get it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Gladion either:

A) already has Type: Null, OR
B) will get Type: Null later

Remember, this anime promotes the games, and Type: Null is one of the "key" Pokemon from this generation and is heavily tied to the Aether Foundation. It will appear one way or the other.

Nah, I don't think Gladion will get Type:Null. Will the potentially exiting rivalry between Ash's Rockruff and Gladion's Midnight Lysanroc being set up, the focus will be on the rivalry and so, I think Gladion's ace will most likely be Midnight Lysanroc.

Nah, I don't think Gladion will get Type:Null. Will the potentially exiting rivalry between Ash's Rockruff and Gladion's Midnight Lysanroc being set up, the focus will be on the rivalry and so, I think Gladion's ace will most likely be Midnight Lysanroc.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the ace. It could be a Pokemon he is secretly hiding so that nobody sees it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It doesn't necessarily have to be the ace. It could be a Pokemon he is secretly hiding so that nobody sees it.

If Midnight Lysanroc is the ace, then the Rockruff-Lysanroc rivalry(which has a lot of potential) will come more into prominence. About Type: Null being a non-ace Pokemon of Gladion, I feel that's unlikely because if the writers wanted to give Gladion a Type: Null they would have probably preferred to give it to him as his ace.

Last edited:
If Midnight Lysanroc is the ace, then the Rockruff-Lysanroc rivalry(which has a lot of potential) will come more I to prominence. About Type: Null being a non-ace Pokemon of Gladion, I feel that's unlikely because if the writers wanted to give Gladion a Type: Null they would have probably preferred to give it to him as his ace.

Then explain why his clothes are ripped. You could say it's because of Lycanroc, but then all the rips would lose their symbolism. I just don't see them changing the plot this much. Especially if they plan on Gladion hiding Type:Null instead of battling with it to everyone who comes up to him, which would justify why it isn't his ace.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Then explain why his clothes are ripped. You could say it's because of Lycanroc, but then all the rips would lose their symbolism. I just don't see them changing the plot this much. Especially if they plan on Gladion hiding Type:Null instead of battling with it to everyone who comes up to him, which would justify why it isn't his ace.

I don't know, why did the writers gave him Umbreon as a second Pokemon then? In his first appearance, he is appearing with Midnight Lysanroc and Umbreon, which gives me the feeling that these two Pokemon of him will probably get more prominence.

I don't know, why did the writers gave him Umbreon as a second Pokemon then? In his first appearance, he is appearing with Midnight Lysanroc and Umbreon, which gives me the feeling that these two Pokemon of him will probably get more prominence.

I feel like they gave him Umbreon to further emphasise the fact that Gladion really cares for his Pokemon (shown in-game where most of his final team evolve by friendship). As far as I can remember Gladion's final team had four Pokemon including Type:Null, and adding Umbreon and Midnight Lycanroc makes his team reach exactly six members. I personally think that early on, Lycanroc and Umbreon will be the focus, before later in the series the focus shifts to Type:Null as well.

ShadowForce720

Maybe because if he stole it from the Aether Foundation it would make sense that he would want to really show it that often and would want to keep it hidden, because otherwise if he just kept using Type:Null often then he might as well be wearing a sign that says "Hey Aether Foundation I'm the person who stole Type: Null from you and I am here", because eventually the Aether Foundation would be hearing people talk about Gladion and Type:Null thus having an easier way to track him down.

Also there is also the possibility that he just hasn't gotten Type:Null yet because they want to actually show off Type:Null's backstory to where we actually see it happen instead of it just being through flashbacks.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

The fact that Gladion hasn't shown Type:Null so far doesn't mean that he won't eventually get it or secretly owns it. They aren't going to ditch an important Pokemon like that which has its own role in the main plot just for a rivalry between two Lycanroc.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm pretty sure every Pokemon has to appear in the main series, so there's very little doubt in my mind that we will see Type: Null eventually. How the writers choose to portray it is another matter entirely.

Spyro39

Gladion never getting Type: Null in the anime would be a huge disservice to his character and would make no sense at all. It played a major role in Gladion turning against his mother and leaving the Aether Foundation. Just because his Midnight Lycanroc and Ash's Rockruff may be one of the highlights of Ash and Gladion's rivalry doesn't mean it's going to be the main highlight. Type: Null can still play a role in Gladion's character development when he notices how far his mother has fallen into insanity when she had Faba create a Chimeran Pokemon, without stealing the spotlight from his Midnight Lycanroc and Ash's Rockruff's rivalry. Furthermore, I can't imagine Type: Null belonging to another trainer in the anime.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Maybe because if he stole it from the Aether Foundation it would make sense that he would want to really show it that often and would want to keep it hidden, because otherwise if he just kept using Type:Null often then he might as well be wearing a sign that says "Hey Aether Foundation I'm the person who stole Type: Null from you and I am here", because eventually the Aether Foundation would be hearing people talk about Gladion and Type:Null thus having an easier way to track him down.

Also there is also the possibility that he just hasn't gotten Type:Null yet because they want to actually show off Type:Null's backstory to where we actually see it happen instead of it just being through flashbacks.

Gladion used Type: Null in the Battle Royal Arena in the games. He clearly doesn't give a crap about keeping it secret.

Gladion used Type: Null in the Battle Royal Arena in the games. He clearly doesn't give a crap about keeping it secret.

That's in the games, not the anime.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Who is to say the rivalry between Ash's Rockruff and Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc will permeate the entire series? (I'm not saying it won't, but it's too early to assume that it will.) For all we know, it may only last until Rockruff evolves.

As others have already said, just because Gladion is not showing off Type: Null in this episode does not mean he does not already have it or won't get it. He may not have any reason to show it off. His reputation as a Trainer apparently precedes him, so maybe he doesn't want to show off this man-made chimera that he stole from his mother's lab and draw further attention to himself.

colomb

Necrozma in place of Solgaleo and Lunala is possible in the anime's plot, but Type: Null is an essential Pokemon to Gladion's character. There's no way it should be left out in the anime and for Gladion not to get it.

It might be important to his game counterpart's story, the anime can do what they want with their version.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I think he could be hiding Type: Null as well given that it's a rare man-made species and all that. I do hope that we'll get some kind of hint towards that in this episode, tho honestly I'm also fine with him just using Umbreon and Lycanroc here. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.