• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 18th: SM27 - Come Forth, Lugarugan with the Crimson Look!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I think he knows, he just wants to emphasize on Gladion ("The Edge") appearing, which in his eyes signifies the "plot" being here", by feigning ignorance of the Japanese names of Rockruff and Lycanroc. Just look at his signature, he uses the Japanese name for Hawlucha, so I'm sure this person is aware of what most of the Japanese names are, especially for one that's been captured by Ash.

The first part was a legitimate question. I don't keep up with the Japanese names. And I figured that poster was Hawlucha's Mexican name or something considering it's well...a Lucha poster.

And I'm really not sure how me asking about Japanese names has anything to do with me commenting on plot.

Also, when the hell is the dub coming? I can't wait to see this, but I absolutely refuse to want Pokemon in Japanese.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The first part was a legitimate question. I don't keep up with the Japanese names. And I figured that poster was Hawlucha's Mexican name or something considering it's well...a Lucha poster.

And I'm really not sure how me asking about Japanese names has anything to do with me commenting on plot.

Also, when the hell is the dub coming? I can't wait to see this, but I absolutely refuse to want Pokemon in Japanese.

In America, it starts May 13th, 9 a.m. on Disney XD. they're also playing episodes 1&2 the night before in case anyone missed them. It's already begun in Canada and you can find the episodes online. Don't know why you refuse to watch in Japanese. It's fairly easy to understand the plot of most episodes even without a grasp on the language.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Why the heck is it taking till mid-May for the Dub to start in the US?

As for why I refuse to watch the anime in Japanese; it's because it, DBZ, and Digimon are series that I've been watching in English since I was a little *censored*. The English voices are those characters for me. Besides, I tried to get into the Japanese version multiple times with the most recent being the Kalos league, and while Ash-Greninja's theme was awesome, it was just painful. Especially Sawyer's voice.

TheWanderingMist

So they don't have to take a break every time Japan does. Also, translation takes time and so does recording voices.

As for why I refuse to watch the anime in Japanese; it's because it, DBZ, and Digimon are series that I've been watching in English since I was a little *censored*. The English voices are those characters for me. Besides, I tried to get into the Japanese version multiple times with the most recent being the Kalos league, and while Ash-Greninja's theme was awesome, it was just painful. Especially Sawyer's voice.

I've been watching them since I was little as well. The cast turnover (back in 2006, right?) was the worst part of the English dub. But Sawyer's voice...the casting is perfect. He's played by Ikue Ohtani, best known for Pikachu. So, in essence, one of Ash's rivals in Kalos, is his Pikachu. And since he's supposed to be a rookie Trainer and therefore 10 by default, his voice should be fairly high pitched. Plus, his English voice is really odd.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

weird, english voices are skewed for me and some of them can be cringe-worthy imo. as the wanderingmist noted, they aren't the original voices either from when you were little.

Can't wait to hear Gladion's voice in japanese. I bet they'll give him a really "sexy" voice :p

weird, english voices are skewed for me and some of them can be cringe-worthy imo. as the wanderingmist noted, they aren't the original voices either from when you were little.

Can't wait to hear Gladion's voice in japanese. I bet they'll give him a really "sexy" voice :p

I'm hoping to hear either Hiroshi Kamiya, Satoshi Hino, Tetsuya Kakihara or Kishou Taniyama. They would all do really well - Kishou Taniyama has some of the best voice acting talent I've ever seen, Tetsuya Kakihara played a character in another series a really enjoy who is extremely edgy (Shin from the Amnesia Otome and Anime Series), Satoshi Hino's voice fits Gladion really well and I've already explained about Hiroshi Kamiya.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm hoping to hear either Hiroshi Kamiya, Satoshi Hino, Tetsuya Kakihara or Kishou Taniyama. They would all do really well - Kishou Taniyama has some of the best voice acting talent I've ever seen, Tetsuya Kakihara played a character in another series a really enjoy who is extremely edgy (Shin from the Amnesia Otome and Anime Series), Satoshi Hino's voice fits Gladion really well and I've already explained about Hiroshi Kamiya.

ah I'd really enjoy, out of those, Satoshi Hino or Tetsuya Kakihara personally. I could also see them re-using Kenso Ono for this role, easily.

valvenya

Takehito Koyasu.

GlaDIOn

Then which of Gladion's pokemon will spam doragon kurou?

They'll make him use Kiawe's Charizard and Mega Evolve it due to unexplained reasons

While Kensho Ono did a great job as Alain, I'd rather have a rival with a new voice actor that hasn't voiced a major character in the main anime series before. As far as I am aware, Tetsuya Kakihara, Satoshi Hino and Kishou Taniyama have never had a role in the anime before, while Hiroshi Kamiya has only voiced a CotD and N in the B2W2 animated trailer, which was barely anything. All four of them have the potential to do a great job for Gladion.

And if it wasn't for Falkner, I'd also hope for Akira Ishida, but Falkner.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
While Kensho Ono did a great job as Alain, I'd rather have a rival with a new voice actor that hasn't voiced a major character in the main anime series before. As far as I am aware, Tetsuya Kakihara, Satoshi Hino and Kishou Taniyama have never had a role in the anime before, while Hiroshi Kamiya has only voiced a CotD and N in the B2W2 animated trailer, which was barely anything. All four of them have the potential to do a great job for Gladion.

Tetsuya Kakihara voiced Reggie in DP, so he has been in the anime before. :) Satoshi Hino would be a good choice, but I'm still rooting for Takahiro Sakurai, because he has this...quality (I can't really find another word to describe it) to his voice that I think would really suit Gladion.

Tetsuya Kakihara voiced Reggie in DP, so he has been in the anime before. :) Satoshi Hino would be a good choice, but I'm still rooting for Takahiro Sakurai, because he has this...quality (I can't really find another word to describe it) to his voice that I think would really suit Gladion.

It depends on how major one could consider Reggie's role. Even though Akira Ishida did indeed play Falkner, he also played Steven in the ORAS animated trailer and N in Pokemon Generations (which is why I doubt he'll get another role). I don't know how many episodes Reggie is in, so somebody would have to inform me of that before I either lose all hope on him getting the role or don't.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
for some reason i think gladion might have a higher voice than what most people are anticipating. like gary's japanese voice (kobayashi yuko)

for some reason i think gladion might have a higher voice than what most people are anticipating. like gary's japanese voice (kobayashi yuko)

Do you mean like Hiroshi Kamiya doing Izaya Orihara's voice from Durarara type of high, or Miyata Kouki doing Ukyo's voice from Amnesia type high?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
If we are thinking Gladio could have a slightly higher pitch voice, Megumi Ogata, Minami Takayaka, or Mutsumi Tamura could provide the voice over for him. Mutsumi Tamura did a voice over a male character (Finne if you are wondering) in "Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon" and the spin-off series. She is also known for her voice over (as Kobayashi) work in Kobayashi-San Chi no Maid Dragon. Megumi Ogata voiced Makoto Naegi and Nagito Komeda from the Danganronpa series, and Minami Takayaka voiced Hajime Hinata in the Danganronpa series. The voice of Jessie (Megumi Hayashibara) also did a male voice over in Danganronpa V.3, so she could do it as well. I can also say Eriko Matsui could provide a deeper voice for him as well (as seen when voicing in Tsugumomo and Busou Shojou Machiavellianism), although her role is mostly female characters. I don't know, it's just speculation at this point.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

If we are thinking Gladio could have a slightly higher pitch voice, Megumi Ogata, Minami Takayaka, or Mutsumi Tamura could provide the voice over for him. Mutsumi Tamura did a voice over a male character (Finne if you are wondering) in "Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon" and the spin-off series. She is also known for her voice over (as Kobayashi) work in Kobayashi-San Chi no Maid Dragon. Megumi Ogata voiced Makoto Naegi and Nagito Komeda from the Danganronpa series, and Minami Takayaka voiced Hajime Hinata in the Danganronpa series. The voice of Jessie (Megumi Hayashibara) also did a male voice over in Danganronpa V.3, so she could do it as well. I can also say Eriko Matsui could provide a deeper voice for him as well (as seen when voicing in Tsugumomo and Busou Shojou Machevalism), although her role is mostly female characters. I don't know, it's just speculation at this point.

Oh, if he's going to have a high-pitched voice, I 100% want Ikue Ohtani voicing him just for the sheer hilarity of the disconnect between his voice and appearance. Since she was just Sawyer, it won't happen, though I'd really want to see (and hear) it.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Feels like a lot of people will get disappointed come Wednesday lol

Oh, if he's going to have a high-pitched voice, I 100% want Ikue Ohtani voicing him just for the sheer hilarity of the disconnect between his voice and appearance. Since she was just Sawyer, it won't happen, though I'd really want to see (and hear) it.

If he's gonna have a high-pitched voice I'm all up for Miyata Kouki doing it. His voice for Ukyo could fit Gladion really well if they choose to go the high-pitched route. I do agree with Greneuliest808 in that Megumi Ogata and Minami Takayaka could be good as well.

Wow, looking at everyone I've speculated, a surprising amount of them have played Danganronpa characters. Miyata Kouki played Chihiro Fujisaki and Akira Ishida played Byakuya Togami.

Probably, but it doesn't stop me from intensely speculating about who voices him.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

Nah, not for me. Anything can happen when the voice cast does come out on Wednesday.

There is also a possibility that Akeno Watanabe could voice Gladio. She did voice Ash's BW rival, Trip, and we all know she voiced over Malva as well.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
To be fair, Gladion's reference sheet literally says "gotta express that middle school arrogance being emo"

http://i.imgur.com/98MBMdX.jpg

So the only reference the anime staff were given for Gladion is that he's an emo kid.

Huh I didn't really consider Gladion to be 'emo' before, I just thought of him as having an edgy punk design. I can kind of see how he seems like an emo now however when I think about his family history. I think the SM anime will soften up his emotional state however.

Status
Not open for further replies.