• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 19th: PM2023 007 - Training! Captain Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veedramon

Liko might realize that battling isn't for her, and you know what? That's perfectly ok.

There are many professions in the Pokemon world. Some choose to be pokemon trainers, others pokemon coordinators. Hell, some might even choose to do nothing at all.

If Liko feels like option A isn't the right one, then there's nothing wrong with choosing something else instead

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Dude
Liko might realize that battling isn't for her, and you know what? That's perfectly ok.

There are many professions in the Pokemon world. Some choose to be pokemon trainers, others pokemon coordinators. Hell, some might even choose to do nothing at all.

If Liko feels like option A isn't the right one, then there's nothing wrong with choosing something else iinstead
Did you just understand that summary?

This is not choosing trainer professions, this is about strategy training. She might realize there another way how to beat this Pikachu.

Veedramon

Dude

Did you just understand that summary?

This is not choosing trainer professions, this is about strategy training. She might realize there another way how to beat this Pikachu.
Well that's certainly one interpretation of the summary.

It might even be true, but the no battling one could be as well

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Well that's certainly one interpretation of the summary.

It might even be true, but the no battling one could be as well
Tell me. Did we have earlier oldest episode where during battle main characters suddenly realized what want to become any profession trainers?

Still catch attention at previous episodes - there was no any about trainer professions, Liko still doesn't know what want to become.

Veedramon

Tell me. Did we have earlier oldest episode where during battle main characters suddenly realized what want to become any profession trainers?

Still catch attention at previous episodes - there was no any about trainer professions, Liko still doesn't know what want to become.
Beats me. I'm just going off of what the summary's saying, mainly this part:
but the training makes Liko realize something.
The training itself is making her have a realization. That realization could very well be that she doesn't like training/battling with her pokemon, which I think would be fine.

Having 2 dedicated battlers as main characters might be redundant. Having Liko do something else could grant the writing staff way more flexibility

Trey pokes

Beats me. I'm just going off of what the summary's saying, mainly this part:

The training itself is making her have a realization. That realization could very well be that she doesn't like training/battling with her pokemon, which I think would be fine.

Having 2 dedicated battlers as main characters might be redundant. Having Liko do something else could grant the writing staff way more flexibility
That's what I'm starting to think too. Liko will battle, just not as much as they're making Roy look now.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So why is Captain Pikachu the one to train Liko and Roy instead of Friede?
Because Friede has a whole ship to help run and Pokemon aboard to care for and can't constantly take time away to get two novices up to speed.

Also I guess Amethio claps both in the previous episode.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It’s so weird the shift Pokémon experienced. Like at some point it was just assumed that everyone was a Pokémon trainer but now there are debates if Liko wants to just not train her Pokémon or battle when we are less than a dozen episodes in

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love how you guys are jumping to so many conclusions. Roy's had a total of 1 battle where he landed 1 move and he's going to be the battle champion of the world meanwhile Liko who's been in multiple so far and even won 1 apparently is going to say meh, not for me, I'll just stand here looking pretty. Please stop ya'll, it's looking sad. Even the desperate wanting or needing to compare Roy to Ash when he's just a happy go lucky kid is weird lol.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I love how you guys are jumping to so many conclusions. Roy's had a total of 1 battle where he landed 1 move and he's going to be the battle champion of the world meanwhile Liko who's been in multiple so far and even won 1 apparently is going to say meh, not for me, I'll just stand here looking pretty. Please stop ya'll, it's looking sad. Even the desperate wanting or needing to compare Roy to Ash when he's just a happy go lucky kid is weird lol.
They need to free themselves. The insecurity is getting sad ever since the series revealed that he wasn’t going to be a background character and they stuck true to their words of them being co protagonists.

It’s so sad because these were the same people screaming and crying about Goh and beyond and how they haven’t balanced out main character focus since DP and now they are attempting to and it’s still complaints.

The insecurity complex comes from the fact that somehow Roy is a threat to Liko battling or her spotlight instead of just being normal and liking both of them and not creating imaginary vs battles in your mind.

Last edited:

ShuckFam

*Roy and Captain Pikachu go through intense battle training*

Roy: It's not enough! Not if I want to be the strongest!
*Friede is watching from afar and Roy's passion begins to rub off on him*
Friede: D**n! This is making me pumped! Now it's time to battle ME!

*Roy's stomach begins to rumble*

Friede: But first, we have to eat!
Liko: Hehe, boys will be boys! Lucky I prepared my special sandwiches! I just don't understand your passion for battling, but at least you have something to be passionate about. Unlike me...

*A mysterious person comes out of the shadows*

???: I'm not sure if it's a passion of yours but your cooking seems to have made your comrades really happy. It seems like you have some talent. Have you heard about the grand sandwich festival? *END of episode*

This is how I would expect the episode to go down in an ideal world. Roy is established as being the main battler and has some kind of battling goal and Liko learns that she doesn't like battling as much but has other talents/interests, mainly in cooking. This could be the episode where the goals of Roy and Liko are established!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Given the plot of this series, I don't think Liko really has the option to just say "Yeah no battling for me." Like, she might only ever fight to defend herself... But she still needs to fight to defend herself.
Given Meowscarada's gimmick is it's a stage magician, maybe she'll realize Friede's battle style isn't for her and instead try a more defensive style based around trickery.

Status
Not open for further replies.