• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 21st: PM2019 067 - Pikachu the Suspect?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The Iris episode was rushed which is the general concensus in the thread, last I looked in the thread about last week's no one cared about Flabebe and so didn't care about that episode, and this episode is going to be stupid as hell and literally pointless and completely unnecessary as Pikachu already got his episode not to long ago.

You can like what ever you want but you're the minority here, not "we". Guarantee if you gave people the option to watch the next episode or this one first, 90% of people are not picking this mess lol.
The general consensus of that thread is the Iris episode was a great episode lmao. The flabebe episode has people who loved the episode as well, and in other places besides the forums there is a lot of love for it as well, much more than hatred. So yea speak for freaking yourself.

Rune Knight

To be fair, and without offence to anyone in general.

Writing a good episode takes time, brain power, and most importantly resources that are normally unobtainable in a short amount of time. Filler episodes are good in the sense they tend to buy the writers enough time to produce them. Not everyone may like them, but despite limited capacity they can still be enjoyed by a lot of people as its main goal is simply not to tune the audience out.

Furthermore, I assume that most people here are adults and not part of the target demographic. This show isn't made to be over-analyzed in the way that is, doesn't mean it can't be, but what I'm saying is that its supposed to be simple.

Personally, I don't think that the Iris episode was rushed. Originally, I thought it was going to be because I assumed that it was going to involve a lot more content. But no, the main premise was made clear from that start as a battle between Ash and Iris.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Never said it wasn't a good episode, it was just rushed which is a consensus In the thread.

Lol I just read that thread and the best thing anyone said was that it was decent and cute, never saw the word loved used once. And the big consensus was that no one cared about Flabebe and it was a weird pokemon to do this emotional episode about.

If you want to watch some stupid Pikachu filler, go right ahead but a lot of people just don't care and if given the option to skip to the next episode, would probably take it.
Then let them say it, stop generalising the mindset with your opinion. And again, serebiiforums isnt the only fandom place. Nobody is asking you to watch it anyway, skip it and go to the next episode but stop acting like everyone has the same mindset as yours

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Isnt this the 5th Pikachu focus episode in JN? It sure feels this way. JN30, JN035, JN41, (JN048?) and JN067
You forgot JN01. It was a pikachu focused episode too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You don't have to do anything. Go watch Digimon or something instead, I think Tomioka is working there. :cool:
He is. Actually, he is the head writer...

But there's still complaints about that show lol

(that's what I read, I don't watch it because I'm boycotting Toei for pandering Adventure again rather than just make a new show. Such a good crew wasted on a reboot of a series that isn't even the best entry...)

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
He is. Actually, he is the head writer...

But there's still complaints about that show lol

(that's what I read, I don't watch it because I'm boycotting Toei for pandering Adventure again rather than just make a new show. Such a good crew wasted on a reboot of a series that isn't even the best entry...)
I personally enjoy this reboot a lot, my only complaint is the usual taichi and yamato bias.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Isnt this the 5th Pikachu focus episode in JN? It sure feels this way. JN30, JN035, JN41, (JN048?) and JN067
Why are you counting ep48 and 41 lmao
ep48 was primairly about Lucario and Cinderace alone, they were in the spotlight
JN 41 first half was about TR and their antics alone
The first episode and JN30 have been the only Ash's pikachu focus related episodes
JN35 was more a pikachu episode then a focus for Ash's pikachu
And we have yet to see this episode to judge whether its a focus episode for pikachu or not, it getting arrested could just be a starting plot point, atleast wait till it airs

Decidueye23

Why are you counting ep48 and 41 lmao
ep48 was primairly about Lucario and Cinderace alone, they were in the spotlight
JN 41 first half was about TR and their antics alone
The first episode and JN30 have been the only Ash's pikachu focus related episodes
JN35 was more a pikachu episode then a focus for Ash's pikachu
And we have yet to see this episode to judge whether its a focus episode for pikachu or not, it getting arrested could just be a starting plot point, atleast wait till it airs
I would say the Visquez episode too since Pikachu got a good amount of focus there.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I would say the Visquez episode too since Pikachu got a good amount of focus there.
Not necessarily tbh. It was more of a callback to ash's and Pikachu episode in OS which is why they have Pikachu defeat electrode in the end but I'd say Gengar had equal contribution in that battle. I see it more of an Ash and PWC episode then a Pikachu episode

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Same to you bro. Let people have their opinions and stop getting mad that people don't like the things you do. I didn't start a boycott of the freaking show, all I said was I can't believe we need to watch these two episodes in a row before we get to something interesting, if you like it, good for you lol.
I never generalised though, did I? Debating with people over their opinions because I disagree doesnt mean im not letting them have their opinions lmao, and Im not mad at all, more like tired with some of the complaints.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Telling someone to get over it and to skip it and go to the next episode and that no one is forcing you to watch, is literally not letting me have an opinion of this episode. I'm already not going to watch it, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be disappointed in the premise of an episode.
The same way you are telling me to skip over episodes I don't like, you can skip over comments you don't like and have conversations with people who like these episodes and ignore my comments.

You don't see me going god how can you like this episode and quoting anybody who likes it and calling them out about that do you.
I didnt call you out for not liking it, but for generalising others in your statement
I said that statement after you really went out of your way to **** on that episode lol in the reply and told me to go watch such a boring ep it if i want, to which my retort was well why dont you skip it if youre getting so worked about it
The only times I reply to people who didnt like it is when in their review of an episode there is something I disagree with and counter my own point to it, basically how this forum is intended to work.....

STICKTOPIA

So many pikachu focused episodes as if gengar couldn’t use a few focused episodes...

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So many pikachu focused episodes as if gengar couldn’t use a few focused episodes...
Fingers crossed for Sabrina
Did I say everyone hates Pikachu too or doesn't like Goh?? No, I literally just said that there are a lot of people who aren't interested in this episode and also didn't feel the contents of last weeks episode worked which is a fact. You can see that there's a lot less interest in this episode then say the next one due to that thread have almost double the amount of pages in it compared to this.

Again, if you like this episode, more power to you but others don't have to. Also just know that if I plan to watch an episode or am excited for it, my feelings are well documented in the threads. I skip I would say probably 50% of the episodes now because I just don't care about Goh and specific Ash pokemon. The only reason I would watch these episodes is if there was a battle I needed to verify for the battle record thread.
Fair, your original post felt more like generalising all instead of saying a lot of people so that's why I responded the way I did

Status
Not open for further replies.