• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 21st: XY073 - We Will Have a Battle at the Fashion Show! Bagon VS Spritzee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhixun

Since this is the first time for Shota to meet everyone in the main cast. So I think he will appear on the title card.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Doesn't make much sense cuz Ash has lost in front of his #1 fangirl many times so nothing is stopping him from losing in front of Shota too.

This. Ash doesn't have to win all of his battles just to please his fanclub in the anime. I don't care what Shota's reaction would be anyway.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Nah, it's being set up that the Treecko kid loses here to Valerie, and then watches next episode as Ash overcomes the Trick Room strategy and wins the badge. He'll begin admiring Ash and taking notes off him like in the OP song.

Pretty much. All of X/Y Gym Leader set ups have been pretty formulaic. Gym Leaders wins the match in the previous episode or does something against Team Rocket, only to lose to Ash in the next episode.

Of course, Ash might lose the next fight, but that would simply set up the rematch. So, sum would become zero anyways.

Edit: Actually, scratch this. Considering that Ash either gained a new evolution or Pokémon before each Gym Battle besides Grant, they actually might delay the conclusion. In fact, since the Valerie battle doesn't state any VS matchups in its title like Ash's other final Gym Battles(Pikachu vs. Tyrunt, Pikachu vs. Mega Lucario, Frogadier VS Gogoat, Ash VS Clemont etc.) did, there is good chance that first battle against Valeria will be a loss.

Last edited:

Lorde

I don't see the harm in Shota possibly winning here only for Ash to lose next, but it seems like I'll have to put up with Shota's presence for a while regardless.

Janovy

Banned
I don't see the harm in Shota possibly winning here only for Ash to lose next, but it seems like I'll have to put up with Shota's presence for a while regardless.
You'll have to "put up with" a character that hasn't even made his appearance? Poor you.

nuzamaki90

This, plus we saw him obsessing over dessert in the new screen-shot, which made me cringe. Idk why it's taboo to dislike him. :confused:

It's not really taboo it's just we haven't seen enough of him to really know his personality. In the episode where he battled Clemont, all he did was command Treecko and thank Clemont for the battle, like anyone would do.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm hoping he's not another Barry clone; that would be horrible imo. I'm hoping that he at least has some original type of personality.

He looks different from Barry in terms of personality and quirks but it would be cool if he had a funny side not just a stoic rival.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
20 seoncds and one line of dialogue is enough to justify hating a character entierly

I was telling Janovy he has debuted already don't mix me with other arguments, plus Janovy should know better by now.

With that in mind people hated Shooty because he had an haircut like Shinji before he ever debuted, people hated on Kenyan because he was "fat", people hate on Kotetsu before he even debuted because he had a Rioulo, so yeah not the first time someone would hate a character just because of its design, I dont agree with it but its nothing new.

I don't like Shoota huge pockets!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
I'm hoping he's not another Barry clone; that would be horrible imo. I'm hoping that he at least has some original type of personality.

Seems like Barry except he idolizes Ash instead of Paul, and has a less interesting team and familiy ties.

At least on the outset, he might end up being one of the best parts f XY not that it'ssaying a lot

Lorde

It's not really taboo it's just we haven't seen enough of him to really know his personality. In the episode where he battled Clemont, all he did was command Treecko and thank Clemont for the battle, like anyone would do.

We've seen him in pictures as well though sis. His personality is easy enough to figure out; he's essentially a mini-Ash imo.

zhixun

Unfortunately performer is female only event. Otherwise I would guess Shota will challenge of gym and performer like a guy in DP that challenge in gym and contest.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Sounds like simple battle though considering they're both pre-evolved. wonder if the bagon's wild or trainer because both events could give a different feel to the episode

zhixun

Sounds like simple battle though considering they're both pre-evolved. wonder if the bagon's wild or trainer because both events could give a different feel to the episode

Highly likely belong to Shota in my opinion. As it is a battle so I think Shota is learning a lesson here.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I have a feeling this episode will be faaaabulooooous~

Status
Not open for further replies.