• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 21st: XY073 - We Will Have a Battle at the Fashion Show! Bagon VS Spritzee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We don't know Shota's past at all guys. For all we know he's well into his journey.

Clemont was his first Gym Leader...

And unless that Bagon or Treecko is a broken fighter like the guy from the previous league we want to forget about so badly, Shota is definitely a late beginner.

Why else would he stalk Ash's footsteps in the opening?

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
I am starting to wonder if this gym will feature Pikachu and Fletchinder, since Hawlucha and Frogadier are used in this battle. I am sure the best out of three will feature the two of them as well.

ShadowForce720

I just thought of something but what if in the preview the reason why Ash,Pikachu, and Clemont are so shocked during the fashion show is not so much Valeria coming out on the stage but because Serena, Braxien,and Bonnie come out on stage and wind up being in the fashion show. Maybe the other 2 characters that we see in the preview that look like they could be up to no good do what some people have suggested they do which is that they might "Kidnap" Serena, Braxien,and Bonnie(I think there were some other people that suggested the whole "kidnapping idea" so that they can have them be in the fashion show.

Also the reason why I say this is because Ash,Pikachu, and Clemont seem to be at the fashion show watching so while they might be surprised to see Valeria come out on stage during the fashion show(Although the main problem with this idea that their shocked that Valeria came out on stage is that in the summary it indicates that they would already know that Valeria is in the fashion show since she told them.) although I would think they would be even more surprised to se Serena, Braxien, and Bonnie come out on stage. Also another idea if that does happen is I think it would be kind of funny if when Bonnie comes out if she does her whole marriage gag on Valeria. Now keep in mind this is just all an Idea and I'm not saying that it will definitely happen but that it's just one possibility that could happen.

Plus it would explain why Serena and Bonnie disappear and why Ash,Pikachu, and Clemont would be shocked. Also the battle between Shota and Valeria where they use Bagon and Spritzee respectively probably happens towards the end of the fashion show and then afterwards would be when Shota meets Ash and the others and has a double battle with Ash.

Woah those furisode girls look mischievous I wonder what they're watching Serena like that for.Maybe realises she looks like a good model or something and takes her with a tagged along Bonnie.Wow Hawlucha long time no see ^^

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Clemont was his first Gym Leader...

And unless that Bagon or Treecko is a broken fighter like the guy from the previous league we want to forget about so badly, Shota is definitely a late beginner.

Why else would he stalk Ash's footsteps in the opening?

Yeah, at this point, I see Shota being the guy who Ash beats in his main battle at the League, ala Gary, Morrison, Paul, Cameron. Basically an example of showing how far Shota has developed that point and testing his skills against Ash. Plus Greninja vs. Sceptile, heck yes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Eek @ the Furisode Girls giving me TR vibes. Bagon vs. Spritzee looks so tame animation-wise though imo. I guess the best animation will be saved for the next episode.

Remix2

Woah those furisode girls look mischievous I wonder what they're watching Serena like that for.Maybe realises she looks like a good model or something and takes her with a tagged along Bonnie.Wow Hawlucha long time no see ^^

that sound like the most likely reason for them to have Serena and Bonnie be part of the fashion show.

phanpycross

God-king
Come now, we all know that Ash's first fully evolved starter did not get to that stage through his training..

Yeah funny that, Thinking about it, Ash's "strongest pokemon" has pretty much never been outright trained by Ash himself.

I love charizard and all, but saying they have the closest bond of all ash's pokemon is sorta silly considering guys like infernape and bayleef.

dp045

Yeah funny that, Thinking about it, Ash's "strongest pokemon" has pretty much never been outright trained by Ash himself.

I love charizard and all, but saying they have the closest bond of all ash's pokemon is sorta silly considering guys like infernape and bayleef.

And Sceptile so you could return to your computer and work on the mega-evoluction, xD.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah, at this point, I see Shota being the guy who Ash beats in his main battle at the League, ala Gary, Morrison, Paul, Cameron. Basically an example of showing how far Shota has developed that point and testing his skills against Ash. Plus Greninja vs. Sceptile, heck yes.

I can only assume Shota will be ready by the league if the writers simply have Ash skip anti-age-friendly months of training, or a long filler arc.

zhixun

I am starting to wonder if this gym will feature Pikachu and Fletchinder, since Hawlucha and Frogadier are used in this battle. I am sure the best out of three will feature the two of them as well.

We already know that Hinoyakoma is in the battle. But I think Pikachu should take a break here and let others to star.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I can only assume Shota will be ready by the league if the writers simply have Ash skip anti-age-friendly months of training, or a long filler arc.

It wouldn't be beyond the writers to give a rival character a relatively fast upgrade like that. It's not exactly a perfect scenario, but it's better than doing it to a main character.

And a random question ,but why is it that everyone is constantly harping about Ash never growing? There are a million cartoon characters that are perpetually the same age, yet the only one that anybody ever complains about is Ash. Why is he so different? As to why he never grows up: it keeps him in the same general age range of the new fans who are constantly joining the games and show. Plus as I said, it's a cartoon, so why would he?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I wonder why Shota fights Valerie at the show at all after fighting Ash? Isn't he interrupting or what?

And a random question ,but why is it that everyone is constantly harping about Ash never growing? There are a million cartoon characters that are perpetually the same age, yet the only one that anybody ever complains about is Ash. Why is he so different? As to why he never grows up: it keeps him in the same general age range of the new fans who are constantly joining the games and show. Plus as I said, it's a cartoon, so why would he?

Red grew into a badass in two years and everyone loves him.

Ash didn't grow physically outside art style and everyone wonders when the hell he's going to grow a small strand of hair between his nose and mouth. I have!

blob

I wonder why Shota fights Valerie at the show at all after fighting Ash? Isn't he interrupting or what?

Red grew into a badass in two years and everyone loves him.

Ash didn't grow physically outside art style and everyone wonders when the hell he's going to grow a small strand of hair between his nose and mouth. I have!

I think Ash does get developed, but more slowly. Ignoring BW, he's definitely grown since Indigo League - when he thought he was some great kid, but really just completely sucked!

Last edited:

blob

Okay, but Infernape was raised by Paul at first, so technically he doesn't count either.

Bayleef on the other had was never all that good.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hoping that this is where Serena will buy/receive her new Showcase outfit, given the emphasis on fashion. I'm gonna need some foreshadowing for said Showcase at least.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm hoping that this is where Serena will buy/receive her new Showcase outfit, given the emphasis on fashion. I'm gonna need some foreshadowing for said Showcase at least.

Yeah this is where I think she'll get her next Showcase attire as well.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Okay, but Infernape was raised by Paul at first, so technically he doesn't count either.

Bayleef on the other had was never all that good.

The bond between Bayleef and Ash however, is undeniable..

Honestly if I was in charge of giving Ash a mega evolution, then I'd wait for MegaMeganium to exist and have that happen, since Bayleef has always absolutely adored Ash..

Status
Not open for further replies.