1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

May 24th: SM76 - The Decisive Super Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Musashi and the others have finally mastered "Z-Moves", which are unleashed through partner and Pokémon working together. They are overjoyed: Now they'll finally be able to get their hands on Pikachu, which they've been chasing after for so many years. They immediately challenge Satoshi to a battle... but he's also been training, and is now stronger than before.

------

Musashi and the others have finally become able to use Z-Moves, and start working on getting Pikachu. An all-out battle between Satoshi & Pikachu, who have grown stronger for Kuchinashi's Grand Trial, and Musashi & Mimikkyu now begins.

------

Musashi and the others have become able to use Z-Moves, and once again start working on getting Pikachu. An all-out battle between Satoshi & Pikachu, who have grown stronger for Kuchinashi's Grand Trial, and Musashi & Mimikkyu, who have obtained a Z-Ring, now begins.

------

Musashi and the others from the Rocket Gang have become able to use Z-Moves, and start working on getting Pikachu, which they're sure they'll manage this time. An all-out battle between Satoshi & Pikachu, who have grown stronger for Kuchinashi's Grand Trial, and Musashi & Mimikkyu, who have obtained a Z-Ring, begins.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
    Storyboard 関野昌弘 (Masahiro Sekino)
    Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
    Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Well-Known Member

The battle we have been waiting for is here!!

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  3. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja I'm a Diginerd now!!!

So the epic Pikachu-Mimikyu showdown finally happening in this episode!!!! I hope that the battle is an epic one with the Pikachu-Mimikyu rivalry here being settled once and for all. Remains to be seen how Pikachu avoids Let's Snuggle Forever in this battle.

4. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical Optimist

Honestly this would be SOOO cliche, but I'd love if they somehow became BFFs after this grand battle lol. I don't think it'd be annoying if they completely switched up Mimikyu's thing of hating Pikachu to actually being in love after getting to know Pikachu more through battle. BUT that might also ruin it's whole thing.

5. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Troll Hatcher

Well we will finally see a full battle between the two. It was about time.

Xeogran likes this.
  6. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

At last the ultimate battle is finally upon us.

And then watch be about 5 minutes of them using 2 or 3 moves before beawer come in and take tr away without using there z move.

SinnohEevee and Rock Captain 99 like this.
  7. 345ash-greninja

If this battle is truly that epic for a rivalry culmination battle, I don't think it'd make much sense if the Pikachu-Mimikyu rivalry moments still happen after this battle.

8. Rock Captain 99

That bewear thing really made me think about that possibility!

9. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Ula Ula looks like it’s about to be a complete joyride

I hope Ash and Pikachu are able to use 1,000,000 Volt again. This battle just seems like it’s going to be super intense

10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

The fact the TR battle is actually the headliner is hopeful, but of course titles can be misleading.

Come on, at least ONE full and good battle between them.

11. 345ash-greninja

Since they are hyping this battle as the ultimate showdown between Pikachu and Mimikyu, I don't think that the Bewear thing will happen before Mimikyu gets defeated! :)

12. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if they got in their one big token face-off where they put up a real fight against Ash for once. Nearly every series makes a tradition out of it, and it's usually around this midway point.

I wonder if it's gonna be just Pikachu vs Mimikkyu. Even if we assume Mimikkyu wins TR have got to keep in mind Ash has four more Pokemon against their three (two of which they barely battle with).

13. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

I mean I could be wrong and this might end up being a epic fight but I still not trust the writers after the Lana episode and that click bait title they have for it.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  14. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'm just going to hope for an epic battle between the two, and that Mimikyu's intense hatred will begin to dissolve after this. They don't have to be friends, just eliminate Mimikyu's attempts at trying to kill Pikachu

15. xEryChan

xEryChan Picture Perfect Staff Member Moderator

This should be an interesting episode to watch. Hopefully TR will actually out up a real fight and not totally get their butts whoooped like they usually do. I’m excited for this one. I wonder if this one will be like SM012 where TR acutally beat Ash in a battle and Bewear shows up and takes them away.

16. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Well it will be another interesting episode to watch to see another moment Mimikyu sees Pikachu and wants to beat it up, which we've haven't seen in a couple of episodes. Also Jessie will perform the Fairy pose here and considering her personality it will be hilarious for her to do that pose.

17. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Watch Bewear swoop in at the last second to ruin it for them. :p

SinnohEevee likes this.
  18. Rock Captain 99

From the title and the summary of this episode, it is definite that pikachu vs mimikyu is going to be main focus of this episode. So i don't think bewear will show in this episode. Even if it does and interrupts the battle, it would be after the major part of the battle is done

19. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです2.0 Staff Member Moderator

Well, Mimikyu is always attacking Pikachu to basically kill it. If they become friends or rivals or whatever, it could be changed to wanting to surpass it.

Basically same old same old, but with a new twist to it. Maybe that aura of anger it always has whenever Pikachu is around will change from blue to another color?

20. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

I think Pikach uses the Z-Move from the start, Mimikyu doesn't take damage because of the ability, which suprises Ash. Jessie uses Z-Move, Pikachu takes damage but survives. That Rotom mechanic comes into play (Being able to use 2 Z-Moves in battle) and 10.000 volt kicks in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.