1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

May 24th: SM76 - The Decisive Super Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, May 7, 2018.

1. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I mean it bad writing because Mimikyu feats are so little compared to Ash's PIkachu

2. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I know but Mimikyu must have a huge level and his hatred against Pikachu also powers him up, Pikachu has been shown to struggle against him (or it? lol) as well.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 7:33 PM
  3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

TR run on 'as strong as the plot demands' logic anyway. After all there's points Mimikyu was going to destroy Pikachu before Bewear butted in. Even Meowth can turn into a badass at random if they want him to (see the Team Plasma finale).

Mimikyu DID beat Totem Raticate I suppose and that whole flock of Murkrow. Not a lot but I suppose that's some experience.

4. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

Ugh hopefully the classmate are in a flashback because we don't need them to waste screentime doing nothing in the background during this arc.

5. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

I called Ash still having a trial in this episode. Now let’s see if I can get the Z Crystal part right. I think I will be.

6. DatsRight

I'd laugh if Nanu's trial was done THAT apathetically:

Ash: "Okay, so what's my trial?"
    Nanu: "Trial...right...er..."
    TR: "Hah hah! We're here to steal Pikachu, twerps!"
    Nanu: "......Yeah, let's go with that. Go take on them."

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  7. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

hmm, matori having a role and not giovanni? I guess it'll just be like last week when the TRio called her. Anyways, I'm getting earth badge vibes

8. DatsRight

Matori seems to exist to be the more skeptical 'middle management' now that Giovanni actually trusts the TRio. My guess is she's either going to bugging them for not making any progress again (pressuring them to go after Pikachu then and there) or she's going to inform them about whatever Giovanni has planned.

9. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Super Sweet Sylveon

Well based on the new summary it seems that there's a lot of hype to the battle between Pikachu and Mimikyu as if it was 'fierce'. But I expect the possibility of a cancellation in case the battle might disappoint.

10. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

I still believe that it is possible for a Totem to appear just when we think that it’s just a battle between Ash and TR and their battle ends, a Totem appears. Would not surprise me since they love to throw surprises at us.

11. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

I just think the Totem Pokemon with arrive and give Ash the Ghostium after witnessing the battle. I'm telling you he'll get a crystal here. This is apparently even his trial. This could prompt Ash to work with Rowlet and to teach in a ghost type move.

12. playerking

playerking Not in the mood.

Preview

13. Xeogran

Xeogran Well-Known Member

Actually looks amazing! The long awaited battle is happening at the Thrifty Megamart!

And more importantly.. Bewear finds out... and he isn't happy...

14. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The King of Pokélantis

Now I want to see how Bewear will react more than anything else lol

15. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Gen VII = trash

Definitely looks intense, though as some others have said, no matter how strong Jessie's Mimikyu is, I'm still not that happy that a Team Rocket Pokémon is giving Pikachu such a tough time, even with its hatred. Also, looks like Bewear has found the truth as well, so this battle could potentially be interrupted by Bewear. Even if the battle isn't interrupted, I'm sure this is Team Rockets's final adventure in Ula'ula.

Genaller likes this.
  16. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja XY(Z) is the best!!!

Hmm, looks like Mimikyu is giving Pikachu a real tough time, driving it into a corner. But I still expect Pikachu to overcome it and win eventually. Anyway, the battle definitely looks intense.

17. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Super Sweet Sylveon

Looks like it's going to be a good battle, especially with Mimikyu and Pikachu holding onto their battle. I also like the fact everyone is going to do the Fairy pose and it is not just limited to Jessie. And perhaps Bewear might finally notice the the 'Team Rocket' that has been in the den with it while Team Rocket is in Ula'ula that they are robotic substitutes and go on to look for the real Team Rocket.

18. DatsRight

Hah, I like the 'tail fight' going on there, and it looks like Team Rocket actually manage the Z Move.

Bewear has found out....hooo boy. Hopefully Ash will finish the battle first so it can be considered a proper trial win. I'd like more times TR put up a real fight and the twerps actually tough it out, instead of always needing something to save them the instant the fight isn't one sided.

19. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh good, they're still doing the team posing. I was worried Jessie would do it solo.

Also, I'm not gonna lie. When I saw that preview, I thought Bewear was phasing through the floor and not popping out of a hole.

That's both terrifying and still totally believable considering what that thing's done in this show.

20. DatsRight

At least it's through Team Rocket actually upgrading their resources and experience a little this time round, instead of just 'hey those guys you pummelled a hundred episodes straight are suddenly stomping you'.

I wouldn't mind if they kept this up and actually level grinded to be more threatening and stay at least remotely relevant.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 12:26 PM