• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 24th: SM76 - The Decisive Super Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

It'd be nice if they just got one full solid battle, no DEMs, Bewear or plot induced stupidity involved to give one of them the upper hand. I want more times Ash is forced to be clever against TR.

Granted the training episode straight beforehand leaves me wondering if they'd be willing to show Ash put on the ropes by the likes of TR.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
A title that suggests an episode strictly devoted to actually batting Team Rocket... well color me shocked. Lets see where they take this thing

Henry's Journey

Totem Mimikyu? I've been waiting for this battle since the beginning of the saga, hope it won't disappoint.

Oh and Ash better get the Ghostium Z!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Totem Mimikyu? I've been waiting for this battle since the beginning of the saga, hope it won't disappoint.

Oh and Ash better get the Ghostium Z!

This isn't Totem Mimikyu, just Jessie's Mimikyu and their new Z Move versus Ash and Pikachu. I personally don't think Ash will get a Ghostium Z.

Also, I find it funny that the summary states that Team Rocket have admittedly been after Pikachu for years, but we know that probably not even a month has passed since Ash's journey started.

Vipsoccermaster

Well, this is going to be one interesting match. Both Team Rocket and Ash will very likely use their Z-Moves here. I wonder if Team Rocket is aware that they can only perform one Z-Move per battle. Pikachu can easily avoid Let's Snuggle Forever if given the opportunity, similar to how Pikachu avoided Hariyama's Z-Move with Hala.

DatsRight

Well, this is going to be one interesting match. Both Team Rocket and Ash will very likely use their Z-Moves here. I wonder if Team Rocket is aware that they can only perform one Z-Move per battle. Pikachu can easily avoid Let's Snuggle Forever if given the opportunity, similar to how Pikachu avoided Hariyama's Z-Move with Hala.

That might be where they can gain an advantage though, since two trainers means two Z Moves.

While I can see something going wrong with the Z-Move, I hope it's not just cheap 'Dodge' spam. Sure he did that for Fightium Z but it was at least using Quick Attack and he didn't no sell ALL of it. There was at least a sense it was threatening.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
I think this will be Ash's Island challenge because he will face off Nanu in the next epissode

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Musashi and the others have finally mastered "Z-Moves", which are unleashed through partner and Pokémon working together. They are overjoyed: Now they'll finally be able to get their hands on Pikachu, which they've been chasing after for so many years. They immediately challenge Satoshi to a battle... but he's also been training, and is now stronger than before.
Sounds like the Z-Move power boost is going to the TRio's heads. How very like Team Rocket to think that being able to use Z-Moves means they will finally be able to overpower Ash and kidnap Pikachu...even though Ash can also use Z-Moves. :rolleyes:

Unless someone has told Team Rocket they can only use one Z-Move per battle, they would have no way of knowing that (seeing as they seem not to do much research on Z-Moves). Knowing them, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Jessie and Mimikyu use Let's Snuggle Together early on in the battle, and then try to use it again later in the battle, only to find out they can't. That would undoubtedly throw Jessie off her game, and it would probably create an opening for Ash and Pikachu (assuming he is battling with Pikachu) to go for the final blow, regardless of who has the upper hand in the battle.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh this is definitely gonna be interrupted but at least the preview confirms Mimikyu does use it's Z move so it won't be a total bust.

DatsRight

Was it specifically stated the 'one Z Move per battle' rule existed in the anime, I thought they only tended to do that because the Pokemon was exhausted after using it (hence it often being used as a well timed finisher).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Was it specifically stated the 'one Z Move per battle' rule existed in the anime, I thought they only tended to do that because the Pokemon was exhausted after using it (hence it often being used as a well timed finisher).

I don't believe it was specifically stated, but more of a "If you use this and the battle isn't over, you're in very deep trouble".

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Oh I have been waiting a LONG time for this, my little yellow friend... ;)

This is the episode that may make me start rewatching SM. I am so EXCITED!!!!

Zyar

Unknown Member
How funny is it that, just last week, people were happy because it seemed James was finally going to get more focus than Jessie after all these years, only for Jessie and one of her pokémon to take the spotlight once more only two episodes later?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Yeah. From SM10:
Kukui said:
Both people and Pokémon consume great amounts of power when they use a Z-Move. With the power you, Pikachu and Mokuroh have at the moment, you'll probably have only a single chance to use one.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This isn't Totem Mimikyu, just Jessie's Mimikyu and their new Z Move versus Ash and Pikachu. I personally don't think Ash will get a Ghostium Z.

Yeah, but the animé has taken everything to do with the Trial Quest with a massive grain of salt: no trial captains, one trial is enough to battle the kahuna, the list goes on.

At this point I think it's clear that the writers really don't care and if they don't have Ash or any other character face the Totem Pokémon, then they'll create a scenario where the situation is almost replicated as if it were an official trial: TR vs. A Raticate, Kiawe vs. A Marowak, Ash vs. Mimikyu. At least Marowak and Mimikyu aren't Totem Pokémon (I'm not sure about Raticate), but the scenario's are there in the animé to simulate the experience the gamer had.

p96822

Evolve me please
If Ash does get the Ghost type Z Crystal than I think that Rowlet would know a ghost type move. Just like Ash's Hawlacha it was revealed it knew X-Scrosser

ShadowForce720

Yeah, but the animé has taken everything to do with the Trial Quest with a massive grain of salt: no trial captains, one trial is enough to battle the kahuna, the list goes on.

At this point I think it's clear that the writers really don't care and if they don't have Ash or any other character face the Totem Pokémon, then they'll create a scenario where the situation is almost replicated as if it were an official trial: TR vs. A Raticate, Kiawe vs. A Marowak, Ash vs. Mimikyu. At least Marowak and Mimikyu aren't Totem Pokémon (I'm not sure about Raticate), but the scenario's are there in the animé to simulate the experience the gamer had.

Actually the Alolan Raticate was a Totem as you saw it was bigger then other Alolan Raticates and on top of that it was shown to have a Totem Aura around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.