• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 26th: PM2023 008 - The Secret Behind the Off-Limits Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Considering Pokefan did mention we are meeting Gurumin in person soon and with all the 10 episodes revealed this is the only likely one......
Guess ludlow is Gurumin theories are true lol. I hope it isnt just a gag and actually dives deep into Ludlow's character, his eccentricity has a precedent to make him a more in depth character

DuskAstral

I still don’t really buy Ludlow being Nidothing himself. Is it not possible he has say, a grandchild onboard who’s doing it?
Why is that? look.
- Both Ludlow and Gurumin are Quaxly trainers.
- there was a moment where Ludlow was shown first, and two scenes later Gurumin.
This could have been a clue.

JoaquinLorie

I was thinking about the legendary pokemon doors, but maybe it is not the case since they will be arriving next episode to Paldea.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I still don’t really buy Ludlow being Nidothing himself. Is it not possible he has say, a grandchild onboard who’s doing it?
I believe too that would be different, c'mon.. i heard other voice between those characters...

I'm bet his grandchild is also have social anxiety and keeping stay herself at room at this ship, that why anyone are not "allowed" enter that room.
Why wear as Nidoking outfit? That mean doesn't want expose her face to social media that would everyone never know who is.

Just catch attention - we never saw scene how Ludlow interacted with that door, only Qualxy did it.

DuskAstral

I believe too that would be different, c'mon.. i heard other voice between those characters...
For me, this is not an argument, because the voice can be modified.
Just catch attention - we never saw scene how Ludlow interacted with that door, only Qualxy did it.
True, we haven't seen it.
But I believe that if such a scene were shown, it would only spoil the surprise if Ludlow was indeed Gurumin.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
For me, this is not an argument, because the voice can be modified.
I would still have argue about between their behavior.
Gurumin wore as Nidothing is kinda crazy like extrovert person and Ludlow is odd literally like as grandpa who cannot handle more moves like extroverts, also he likes calm and silent life while fishing some. This doesn't look like he have any time job for making any videos for PokeTuber or something, he even did let Qualxy freely going around at airship.

Introvertes cannot handle encountering with peoples but when wear as another mysterious person ala Twitter user can be more extrovert, so Ludlow doesn't have any problem with interaction with peoples even without wearing costumes - that gave me one conclusion: in that airship also are another character hiding who related to Ludlow, who isn't officialy as RVT member but as just person who living into that airship with social anxiety and depend more on Ludlow's and Qualxy's helping.

-----------------------------------------------------

Why that episode has focusing on Liko's show? Bc she's herself also has social anxiety and will probably need learn about interaction with new friends.

Remember still, they announced only RTV members, trio of Explorers and two protags. And they revealed recently NEW characters. Probably we will see more new important characters, that explain why i consider Gurumin might be another new character, not Ludlow itself.

------------------------------------------------------

Learning about psychology behaviors on characters are always prioritize needed first for writing a good scenarios.
For example villain cannot be any character just only show how he make vile things, but need show his true motive and his backstory what happened to him.
Or make main characters with any behavior depending on genre of stories - cannot be made who is crazy battler literally for slice of life genre, must has another behavior - for example delusional and melancholy person or just comedy relief person. Do not forget about secondary and supporting characters must also have well written scenarios, has interesting goals and FINISHING their arc - writers excatly made THIS mistake with Chloe, why was uninterested character despite of fact had more times than more COTD's.

So from my point of view as an artist writers should cannot waste of Ludlow's calm mind characterization which isn't introvert and suddenly became being extrovert Nidothing. Should gave Gurumin as another new character.

Gingertail24

I would still have argue about between their behavior.
Gurumin wore as Nidothing is kinda crazy like extrovert person and Ludlow is odd literally like as grandpa who cannot handle more moves like extroverts, also he likes calm and silent life while fishing some. This doesn't look like he have any time job for making any videos for PokeTuber or something, he even did let Qualxy freely going around at airship.

Introvertes cannot handle encountering with peoples but when wear as another mysterious person ala Twitter user can be more extrovert, so Ludlow doesn't have any problem with interaction with peoples even without wearing costumes - that gave me one conclusion: in that airship also are another character hiding who related to Ludlow, who isn't officialy as RVT member but as just person who living into that airship with social anxiety and depend more on Ludlow's and Qualxy's helping.

Why that episode has focusing on Liko's show? Bc she's herself also has social anxiety and will probably need learn about interaction with new friends.

Remember still, they announced only RTV members, trio of Explorers and two protags. And they revealed recently NEW characters. Probably we will see more new important characters, that explain why i consider Gurumin might be another new character, not Ludlow itself.

------------------------------------------------------

Learning about psychology behaviors on characters are always prioritize needed first for writing a good scenarios.
For example villain cannot be any character just only show how he make vile things, but need show his true motive and his backstory what happened to him.
Or make main characters with any behavior depending on genre of stories - cannot be made who is crazy battler literally for slice of life genre, must has another behavior - for example delusional and melancholy person or just comedy relief person. Do not forget about secondary and supporting characters must also have well written scenarios, has interesting goals and FINISHING their arc - writers excatly made THIS mistake with Chloe, why was uninterested character despite of fact had more times than more COTD's.

So from my point of view as an artist writers should cannot waste of Ludlow's calm mind characterization which isn't introvert and suddenly became being extrovert Nidothing. Should gave Gurumin as another new character.
A villain doesn't need to have an elaborate backstory to be a good villain

You have no basis on calling Ludlow an introvert or extrovert. I don't even think you have the definition of what an extrovert or Introvert is. Being "crazy" has nothing to do with extroversion

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean it wouldn’t be the first time the trope of a character having alter ego that you wouldn’t expect or seemingly contradicts their core personality would be pulled so yea

Konja7

I mean it wouldn’t be the first time the trope of a character having alter ego that you wouldn’t expect or seemingly contradicts their core personality would be pulled so yea
True. However, it's uncommon that one character has two different voice actors (even when the character suffer big transformations).

That's why I really doubt Ludbow is Nidothing.

Sham

The Guardian of War
True. However, it's uncommon that one character has two different voice actors (even when the character suffer big transformations).

That's why I really doubt Ludbow is Nidothing.
It’s not that common but then again if they were going to conceal Nidothings identity then I’m assuming it’s because it’s an already established character and sharing a VA is a big give away.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Also anime loves badass/funny old characters

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The old man is definitely more then he let's on. He was the only one who noticed the tracker and also noticed that the dude was spying on the ship in the first place.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He noticed it because he was outside fishing when it was attached to the ship. The implication seems to be he put two and two together only after the Explorers found them.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Considering Pokefan did mention we are meeting Gurumin in person soon and with all the 10 episodes revealed this is the only likely one......
Guess ludlow is Gurumin theories are true lol. I hope it isnt just a gag and actually dives deep into Ludlow's character, his eccentricity has a precedent to make him a more in depth character
Ludlow isn't Nidothing, lol. They have completely different personalities and Nidothing has been confirmed female in a couple of European dubs. Honestly, why do people think some calm and quiet old man would put on a Nidorina costume and act like a cheerful excitable girl, anyway? Even if Ludlow's Quaxly is the same individual as Nidothing's Quaxly this doesnt mean Nidothing is Ludlow, they might be his granddaughter?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
That’s Oha Suta, isn’t it?

It's Onipan. aoty 2022

(the show had an eceleb character that was secretly an already-established character in disguise, which they "hid" by crediting the VA of the eceleb character as "???" in the cast list until they revealed who she actually was)

Status
Not open for further replies.