• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 26th: SM123 - Master the Z-Move! Kaki's Fierce Boot Camp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
UXNP5Ue.png

Z-move Training at Kaki's!

----

Satoshi and the others are going to train Z-Moves for the Alola Pokémon League at Kaki's house. Kaki's partner Bakugames is acting like a big brother to everyone, helping Kuwagannon train and calming down the mischievous Garagara. And Satoshi and Māmane get to learn what happened the day Kaki and Bakugames ended up getting acquainted with each other.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Looks like the Z move training episode. Hopefully Mallow and Lillie participate as well.

ShadowForce720

So I'd imagine that Sophocles's Vikavolt has learn a new Bug type move that's being upgrade to the Bug type Z-move. So it looks like well probably get to see the Bug type Z-move here.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Savage Spin-Out would make sense with String Shot, but since String Shot isn't an attacking move, I guess Vikavolt will learn Bug Bite or something.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This confirms that Sophocles does get Buginium. It's now highly likely that Mallow gets a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal of her own.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Or Bug Buzz.

DatsRight

Bugium Z for Sophocles confirmed then (though I wonder where he gets a Z Ring). Hopefully some training for Lillie and some of the other students as well. I suppose Kiawe suits mentoring Z Moves better than anyone (though I thought it was a shame Ash didn't do much battle mentoring this series).

I'm keen on this marathon of non-Ash episodes they're churning out right now, hopefully the others will get SOME amount of experience in all this time. At least show them TRYING to get better as battlers, I'm not buying that beating up Team Rocket/Skull a handful of times makes them league material.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Bugium Z for Sophocles confirmed then (though I wonder where he gets a Z Ring). Hopefully some training for Lillie and some of the other students as well. I suppose Kiawe suits mentoring Z Moves better than anyone (though I thought it was a shame Ash didn't do much battle mentoring this series).

I'm keen on this marathon of non-Ash episodes they're churning out right now, hopefully the others will get SOME amount of experience in all this time. At least show them TRYING to get better as battlers, I'm not buying that beating up Team Rocket/Skull a handful of times makes them league material.
Well, aside from Ash, Hau and Gladion, they don't exactly have much competition as of right now.

Remix2

Wait does that mean Sophocles gets his z crystals form the race as well?

If so then boy the writers are doing a good job of devaluing them.

ShadowForce720

Wait does that mean Sophocles gets his z crystals form the race as well?

If so then boy the writers are doing a good job of devaluing them.

It's already been stated in the summary for episode 119 that the prize of the Vikavolt race is the Buginium-Z, it wouldn't be that surprising if a Z-ring came with it. Also I don't see how the writers are devaluing the Z-crystal or Z-ring as it's already been stated that while you can get Z-crystals from doing the Island challenge that that isn't the only way you can get Z-crystals, and technically winning the Z-crystal in a race is still technically earning it.

DatsRight

Ash and Team Rocket got literally handed a Z Ring as a freebie so I can concede with that area, it's how they USE the damn thing. Ash and Kiawe are really the only main characters whose Z Moves give them much of a boosted agency, everyone else just kinda has them as a quota.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hey I guess that confirms the question on if a z-ring is included

Hopefully Mallow isn't left out of this

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Ash and Team Rocket got literally handed a Z Ring as a freebie so I can concede with that area, it's how they USE the damn thing. Ash and Kiawe are really the only main characters whose Z Moves give them much of a boosted agency, everyone else just kinda has them as a quota.
At the very least, Team Rocket earned it in Nanu's eyes by doing him a favor.

Dealing with Gengar was less work for him, after all.

DatsRight

At the very least, Team Rocket earned it in Nanu's eyes by doing him a favor.

Dealing with Gengar was less work for him, after all.

Yeah but what I mean is that it sort of follows the 'they can get one anywhere' type stipulation, not having to go through this specific ritual or anything to prove they are worthy (which I think only Kiawe had to do in the series anyway), which is why I'm not really bothered by Sophocles winning a Z Crystal through a competition (have it Kahuna approved and it's largely hand waved).

I'm a bit bewildered how Sophocles is going to quickly get it AND a Z Ring, though Lana got a similar rush when the series was still in its early days so it's not too jarring.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Hey I guess that confirms the question on if a z-ring is included

Hopefully Mallow isn't left out of this
She's not a battler, she's a cook, and she really should be focusing on that instead of wasting her time on unrelated activities

Battling doesn't make one's restaurant famous, even though I'm sure she'll magically get a bunch of customers flocking to the family restaurant at the end of the series because SM loves to give Mallow rewards for Doing Absolutely Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.