• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 26th: SM123 - Master the Z-Move! Kaki's Fierce Boot Camp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Glad we're getting turtonator's backstory, he's been missing these last few episodes, so he needed focus, though I wonder if it'll be like in sm59 where the backstory, while important, was still not a huge part of the episode

p96822

Evolve me please
I'm going to have to disagree with you more than once.

1. Lillie was traumatized due to what happened with Sivally (Type: Null) and Nihelego. It's understandable that she would be afraid to be near Pokemon

***NOTE*** I'm probably very wrong, but wasn't after she was traumatized, she was wanting to be friendly with a Pokemon, she was in danger, and a Pokemon trying to warn her ended up terrifying her further, OR was that an entirely different character? It could've even been a boy. I can't remember, I remember someone who was apprehensive about Pokemon, wanting to give them a chance, then terrified of Pokemon because they though the Pokemon in question was trying to attack them, when actually it was trying to warn them and I think theyy ended up not liking Pokemon or being distrustful to them. Why can't I remember who that was?

2. I have to disagree with your idea that a traumatizing event in someone's past ONLY affecting them one specific way, there is at least one example (which we do not need to get into details) I can think of when something bad happens to someone at a very young age, it will likely change their entire personality and who they are a s person when they become adult, and not necessarily in context with what the bad thing that happens to them. A more simpler and easier to talk about (yet a very hypothetical) example, is a child's balloon being stolen and the event was so traumatizing (for hypothetical reasons) that the kid grows up smacking people across the face any time they get close to them. Doesn't necessarily have to do with balloons or possessions being stolen. But it was obviously a factor (yes I know it was ridiculous but I did say very hypothetical). What I'm saying is, if there is any truth at all to Disney's "Inside Out" each event that happens in a person's life shapes their future. In Lillie's case being absolutely terrified by Pokemon, would absolutely affect how she interacts with not just Pokemon but humans as well, like developing a fear of these two things potentially lashing out her would make her reserved. I also imagine repressing her memory of the event, would also cause unintended consequences of her being unable to properly be affected by her traumatizing event that affected her, what I'm saying is, she is affected, doesn't know why she's affected and as a result of not knowing why she acts like she does, could explain why she's timid, reserved.

I don't know about the whole "sheltered" description however. That sounds like an absent Lusamine, and an over protective brother thing more so than being traumatized by Pokemon. But timid? No, it does make sense her trauma of what happened would make her generally timid. It wouldn't just make her timid of JUST Pokemon.

Really I think that still doesn't make any sense why she can't touch any Pokemon. Her unable to touch Pokemon felt more as an add on then something more traumatizing to her. I felt that the writers should have gave one more flashback about the effect that had on her.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh its a Turtonator origin story! He and Togedemaru are the only ones left. We got Lana saving Popplio from Team Skull and Mallow's Mom catching Bounsweet for her. We even got Principal Oak and Komala's origins and are even getting Kukui and Litten.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Maybe Crawdaunt was involved with now Kiawe met Turtonator. Otherwise, unless it belongs to one of his family members, I don't see why it's appearing here.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I wonder what the crawdaunt is going to do here, probably helps turtonator fight against one, or maybe that’s how he masters the z move. I’m gonna guess it was in a battle anyways.

JC317

Sounds like this is an episode with minimal involvement from the girls...

Guess none of them need any Z-move training, probably picked it up right off the bat

DatsRight

Sounds like this is an episode with minimal involvement from the girls...

Guess none of them need any Z-move training, probably picked it up right off the bat

Yeah, but Lillie was specifically unable to do it in her last episode. Surely they wouldn't just hand wave it as "Oh she mastered it offscreen". What would have been the whole point in that roadblock?

Remix2

Lol so the boys do the actual training of the z move onscreen while the girls do nothing.

I’ll laugh if they master them offscreen.

Shotgunrain

The girls have really had it easy in SM. They are never shown struggling and growing through their failures at all, except for Lillie. It's weird how the summary only focuses on Sophocles. Maybe for Mallow, because she already knew the pose before Ash, she somehow already can perform Bloom Doom immediately? But Lillie was shown not being able to perform Subzero Slammer, funny how she's not mentioned here.

SM's treatment of the female classmates have been a joke.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I see Crawdaunt and I’m instantly interested. Always like the boys interactions this series but why aren’t the girls here?

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
The girls have really had it easy in SM. They are never shown struggling and growing through their failures at all, except for Lillie. It's weird how the summary only focuses on Sophocles. Maybe for Mallow, because she already knew the pose before Ash, she somehow already can perform Bloom Doom immediately? But Lillie was shown not being able to perform Subzero Slammer, funny how she's not mentioned here.

SM's treatment of the female classmates have been a joke.

You know...Lillie’s probably gonna have an episode to herself for that, considering that she’s pretty much main character #2 in this show.

dman_dustin

Lillie still has to get Magearna a soul heart, so no doubt at some point she's going to master the Ice Type Z-move at roughly the same time.

I hope AT THE VERY Least, Mallow and Lillie are shown attempting to use their Z-move, and that Sophocles just wanted to seek help from the two most experienced Z-move users (Ash and Kiawe).

DatsRight

I kinda hope the girls maybe get their own limelight episode for their Z Moves. They've only had one ensemble episode the entire series (the Gyarados one) while the boys get plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.